• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

Dragon

Banned
At the end? It was fine. The rest of the book was shit.

I don't mind that trope, and it can be interesting. I though he pulled it off well when he did it a couple books ago. It's an interesting and uniquely well thought out take on communication in the age of carrier pigeons. The fog surrounding current events is so well done. That hack Martin should've read these. "Oh I sent a fucking bird so now everyone everywhere knows everything instantly"

Fat fuck.

It's funny you mention that, as fans of the series biggest criticisms is simply the lack of communication between the core characters. It's even worse in WoT's case because at this point in the story they can travel pretty much anywhere in Randland almost instantaneously.

I do agree though that the magic knowledge shit is lame and lazy on Martin's part.

eznark

Banned
It's funny you mention that, as fans of the series biggest criticisms is simply the lack of communication between the core characters. It's even worse in WoT's case because at this point in the story they can travel pretty much anywhere in Randland almost instantaneously.

I do agree though that the magic knowledge shit is lame and lazy on Martin's part.

Eh the danger of the gateway slicing a bitch in half sort of negates a lot of that. Generally they go way outside of any town

At the end? It was fine. The rest of the book was shit.

I don't mind that trope, and it can be interesting. I though he pulled it off well when he did it a couple books ago. It's an interesting and uniquely well thought out take on communication in the age of carrier pigeons. The fog surrounding current events is so well done. That hack Martin should've read these. "Oh I sent a fucking bird so now everyone everywhere knows everything instantly"

Fat fuck.

i'm reading through the books now and i always found it strange. its like a piece of news gets to someone (truth be told i don't understand how it would even work but i do know that they were used in early wars so i'm just ignorant on the details of how you get a bird to deliver something somewhere) and then almost immediately after a bunch of people know that the bird was sent somewhere and what the contents were.

still enjoying the books tho brah! don't be hatin'!

BigAT

Watching someone have a mental breakdown on Facebook is always entertaining.

jO8H6xk.png

Yes, that is him liking his own comments and replying to himself.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Wowwwwww just watched unbreakable for the first time. That ending! Best comic book movie ever.

Have you been living under a rock? How have people not seen that movie?

MOVIE SPOILER:

But, yes, it's the best super hero origin movie ever made.

Bread

Banned
Have you been living under a rock? How have people not seen that movie?

MOVIE SPOILER:

But, yes, it's the best super hero origin movie ever made.
It's even funnier because I'm a huge fan of m night's movies (except anything after the village. Yes after!).

Bread

Banned
you have great taste in movies brother. unbreakable can never be topped as far as superhero movies go. Samuel L and bruce both put on incredible performances
we are 2 penises in a pod

Up until about 10 minutes left in The Village, M Night was amazing. After that point, he was shit.
Eh can't really argue with that, the ending wasn't great but it definitely doesn't overshadow the rest of that movie. He was just so good at creating atmosphere in his films.

Mindlog

We drank our clients under the table today, but they were Igglez fans. Sucks running up your own company's tab for that kind of son of a bitchery. At least they weren't from Carolina.
you have great taste in movies brother. unbreakable can never be topped as far as superhero movies go. Samuel L and bruce both put on incredible performances
A) As far as M. Night Shamalayayyayyayaan movies, Sure.
B) Bloodborne is an alright Vampire game, but Embrace of the Vampire is the best Vampire related media property yet released.
C) Degenerates.
What's the Mech choice? Push?

Yeah, curfew in a few minutes.

Curfew... in a god damn American city.

LAND OF THE FREE.... LAND OF THE FREE, and a curfew.... WHAT THE FUCK.

This cop are the most inept bunch of idiots I have ever seen. I'm surprise the federal government hasn't step in and handle this mess.

Dragon

Banned
Up until about 10 minutes left in The Village, M Night was amazing. After that point, he was shit.

A lot of people hate Lady in the Water but I have a fondness for it. Hard to pinpoint why, I think it's more the concept and Paul Giamatti (who I think is amazing in the movie).

Eh the danger of the gateway slicing a bitch in half sort of negates a lot of that. Generally they go way outside of any town

True enough. That's why they get to 'know' an area before making a gateway. I feel like in some ways the world of WoT is way more impressive than the characters (well besides Mat). All the magic concepts are so much more interesting than what they do with it.

San Fran doesn't look really good this pre-season so far. They need to be worried because Arizona could easily fill their void if they are not careful.

eznark

Banned
San Fran doesn't look really good this pre-season so far. They need to be worried because Arizona could easily fill their void if they are not careful.

Eh, I think it's more likely that only one team comes out of the West than Arizona getting a WC spot. I like the Bears and Packers to make it and think that the South will probably have two teams with 9-10+ wins.

Carson Palmer ain't getting any younger.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Eh, I think it's more likely that only one team comes out of the West than Arizona getting a WC spot. I like the Bears and Packers to make it and think that the South will probably have two teams with 9-10+ wins.

Carson Palmer ain't getting any younger.

I think that's the most positive thing you've ever said about the Bears in however many years I've been posting here.

Top Bottom