• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
jqucspoSnzCyd.JPG

#Pray4Chuck

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Fuck your 2014 phrase DMc. No one gives a shit about Tampa Bay.

Lions Facebook has posted another hashtagish phrase:

#DefendTheDen

I have partially relapsed into my previous alcoholic self these last two days and my upcoming posts may have a lot of Matthew Stafford pics from training camp or otherwise.

Shout out to Fox318 for going out like a G posting some fat Josh Freeman pics.

PFT said:
Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the deal is actually with $70.05 million over five years, a minor distinction that makes him the highest-paid cornerback in the NFL based on a new-money analysis. Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman signed in May four-year, $56 million extension, worth $14 million a year in new money. Peterson’s average is $14.01 million.

While Peterson was a little low on the total amount, he’s also a little high on the guaranteed money. We hope to have more details about the guaranteed money in the morning.

lol .05 mil difference. And yeah, not exactly $48 mil guaranteed, but apparently very very very very close to it (higher than Haden guarantee which was $45 mil). Will laugh if it's $47.95 mil

jakncoke

Banned
Sup nerds. Any of you know more in depth to whats behind Blu-Ray? Like stronger laser ? Because some how tonight the copy of Fight Club(dvd) that my mom left out of a case and is the most scratched ive seen a disc in like ever is actually working. Also reminds me of about 2 months ago PS3 played PS1 games that family neglected as well in miracle form

Joe

I'm in charge of setting up a Fantasy Football league for me and my friends, which one should I go with? NFL.com, Yahoo.com, CBSSports.com I think are my options?

We're all casual fans looking to have a friendly competition and learn the league better.

It would be nice to have apps available on iOS and Android OR a really nice mobile website.

I'm in charge of setting up a Fantasy Football league for me and my friends, which one should I go with? NFL.com, Yahoo.com, CBSSports.com I think are my options?

We're all casual fans looking to have a friendly competition and learn the league better.

It would be nice to have apps available on iOS and Android OR a really nice mobile website.

Yahoo's pretty cool but you have to pay for the stat tracker though. I'm actually not sure if the other leagues do this or not

JABEE

eznark will be on in a little bit to give you an answer.

I usually go with NFL or Yahoo. Both have their own apps. I think the Yahoo App is a lot better than the NFL one. We will see what they come up with this season. You can't go wrong either way. If you have an Xbox One, you can use it for fantasy. YH may have some first-hand experience with that.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
15652_10152546307488605_3943111685727560899_n.jpg

Soon to be the highest paid defensive player in the league for a reason. I loved Suh when he played at Nebraska (you can find old posts) and I will love watching greatness wherever it goes.

After our inevitable 2014 success we will resign him long term. If our front office lets one of the all time great and talented defensive players in NFL history walk in his prime thats on us. Unforgivable.

An easy definition for a non-football fan for Suh would be he is the Lebron James of NFL defensive players. A guy of his character, work ethic and God-given physical ability comes once in a lifetime.

10525714_10152548427893605_5047160923796887845_n.jpg

10537742_10152546065418605_7742787904267765426_n.jpg

10552369_10152544791273605_9096580025509239048_n.jpg

10480010_10152545318828605_5187477516080478535_n.jpg

#DefendTheDen

Restore the Roar 2014.

JABEE

Yahoo's pretty cool but you have to pay for the stat tracker though. I'm actually not sure if the other leagues do this or not

I'm pretty sure stat tracker is free now. You used to have to pay for it in Fantasy Baseball, but now everything is ad-supported. That's how it worked last season at least.

Mindlog

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/10352942_10201111966041701_9027226922368155335_n.jpg?oh=0330d90b218605097c4f03cb0f47f225&oe=5437ACC0&__gda__=1412934260_a382a870bcfc111ab37ecc86c5c9735dhttps://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t1.0-9/10501691_10201111966921723_1167323807339327985_n.jpg
We ready.
Great writeup Syrinx. I would have been a little more pessimistic regarding the o-line, but no big deal. Cummings is planning on having an article with his thoughts later today.

hAuVQAk.png

I'm pretty sure stat tracker is free now. You used to have to pay for it in Fantasy Baseball, but now everything is ad-supported. That's how it worked last season at least.

