• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

Farooq

Banned
GroundedPoshBarebirdbat.gif

Romo's TD. Initially I thought it was under-thrown. However it seems when Romo sees Dez 1-on-1, Romo doesn't want to over throw Dez. So in a situation like in the gif above, if Dez is looking at Romo and the DB is not, Romo will under-throw the ball to give Dez an opportunity to stop and make a play, and since the DB is not looking at the ball he overruns Dez. That was Romo's explanation.

Konka

Banned

Romo's TD. Initially I thought it was under-thrown. However it seems when Romo sees Dez 1-on-1, Romo doesn't want to over throw Dez. So in a situation like in the gif above, if Dez is looking at Romo and the DB is not, Romo will under-throw the ball to give Dez an opportunity to stop and make a play, and since the DB is not looking at the ball he overruns Dez. That was Romo's explanation.

That's a good way to polish an under thrown ball.

Yeah, it's much safer to under-throw than risk an over-throw when you know your receiver can win the battle every time.

Matt Stafford has made a career out of this practice

I really, really doubt that.

It seems I'm not the only one, either.

Farooq

Banned
That's a good way to polish an under thrown ball.

Romo's explanation. (Around 1:42)

http://www.dallascowboys.com/multim...hrow-Dez/3d4068de-1687-449d-81c0-91ce1b6d3a7b

His deep ball for the past three years has suffered. He used to have an adequate deep ball in years 2006-2010(I think he lead the league in YPA in that time frame).

I am hoping the underlying cause was related to his back injury, and now that it is fixed he can retain some semblance of his old self.

Gobias

Banned

Yeah.

Or he was just about to get hit and the ball was under thrown.

eznark

Banned

lolol

Farooq

Banned
Why you guys shooting the messenger? Not like I made this shit up. Romo said it, and I relayed it. It is all good though, cause when Romo under throws Dez all throughout the season, I will be sitting here saying "Atta boy Romo, you don't need to hit Dez in stride. Just make him jump for it".

eznark

Banned
Why you guys shooting the messenger? Not like I made this shit up. Romo said it, and I relayed it. It is all good though, cause when Romo under throws Dez all throughout the season, I will be sitting here saying "Atta boy Romo, you don't need to hit Dez in stride. Just make him jump for it".

I think it's strange that an NFL quarterback will admit to being unable to hit a wide open receiver without overthrowing him. Big of Romo to admit he is ass.

Gonna have to get used to the Niners not playing in a shithole.

Farooq said:

Dat Kas-like spin.

It's an underthrown ball. Not a terrible mistake considering you have Dez Bryant with a size advantage and his formidable ball skills in a 1 on 1 match-up on the outside. He's going to pull down 95% of the jump balls there.

But still, it was a mistake.

Konka

Banned

You said "Initially I thought it was under-thrown" it was under thrown, your initial thought was correct.

Farooq

Banned
You said "Initially I thought it was under-thrown" it was under thrown, your initial thought was correct.

Yea, I guess part me was hoping Romo isn't damaged goods, so I was clinging on to hope that the under throw was intentional. It is a damn shame.

#WeedenFuture2015

What was Peyton thinking of running? Lol.

Good luck at the end zone on 3rd down just need to clean that execution up.

Another shot for the D to step up. Special teams kinda scares me.

Finished put he 2nd half of yesterday's Packers game.

- Tolzien looked really good even if his throwing motion is ugly. Still, he's improved greatly from last year. He's your #2 for sure. Hope Flynn's on the team as Rodger's tape-watching buddy.
- TE Rodgers looked good as did Quarless. Think they're a good 1-2 punch there. Rodgers has a higher ceiling but for now they're a good duo.
- Janis is your #5 WR. High ceiling. Next season he'll be your #3 next year.
- I like Michael Hill. I'll be interested if him or Rajon Neal make the squad but think they definitely keep 4.
- Sherrod is godawful. It's a bummer Barclay got hurt. Great depth.

Top Bottom