• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

cajunator

Banned
Survive, yes. But what do you do? What's the appeal? My kids wanted to go real bad so I'm taking them because I'm an awesome dad like that, but I know fuck all about the outdoors.

Hike, play with fire, play with rope, poke snakes with a stick, tease baltimore hobos, go swimming, read, rock climb, you know fun stuff

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Touché, Jabee, touché. Laugh now but I will have the last laugh.

And the Lions will have a Lombardi trophy before the Iggles.

Restore the Roar 2014.

cdyhybrid

tsebbqN.png

Go Hawks

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
One of NFLGAFs' premiere scholars, MRSA, earlier today was talking about building a rapport with your butcher. This is applicable in every single situation in life. Just right now I walked to AMPM to get a pack of cigarettes and started talking to the graveyard shift dude. He was transitioning his register post 12:01 AM so I had to wait outside for a few minutes. Anyways as I got in I started to talk to the guy, told him how I used to work graveyard shift at a gas station right down the street (hardest job I've ever had bar none) and I thanked him for his service in the Marine Corps.

Anyways I know the job and after we talked for a bit I mentioned how I was hungry but to drunk to drive and how I knew he was about to throw away those nasty AMPM corndogs, hotdogs, hamburgers etc. I asked him if he could hook it up (in a non douchey, freeloader way) since they were about to be thrown away and wasted even though they were perfectly fine to consume. I just asked him if there was anyway he could get in trouble with his manager and he said "no." I didn't grab everything I could, like a selfish dude like Colin Kaepernick would. I just grabbed two corn dogs and walked back to my pad.

I guess the point of this relapsed Kas drunk post (my no alcohol, pushup, workout routine will commence tomorrow mornining) is to build a rapport with wherever you go with whoever it may be. Try to find what you have in common with that person whether it be a bartender, butcher, server or your graveyard shift gas station attendant. It will help you in the end and who knows you may make a new friend.

#DefendTheDen

Restore the Roar 2014.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
How inspiring, kas!

Thank you, Bread. A nice conversation fueled by my alcoholism, building a rapport with the dude and I have two corndogs which would've get thrown away. Why thrown them away when they could go to someone hungry like Vince Wilfork?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Alcohol explains a lot of the posts made in here.

Tebow given talent in this short gif explains why Suh will deservedly be the highest paid defensive player at the start of 2015 season when all is said and done.

T-Rich-GIF.gif

That is a 6'4 310 lb dude of pure muscle catching up to a NFL running back from the weak side. Even after being double teamed.

I bet you'd love him as an Eagle.

Pat Pete getting paid! When he was at LSU we knew he was special but highest paid corner? Damn.

Declare your team allegiance.

Is Kevin Kolb a better quaterback than Matthew Stafford?

Tebow given talent in this short gif explains why Suh will deservedly be the highest paid defensive player at the start of 2015 season when all is said and done.

T-Rich-GIF.gif

That is a 6'4 310 lb dude of pure muscle catching up to a NFL running back from the weak side. Even after being double teamed.

I bet you'd love him as an Eagle.

Declare your team allegiance.

Is Kevin Kolb a better quaterback than Matthew Stafford?

I'm originally from New Orleans. Saints fan but I hate who dat with a passion.

Patrick Peterson and every other cornerback that's gotten paid this year needs to send a fruit basket to these five individuals:

Richard Sherman
Kam Chancellor
Earl Thomas
Byron Maxwell
Brandon Browner (he wasn't there last year, but he still was a contributing member)

These contracts for corners have gotten completely out of wack because teams are now trying their damnedest to emulate the LOB.

Patrick Peterson and every other cornerback that's gotten paid this year needs to send a fruit basket to these five individuals:

Richard Sherman
Kam Chancellor
Earl Thomas
Byron Maxwell
Brandon Browner (he wasn't there last year, but he still was a contributing member)

These contracts for corners have gotten completely out of wack because teams are now trying their damnedest to emulate the LOB.

The legion of Swoon in New England is the new hotness.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Richard Sherman
Kam Chancellor
Earl Thomas
Byron Maxwell

Agreed. Earl Thomas is the best safety in the league, and Sherman is the best DB in the league currently (IMO).