The last Yahoo league I was in was in 2012 and we each paid $103 entree fee with the $3 going towards the stat tracker

Yahoo's the only one I can stand, and it's pretty friendly for casuals.

15652_10152546307488605_3943111685727560899_n.jpg

Soon to be the highest paid defensive player in the league for a reason. I loved Suh when he played at Nebraska (you can find old posts) and I will love watching greatness wherever it goes.

After our inevitable 2014 success we will resign him long term. If our front office lets one of the all time great and talented defensive players in NFL history walk in his prime thats on us. Unforgivable.

An easy definition for a non-football fan for Suh would be he is the Lebron James of NFL defensive players. A guy of his character, work ethic and God-given physical ability comes once in a lifetime.

10525714_10152548427893605_5047160923796887845_n.jpg

10537742_10152546065418605_7742787904267765426_n.jpg

10552369_10152544791273605_9096580025509239048_n.jpg

10480010_10152545318828605_5187477516080478535_n.jpg

#DefendTheDen

Restore the Roar 2014.

won't he have to take a paycut? suh isn't even a top defensive lineman in the NFL. a true difference maker doesn't allow his team to not win the worst division in professional sports. for that alone he cannot be called an elite defensive player in this league, let alone one of the all time greats. i'm sorry kas :(

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Speaking of fantasy, if you were in the cat.gif or stragglers league last year, either join or let me know you're not playing, please.

JABEE

GE7Vxf4.jpg

Our starting quarterback is looking strong. He gained weight in the off season. He's going to have to be big enough to replace Suh on the other side of the ball. Coaches told him not to, but he's so committed to the team as a leader that he went ahead and added the weight. All muscle, baby. #BigMacStafford

TpwBHXa.png

The only good player on our team is getting old. Let's trade him away. We don't need him. We have Ebron catching passes at the wide receiver position. He may drop the ball, but he's just doing that during training camp to work on his upper body. Those push-ups will make him better in the end. Better than AJ Green and Julio Jones combined! #SuckItYankeeHater

Fh1ul7k.jpg

Finally the other big man on campus!
LxucQcR.jpg

Suh! Suh! Suh! Watt can't do what Suh can do! Suh is a monster! He's Reggie White reincarnate! He plays the game with an edge. My man's physique makes Arnold blush! Pay this man $40 million a year. I'm sure Suh is too good of a guy to take that. He will take a nice pay cut. $32 million per year, all guaranteed. I guarantee you that we win a Super Bowl with this team of superstars. No team in the league has this much skill on all sides of the ball.

JompgO1.jpg

This man is ready!

#RestoreTheRoar2014
#DefendTheDen
#Kony2012
#AssalamualaykumBionic

Let's Go Lions! ROAR!

TErb2TY.jpg

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
won't he have to take a paycut? suh isn't even a top defensive lineman in the NFL. a true difference maker doesn't allow his team to not win the worst division in professional sports. for that alone he cannot be called an elite defensive player in this league, let alone one of the all time greats. i'm sorry kas :(

No, FMT, he is the best defensive lineman (and player) in the NFL. I don't say the because he is a Lion (or because I'm a diehard Lions fan), I say that as someone who was pretty good at defensive line in high school and was going to play at a Pac 10 school before decisions I made screwed that up. /Al Bundy I'm an expert at defensive line play

I don't like watching college football but I'll never forget the Nebraska vs. Texas game where he had at least 5 sacks on Colt McCoy and was demolishing the Texas offensive line on every single play. There was not a damn thing the Longhorn could do.

