• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

Halo looks beautiful :*)

Yeah it looks far beyond my wildest dreams. Did you guys see the MCC thing they had on after their gamecom conference ended? They showed all the little details that they are adding to Sanctuary and it was really impressive. It was also interesting that the guy who was the lead designer on the Halo 2 maps originally in now at Certain Affinity and he is the one doing the remastered maps.

brentech

Probably already posted here, but just in case:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/johnny-manziel-forced-to-wear-cleveland-browns-jer,36660/

Johnny Manziel Forced To Wear Cleveland Browns Jersey In Cruel Rookie Hazing Incident
CLEVELAND—In what many claim is further evidence pointing to the NFL’s growing problem with its locker-room culture, sources confirmed Monday that former Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel was forced to wear a Cleveland Browns jersey as part of a particularly cruel form of rookie hazing. “The recent incident, in which a rookie was subjected to an extreme form of public humiliation, is unacceptable and goes against the values we stand for as an organization,” read an official team statement, responding to allegations that the first-year quarterback was made to wear the utterly demeaning outfit for several consecutive hours in full view of teammates, media members, and spectators. “We fully intend to impress upon all of our players that this type of ‘rite of passage’ can lead to significant emotional and psychological damage, and it has absolutely no place in football. We have reached out to Johnny and his family, and we hope that he will be able to move on from this and that his teammates may begin to slowly regain his trust.” Sources say the Browns are also investigating whether bullying may have been at play after discovering that 2014 first-round pick Justin Gilbert was recently forced to purchase a home in Cleveland.

You ever want to have a legitimate conversation about it, I'm all ears.

What kind of legitimate conversation do you want to have?

A kid made a really dumb mistake and compounded it with an even dumber mistake six years ago. Owned up to it, and has now moved on and has been a model citizen ever since. (And don't give me that taking money from Auburn BS, you would have to strain yourself to find a player at any major DI football program who hasn't ate off of being a football player)

If you want to keep holding that against him, be my guest.

Bowser

You ever want to have a legitimate conversation about it, I'm all ears.

443886152.gif

Dragon

Banned
What kind of legitimate conversation do you want to have?

A kid made a really dumb mistake and compounded it with an even dumber mistake six years ago. Owned up to it, and has now moved on and has been a model citizen ever since. (And don't give me that taking money from Auburn BS, you would have to strain yourself to find a player at any major DI football program who hasn't ate off of being a football player)

If you want to keep holding that against him, be my guest.

The reason I've been on your case about it is more about the fact that you called a Patriots QB dumb and yet your QB wrote his name on a stolen laptop. I do appreciate the candid response though, and I don't really have a problem with Cam. We've all made mistakes, and in the scheme of things, a stolen laptop isn't something I'd hold against a 21 year old kid.

Crisco

Banned
I'm starting to think Benjamin purposely tanked his combine to get drafted by a better team. His numbers would suggest he's a stiff, but on the field he's burned every DB that's tried to cover him. Short routes, long routes, he gets a couple steps on everyone that's tried to check him.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I'm starting to think Benjamin purposely tanked his combine to get drafted by a better team. His numbers would suggest he's a stiff, but on the field he's burned every DB that's tried to cover him. Short routes, long routes, he gets a couple steps on everyone that's tried to check him.

This is another reason Eric Ebron better show the fuck up this year. Benjamin and Megatron.....*sigh*

hnaler.gif

I think its a combination of sneaky game speed (which doesn't often translate when compared to the trackstars who always wow at the combine) and Proehl honing his route running techniques (including teaching how to get a good jump off the snap, break press, double moves, etc. etc.)

If anyone knows how to consistently get open as a "slow" guy, it'll be Ricky Proehl.

bionic77

This is disrespectful as fuck
Brady can't even grow facial hair.

He also lacks the deep voice, adams apple, menacing glare and large bulge in pants that are required to be a leading man in a western.

He might be good as the lackey or one of the cheap whores in the brothel though.

I'm never trusting anything ever again.
You can only hide so much with makeup. It is usually harder to see in pictures. Easier to see in video and very easy to see in person (assuming decent lighting).

eznark

Banned
? He's not a rookie, looked pretty terrible at RT last season before being moved to LT for this season:

I agree though, it's still way early in his career to be proclaiming bust.

ugh I'm the worst. Offensive linemen need to get more unique names. Or not play for the Chiefs.

Top Bottom