• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

why you no dotes with us anymore GREG?!?
cry.gif

Dragon

Banned
His personality and actions just scream cocky little douche. Now take a guy like Andrew Luck, he just seems like the kind of dude I'd want to hang out with. I guess that tells you a little something about me (I'm not into snorting coke off of women's asses).

I think concluding anything about an athlete's personality is pretty tough. They're trained to be as vague and cliche as possible. I don't mind Luck at all, he throws a healthy amount of picks to the Pats.

RIP Tannehill.

I'd really like to hear the thought process behind developing a young QB with an irredeemable offensive line.

Two black analysts arguing about blacks not having fathers in their lives is part of the problem needed to happen?

I just want everyone to be safe right now. I don't want to quiet anyone or any side but I don't want this to turn into kent state.

He retired from Ping Pong and he went down hill quick.
I honestly don't know why that guy brought those issues up. He didn't even talk about the Brown situation.

Dolphins won't have a head coach soon.

I'm down for coaching by committee, better then the last 20 years of coaches.

I think concluding anything about an athlete's personality is pretty tough. They're trained to be as vague and cliche as possible. I don't mind Luck at all, he throws a healthy amount of picks to the Pats.

I'd really like to hear the thought process behind developing a young QB with an irredeemable offensive line.

I suspect there is very little thought process to being with.

Pimpwerx

Goddamn. He wasn't that fat 7 months ago, was he?

Jared is that fat kid who wants to play WR in the pickup tackle game when he knows damn well he should be blocking on the line. Or the tall guy at the court who wants to play PG and shoot 3s. You know, it's good to dream and all, but sometimes you gotta go with the position nature intended you to play. Jared should've been a TE or lineman, but the chicks weren't into that position enough. PEACE.

Pimpwerx

To be fair, everyone in Miami and this thread asked the same question when we made the pick. We knew we needed a QB, but there was also a need to improve every other position on the offense. I think the years leading up to the Tanny pick were supposed to install the infrastructure, but then they just turned into a bunch of horrible offensive lineman picks. PEACE.

For other fans of Molly Qerim, seems she hosts the Fantasy Live program on nfl.com, currently on now.

Yum

Colts, Texans and Jaguars are better than every AFC East team but the Patriots.

As much as we suck we aren't worse then the Jags and Tannehill>>>Whatever trash the Texans have at QB

Why wouldn't you want the quitter coach helping your team?

I hope Pennington puts a curse on the jets.

i watched the broadcast and the stadium looks incredible. i feel like if you never went to candlestick you just can't understand how much of a piece of shit it is. i would also pay to have my food delivered!

I feel like the people who were at the game yesterday were less shitty too. I can't tell you how many times I saw fights between niners fans and harrassment toward visiting fans at Candlestick. Obviously it's preseason but I think Levi's will be a huge improvement in every possible way.

O-line was always Ireland's biggest issue when it came to drafting. Miss after miss besides Pouncey. You can't blame the current regime for the state of the o-line, Hickey has done just about everything in his power to improve it for this upcoming season. Signed Albert to a big deal, used a first and third round pick on a guaranteed starter and a potential starter, brought in some G's in free agency, etc.

Chances are the o-line will suck again this season but I don't think Tannehill will be sacked nearly as much for a few reasons. First of all, I think the line is a little better overall. Albert and James are massive, massive improvements over Martin/McKinnie and Clabo at OT. Second, and more importantly, Lazor's offense is going to be all about Tannehill getting rid of the ball quickly and on time. We've already seen that in Tannehill's limited time this preseason.

The bigger issue for the o-line this year will be run blocking, I think. I don't trust these guys to get much push up front, particularly on the right side of the line where inexperience will play a major role.

I'd bet on that
What makes you think the Dolphins will be so awful? Mediocre at 8-8 last year but this year's roster has a lot more talent. I think 9-7 or 10-6 is achievable.

Dragon

Banned
i watched the broadcast and the stadium looks incredible. i feel like if you never went to candlestick you just can't understand how much of a piece of shit it is. i would also pay to have my food delivered!

i wish i could order a portable bathroom delivery to take a pisser (don't care if its a guy or girl holding the cup). once the game starts and i sit down i dont leave my seat for fear of missing a play. although maybe at levi's it will be quicker to get in and out of the bathroom. candlestick was a nightmare

Yeah when I went to a Nats game in DC, I was amazed at being able to order a beer and have it delivered to your seat. Fucking incredible. Been so used to Fenway where I can't even fit my fat ass in the seat.

O-line was always Ireland's biggest issue when it came to drafting. Miss after miss besides Pouncey. You can't blame the current regime for the state of the o-line, Hickey has done just about everything in his power to improve it for this upcoming season. Signed Albert to a big deal, used a first and third round pick on a guaranteed starter and a potential starter, brought in some G's in free agency, etc.

Chances are the o-line will suck again this season but I don't think Tannehill will be sacked nearly as much for a few reasons. First of all, I think the line is a little better overall. Albert and James are massive, massive improvements over Martin/McKinnie and Clabo at OT. Second, and more importantly, Lazor's offense is going to be all about Tannehill getting rid of the ball quickly and on time. We've already seen that in Tannehill's limited time this preseason.

The bigger issue for the o-line this year will be run blocking, I think. I don't trust these guys to get much push up front, particularly on the right side of the line where inexperience will play a major role.

Thanks man. Gives me more insight. Do you think Tannehill has the ability to make these type of quick reads with consistency? I always felt when the Pats played him that his ability to run scared me moreso than anyone besides Charles Clay (mf!).

I'd bet on that

Fine if Jags have a better record then the dophins, gata wears an avatar of our choosing, he's the resident jags fan after all.

Texans roster everywhere but QB is better than the Dolphins, Bills and Jets.

BFF status gone.

But... :(
I would argue we could challenge on Defense, but for the most part yeah.

Yoga pants + airport people watching...it's a good day to travel

image.php

Giants changing things around on the offense today. Richburg taking first team reps at right guard. Split with Mosely. Manningham is taking first team WR reps along with Marcus Harris. As is Adrien Robinson. Oh and Corey Washington is getting first team reps as well after catching three game winning TD's thus far.

Whatever it takes to get this dumpster fire of an offense out of the shit heap at this point. Coughlin said he'll play the starters "well into the 4th game" of the preseason if he doesn't see progress.

Injury wise, Cooper Taylor looks like he's out for quite some time with a toe injury. He might end up on IR.

Prince has a groin strain but its not serious. Doubt he plays in the preseason moving forward.

Top Bottom