Say what you want about the Seachickens but they did there due diligence in drafting defensive backs. I still think we haven't heard about the true story about why Harbs did not draft Richard Sherman, a player he coached in college, and let him get drafted by his arch nemesis Pete Carroll in the fifth round.

Sherman has changed how we look at defensive backs in the way they are viewed from a size perspective. With receivers getting taller, bigger and faster you need a tall DB to combat those receivers. Sherman is 6'3 and had a 4.56 40 time but I think his height was the reason he dropped ironically. Still, if I'm building a defense I start with the defensive line and move back. A DBs job is made easier ten fold by a defensive line that harasses a QB like Big Ben harasses drunk college girls.

Titus Young from Boise State, also a South L.A. 5'11 native lit Shermans' shit up in 2012 for 100 yards and 2 TDs. One of the biggest waste of talent in NFL history is Titus Young. :(

Striker

These corners have been getting over-paid for a while now (Nate Clements, Brandon Carr, Johnathan Joseph), but if you have a top cover guy like Joe Haden you pay to keep him.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Sherman was a converted WR. He simply didn't have much corner experience when he was in the draft, and he was evaluated on that basis.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Imagine what would happen if the lions really won the Super Bowl lol

I would die a happy man and I'm dead serious. That Browns fans who died and asked for the Browns "to let him down one more time" hit me in the feels.

But out of all my years as a Lions fan I truly believe if it's going to happen it will be with Matthew Stafford at the helm and with Joe Lombardi as our offensive coordinator. The stars are aligning in terms of Suh and Fairley absolutely demolishing everyone for contract money and the rest of the defense will fall in place.*

*Suh will always show up every Sunday no matter what. Tebow given talent and work ethic. Fairleys' work ethic is something I question but he's been working out hard for the fat contract he will get at the end of the season.

One way or another these ain't the same old Lions. We can out score any team in the league and our defensive line is unquestionably Top 3 in the league. If Kyle Van Noy (BYU) our second round pick can be a solid OLB we have a Top 3 front 7 in the league.

Also remember we have one of the best and youngest offensive lines in the league.

The stars have aligned. Anything other than a playoff spot is a failure.

Dragon

Banned
Russell Wilson's two years in the league so far:

6MobDUi.png

Matt Stafford's FIVE years in the league so far:

eYyvzDx.png

Russell is on pace to have 20 4th-quarter comebacks and 25 game-winning drives by the time he will have been in the league as long as Stafford has been today, which are both twice what Stafford has at the 5-year mark.

No game over 27 points. The Seahawks defense is the reason for your team's success. He really hasn't had to carry his team and that's fine but fourth quarter comebacks is a garbage stat.

Tom Penny

No game over 27 points. The Seahawks defense is the reason for your team's success. He really hasn't had to carry his team and that's fine but fourth quarter comebacks is a garbage stat.

So What if Detroits D gave up 26 points a game to Seattles 16 in those comebacks. Same thing.

squicken

Peterson is the best CB in football. Agree w/Striker that teams have to pay guys like he and Haden since they follow the best WR around the field and usually lock him down

---
e:
Love Mike Tanier http://miketanier.sportsonearthblog.com/trent-richardson-ndamukong-suh-and-the-san-antonio-raiders/

Wading into the Lions’ salary cap situation is like venturing into the mountainside favelas of Rio De Janeiro. The history is fascinating, and there is an inspiring sense of awe, but the reality is dense and treacherous, built upon a history of despair.

Good morning, bros.

I got a solid 3 hours in with TLoU multiplayer on PS4, it is as glorious as I remember it. It's weird how slow and methodical it feels coming from something like BF4, but it really gives the game a unique feel.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Yeah, screw off Mike Tanier (I have no idea who you are).

Martin Mayhew (Lions GM) has done a great job building this team since the 0-16 2008 season when he took over the horrific Matt Miplen reign. Our "cap situation" is locked into extended contracts to the best WR in the game and one of the best QBs in the game. The rest of our roster is stacked with solid, young players at all positions.

We still managed to sign Golden Tate despite this "apocalyptic cap scene".

Free agency ended awhile ago so let's see how this season goes before we get into Suh talk.

Top Bottom