He is the most feared defensive player in the league by his peers. Offensive coordinators gameplan around Suh. He commands at minimum a double team on every single, most of the time triple team. Suh is dedicated to his craft, shows up, works hard, doesn't beg for attention and can play on any position on the defensive line, whether 4=3 or 3-4, due to his unbelievable physical gifts.

And I hope you were trolling about that "worst division on pro sports" because the NFC North >>> NFC West anyday of the week. Jay Cutler is above and beyond any Quarterback play coming out of the NFC West and he's the 3rd best QB in this division.

cdyhybrid

And I hope you were trolling about that "worst division on pro sports" because the NFC North >>> NFC West anyday of the week. Jay Cutler is above and beyond any Quarterback play coming out of the NFC West and he's the 3rd best QB in this division.

As if we needed anymore proof...

This is the nail in the coffin for the case that :kas is being serious when he posts.

MechDX

No, FMT, he is the best defensive lineman in the NFL. I don't say the because he is a Lion I say that as someone who was pretty good at defensive line in high school and was going to play at a Pac 10 school before decisions I made screwed that up. /Al Bundy

jj-watt-no-no.gif

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
As if we needed anymore proof...

This is the nail in the coffin for the case that :kas is being serious when he posts.

Wussle is a great QB, but he is a "manage the game QB" with a Top 3 defense and a solid offensive plan which mainly stems from running the ball. Wilson will not lead you team to a win following a point deficit.

You can hate on Cutler all you want, dude is a douchebag, but there is no denying he has been a hell of a QB since his days at Venderbilt. He is a Top 8 NFL QB in the pocket combined with probably the strongest arm in the league only next to Rodgers and Staffordl

Meh. You could have put JJ Watt on this team last year and we'd still miss the playoffs thanks to Stafford.

I'm not paying Suh what he presumably wants to be paid, sorry. He could have easily gotten for a few million more than Geno Atkins; I'd imagine that's what the Lions tried to do. Instead he probably wants something ridiculous. No thanks. And don't franchise him. I'd rather lose him and free up cap space to sign a couple decent defense players instead of having max contracts tied up in three players. Pretty sure no team has ever won with that type of set up.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Suh's under contract next year. For a relatively affordable cap hit of $13.2M.

e - Wait. That's a player option. Bye bye to Suh.

I'm taking my kids camping this weekend and I've never been camping before. It's supposed to be like 104 degrees each day. So you're just hot as fuck out there? I don't get camping.

No, FMT, he is the best defensive lineman (and player) in the NFL. I don't say the because he is a Lion (or because I'm a diehard Lions fan), I say that as someone who was pretty good at defensive line in high school and was going to play at a Pac 10 school before decisions I made screwed that up. /Al Bundy I'm an expert at defensive line play

I don't like watching college football but I'll never forget the Nebraska vs. Texas game where he had at least 5 sacks on Colt McCoy and was demolishing the Texas offensive line on every single play. There was not a damn thing the Longhorn could do.

He is the most feared defensive player in the league by his peers. Offensive coordinators gameplan around Suh. He commands at minimum a double team on every single, most of the time triple team. Suh is dedicated to his craft, shows up, works hard, doesn't beg for attention and can play on any position on the defensive line, whether 4=3 or 3-4, due to his unbelievable physical gifts.

1. suh isn't the best defensive lineman in the NFC and the best defensive lineman in the NFL is in the AFC... so yeah.

2. players fear suh because they fear for their safety after the play. will he bite you? will he stomp on a body part while you're on the ground? will he kick you in the balls? step right up and play a game of roulette with suh!

3. NFC north is a joke of a division when the best QB in the division can miss half the games and that team still ends up winning the division

p.s.

kap has the strongest arm in the league. not sure why you would debate that. a close second is blow job daniels

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Meh. You could have put JJ Watt on this team last year and we'd still miss the playoffs thanks to Stafford.

