• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

MechDX

Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans · 1m
Case Keenum will start at QB for the #Texans to begin the second half.#TexansPreseason

There ya go Miguel and Matrix. get your Cougar Red goggles on

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Case Keenum will start at QB for the #Texans to begin the second half.#TexansPreseason

Too bad the rest of the Texans are making him look bad.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

yea I'm jumping up and down with joy watching him play with most the players who will be cut and all the guys who get penalties.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
fuck you Dobbins, but thanks former Texan

Matrix

Thats a beautiful throw by Case. Learn Savage!

Matrix

Well yeah! He has Welkah V.2 with him on the field

Savage was ass tonight... just admit it.

He showed not one thing being in there tonight. I'd like to know the reason as to why he was behind Fitz tonight considering Case got snaps with the starters this week.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
If you played a drinking game out of penalties in these games, you would be drunk after one quarter.

Thoughts on the Packers game, which I was at. If I don't mention something, I probably wasn't paying attention to it.

Secondary:

* Tramon: not sure he should play outside any more. He looks a step slow. On the positive side, he's still solid over the slot.
* Hyde: looks ok, but with the rave reviews of his switch to safety I was bamboozled into hoping for more than that. I'm not sure he's any better than Burnett in pass coverage. He's better against the run though, not that that's news (or impressive). TD pass was between him and HaHa, I think.
* Clinton-Dix: not quite ready, looks to me like he's still figuring it out as he goes. Got beat on the 4th down conversion early, but not too badly (made Bradford make a good throw).
* House: got torched on a go for what should've been a 70-yard TD if Bradford hadn't pathetically underthrown it. Even if it'd been modestly underthrown it would've been a big gain. I do not feel comfortable with Davon House as a starting CB on the outside, or inside, or anywhere really. He should be a dime back.
* Hayward: still looks like our 2nd best cornerback (behind Shields) to me, I'm not sure how godawful he must be in practices to not even make the dime rotation. In game action, he doesn't really get beat, and he plays the ball better than anyone else we have. Still not sure what I'm missing here.
* Burnett: will actually be interesting to see how much better he is when he doesn't have hot garbage opposite him. Both Hyde and HaHa should be good enough to let him play normally.

Wide receiver:

* Jordy, Cobb, Boykin, Adams are your 4. After that it's a huge dropoff. Not sure if any of the guys are ready. At least they're all talented...

Tight end:

* cut Quarless.

Quarterback:

* Flynn is substantially better than Tolzien right now. Like "80 overall in Madden vs 60 overall" substantial. Not really much more to say.

Running back:

* I see that you poor souls not on the Starks War Wagon were hating on him, but he is what he is. Can't find a cutback lane to save his life, but runs downhill like a truck. If he can stay healthy, he and Harris should be able to do their job: keep Eddie Lacy fresh for the playoffs. I'd be concerned with having Starks or Harris at 1st-string RB, but we have Lacy.

interior defensive line:

* looked like Datone did some good stuff. Probably easier to see on TV than it was from my seat, though.

penalties:

* was interesting how clean this game was (at least early) relative to other flag-fests this preseason. Not sure if the refs were taking it easy, or if this bodes well for both the Rams and Packers staying on the plus side of the penalty yards in the new baby-league future.

Random Rams note:

* Bradford made some tough throws on time today, which, in my experience watching Bradford, is new and unusual.

MechDX

Savage was ass tonight... just admit it.

He showed not one thing being in there tonight. I'd like to know the reason as to why he was behind Fitz tonight considering Case got snaps with the starters this week.

Case will forever be tainted by Kaves misery

Matrix

Case >>>>>>>> Savage

the end

MechDX

Labhart just seems to catch everything near him

Case has a good arm, good scrambling ability but he stares down his primary target every time. Rarely goes through his progressions.

That was his downfall last year when defenses game planned for him

Matrix

sigh Case

" We don't need a superstar at qb ----- McNair"

yes we do... badly

Matrix

haha special teams is already better this year... I wonder why :p

Yates still looks like a Texans QB.

captive

sigh Case

" We don't need a superstar at qb ----- McNair"

yes we do... badly
No joke.

But what's he supposed to say? "Don't watch my team cause we're going to suck, and even if we don't suck we have like 0% chance at winning a Superbowl cause we have no top tier QB."

captive

Top Bottom