• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

JABEE

How is that even legal let alone ethical?

That's like me inserting a foley cathether into you that's been open but still stored in teh Pyxis.

They have been doing it for years. i never accept it. It's a shit tactic. It's used at that point, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Whenever anyone has a thread about this practice on here, old gamestop employees come on talking about how employees were allowed to take home display copies and used copies to "test" the games so that they could advise customers.

If it's open, it's not new.

jakncoke

Banned
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Josh Gordon will argue in his appeal hearing that his positive marijuana test was the result of second-hand smoke.
The news comes to light after it was revealed that Gordon's positive test was barely above the NFL's strict threshold. Gordon would have tested negative for marijuana in Major League Baseball, the Olympics and even the federal government. It shines a light on just how odious the NFL's marijuana policy is. Gordon's appeal will be heard on Friday.

man thats some shit. and losing a season over it unless he wins his appeals

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I was flipping radio stations on my way home and the way Armani Toomer was describing weed testing during mini camps you would have to be really, really fucking dumb to get busted.

Once you're on the repeat offenders list, you're fucked. But you have to be dumber than a box of rocks to get on that list to begin with. Everyone knows when that test is going to be performed. Pro-tip, don't smoke weed a week before camp starts.

jakncoke

Banned
Why are you doing this man? I thought we had an understanding. I thought you were going to help me NOT defend Romo. I am trying to stop and you are making it harder

If fun to poke every once in awhile

Also Western, should of sucked less and also when in doubt read my tag the win is forever

tumblr_lgku0wlsoc1qa89zw.gif

Why isn't their a universal limit? Why the fuck do the Olympics, government, and NFL have different numbers?

JESUS WHAT THE FUCK. There really should be a czar of common sense.

If fun to poke every once in awhile

Also Western, should of sucked less and also when in doubt read my tag the win is forever

tumblr_lgku0wlsoc1qa89zw.gif

Your QB is still fat, ugly, and a rapist. And you're a drunk.

bionic77

Not every Quarterback can post a 22.6 passer rating and win a super bowl. Unfortunately Romo has to play with defenses ranked at the bottom of the league year after year. If only he could be carried like Ben.
Ahhhhhh this brings me back to the mid 00s when I spent a ton of hours arguing that Ben was a great qb. Back then it was a tough sell.

No one makes that argument anymore but I still take pleasure in being right. This also happened back when me, Konex and Ninja (before he went heel) were arguing that Kobe was the best player in the league and would win a title of he just had more help than Smush.

They're playing him and Neal at hybrid DE/LB, the elephant position.
They practice with the OLBs, have LB numbers, frequently stand up at the LOS, and Neal has slimmed down to more of an LB weight. They're OLBs.

"elephant" is just the name of the position in Capers' scheme. It's a pass rush focused OLB with enough size to hold his ground.

They do have more of a 4-3 DE role responsibility when we play nickel (which is most of the time), so it's really just semantics and philosophy. "What is a defensive end?"
A miserable pile of secrets

Patrick Peterson ‏@RealPeterson21 6m
Happy to announce my 5 year extension with @AZCardinals! $70M and $48M Guaranteed!! #AZCardinals #P2Nation #YearOfTheCardinal

cdyhybrid

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Josh Gordon will argue in his appeal hearing that his positive marijuana test was the result of second-hand smoke.
The news comes to light after it was revealed that Gordon's positive test was barely above the NFL's strict threshold. Gordon would have tested negative for marijuana in Major League Baseball, the Olympics and even the federal government. It shines a light on just how odious the NFL's marijuana policy is. Gordon's appeal will be heard on Friday.

NFL's huge contract with Budweiser probably requires them to have this stupid threshold.

Happy to announce my 5 year extension with @AZCardinals! $70M and $48M Guaranteed!! #AZCardinals #P2Nation #YearOfTheCardinal

:jnc

Drakeon

Holy fucking shit. He got paid way more than Kap! :jnc :jnc :jnc

Hope you're happy with that Albatross around your neck AZ. Though I guess, speaking of Kap, we should wait to see the real details of the contract.

They practice with the OLBs, have LB numbers, frequently stand up at the LOS, and Neal has slimmed down to more of an LB weight. They're OLBs.

"elephant" is just the name of the position in Capers' scheme. It's a pass rush focused OLB with enough size to hold his ground.

They do have more of a 4-3 DE role responsibility when we play nickel (which is most of the time), so it's really just semantics and philosophy. "What is a defensive end?"
A miserable pile of secrets
Good points.

Also skinny Neal looks good. Hopefully he moves a little bit quicker/more fluidly.

rando14

$48 mil guaranteed?

89754-SHEEIT-gif-Clay-Davis-The-Wire-R90q.gif

Also

Retweeted by Richard Sherman
Cody Swartz ‏@cbswartz5 10m
Richard Sherman and Patrick Peterson combined to allow 8 touchdown passes in 2013. Peterson gave up seven of those.

Dick ain't impressed!!

Farooq

Banned
Ahhhhhh this brings me back to the mid 00s when I spent a ton of hours arguing that Ben was a great qb. Back then it was a tough sell.

No one makes that argument anymore but I still take pleasure in being right. This also happened back when me, Konex and Ninja (before he went heel) were arguing that Kobe was the best player in the league and would win a title of he just had more help than Smush.

I was being facetious. Glad I could provide some nostalgia.

Charean Williams @NFLCharean · 3m
Cowboys fear DE DeMarcus Lawrence has a broken right foot.

I mean, if there's a bright side, Cowboys fans don't have to worry about 8-8 again

BigAT

Fun to read all the stuff about Josh Gordon being dealt some great injustice and demanding he win his appeal, as though he didn't go out and get arrested for DUI while his appeal was going on. Can't imagine the fact that he barely tested positive outweighing his past suspensions and inability to control himself for even the shortest period of time.

That contract kind of makes me happy. Good job Cardinals!!! Matter of fact take all the Cardinals money, the Seahawks are tired of dealing with you guys.

Fun to read all the stuff about Josh Gordon being dealt some great injustice and demanding he win his appeal, as though he didn't go out and get arrested for DUI while his appeal was going on. Can't imagine the fact that he barely tested positive outweighing his past suspensions and inability to control himself for even the shortest period of time.

A DUI doesn't cost you an entire season. I mean, Lynch never even got suspended. I think his problems might be a bit overstated.

Zeke

So my city being used as a bargaining chip yet again I see. San Antonio raiders has a ring to it and the color scheme goes with the spurs.

Zeke

Eh I doubt they move I'm used my city being cock teased. Saints, chargers, vikes hell even the mlb has gotten in on the action.

Top Bottom