I'm not paying Suh what he presumably wants to be paid, sorry. He could have easily gotten for a few million more than Geno Atkins; I'd imagine that's what the Lions tried to do. Instead he probably wants something ridiculous. No thanks. And don't franchise him. I'd rather lose him and free up cap space to sign a couple decent defense players instead of having max contracts tied up in three players. Pretty sure no team has ever won with that type of set up.

*The below post does not reflect the majority of LionsGAF opinion*

PD, Suh is no Geno Atkins, Suh is more akin to a Reggie White. Geno is great but Suh is an all time great, first ballot hall of famer if he continues to stay healthy You cannot let one of the most talented and physically/mentally gifted defensive players go to another franchise in his athletic prime.Guys like Suh don't go on a tree, they come along once in a generation.

Quote me on this when all is said and done, whether he is a Lion or not, by the start of the 2015 season Suh will be the highest paid defensive player (probably of all time when inflation is factored in).

nfl_Suh_576x650.jpg

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...le&rand=ref~{"ref":"https://www.google.com/"}

His peers recognize this, and the dude is just getting into his prime. Stafford is the only untradeable piece on this team. Free up cap space for Suh.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Laugh all you want but why is Suh the most feared NFL player by his peers and why will he be the highest paid defensive player by the start of the 2015 season? Defensive coordinators gameplan around him and this opinion poll by his peers and his salary did not come to be out of coincidence.

I've been praising the Suh gospel since he was at Nebraska and will continue to do so wherever he goes.

Y'all would welcome him on your team with open arms.

Laugh all you want but why is Suh the most feared NFL player by his peers and why will he be the highest paid defensive player by the start of the 2015 season?

I been praising the Suh gospel since he was at Nebraska and will continue to do so wherever he goes.

Y'all would welcome him on your team with open arms.

suh is literally feared because of his illegal/dirty antics. says it right there in the article you provided. and i'm sure this article is as accurate as the NFL top 100 voting. and if the lions are stupid enough to make suh the highest paid defensive player in the NFL (and by definition, the highest paid defensive player in NFL history) then you will continue swimming in mediocrity for another decade.

no responsible team would make him the highest paid defensive player. suh will likely be a free agent since the lions tagging him would be insanely high. he will have to make a decision if he wants to get paid (go back to the lions or some other bum team) or does he want to win? that will tell you all you need to know about suh

cdyhybrid

Wussle is a great QB, but he is a "manage the game QB" with a Top 3 defense and a solid offensive plan which mainly stems from running the ball. Wilson will not lead you team to a win following a point deficit.

You can hate on Cutler all you want, dude is a douchebag, but there is no denying he has been a hell of a QB since his days at Venderbilt. He is a Top 8 NFL QB in the pocket combined with probably the strongest arm in the league only next to Rodgers and Staffordl

Russell Wilson's two years in the league so far:

6MobDUi.png

Matt Stafford's FIVE years in the league so far:

eYyvzDx.png

Russell is on pace to have 20 4th-quarter comebacks and 25 game-winning drives by the time he will have been in the league as long as Stafford has been today, which are both twice what Stafford has at the 5-year mark.

cajunator

Banned
I'm taking my kids camping this weekend and I've never been camping before. It's supposed to be like 104 degrees each day. So you're just hot as fuck out there? I don't get camping.

Ive camped hundreds of times in boy scouts. Sometimes it was outside a tent in 90 degree weather. Youll survive.

Ive camped hundreds of times in boy scouts. Sometimes it was outside a tent in 90 degree weather. Youll survive.

Survive, yes. But what do you do? What's the appeal? My kids wanted to go real bad so I'm taking them because I'm an awesome dad like that, but I know fuck all about the outdoors.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Chicago overtime game in 2012
Atlanta playoff game in 2012

JABEE

Wait until it's cooler. I know you're kids probably won't want to do that, but if it's really 104 degrees they will thank you. No one will want to do anything. Part of the appeal of camping is being around a fire, picking up sticks, and running around doing activities. Your kids will be complaining about the heat from the very start.

Top Bottom