• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

Crisco

Banned
I'm convinced that the ghost of Steve Smith is what fucked up Roman Harper's toe. Dude will never play a snap as a Carolina Panther.

bionic77

How much money do locksmiths make?

You can save a ton of money taking your locks down to Home Depot and having them rekey each lock.

Also wondering how much contractors make. The range in prices for what they charge is insane.

manfestival

I bought my first pair of canvas sneakers the other day and im wearing them today. Man these shoes are pretty comfy. I never would have known!

ShaneB

Hey guys squall was wondering if we could move the draft back a week since he will be at the Cards game this Sunday. If anyone has any objection please post it in the Sif league thread. If not we will move it to 8/31 at 6pm edt.

Aw =( I was excited for it being this Sunday. Tell him to read the book 'Fantasy Life' for wacky stories of what people have done to not miss their draft! Dedication! I might be working next Sunday, but shouldn't be an issue by 6pm... I hope.

See he was a monster last year, but I just cannot see him exploding like he did, he is a very good bet but I'm just not sure...

Oh awesome well have a great time, I have played two years, the first year I won the sacko, and last year I won the whole thing it was awesome!

Fair enough about having doubts, I guess that is a byproduct of drafting players and hoping for the best! Very excited to try it out and see how much fun it is.

bionic77

Fuck. We are only 2 weeks from the season starting...

Should be a good game. I think I am most interested in seeing how they call the game when it counts.

JABEE

Fuck. We are only 2 weeks from the season starting...

Should be a good game. I think I am most interested in seeing how they call the game when it counts.

The Eagles are playing the Steelers tomorrow. Really looking forward to watching the game. The Eagles defense needs to show something tomorrow. Riley Cooper and Jeremy Maclin are supposed to be back from injury.

jmdajr

Chick fil a spicy chicken biscuits biiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!

Chick Fil A is pretty damned good.

Love their spicy chicken sandwich and waffle fries.

Also that franchise seems like a license to print money. I have never seen a Chick Fil A that was not absolutely bursting for lunch and dinner (other than on Sunday).

If I was rich I would love to own one of those as a franchise.

Secret best thing about Chik Fil A is the Chik'n Minis for breakfast.

But yeah, they are always full. We have 3 on our college campus so I eat it way too much.

There is no fast food establishment with more courteous employees. Every single one I've been to is like that. The best is to say thank you with every single thing they hand you because they will say my pleasure every time.

I'm pretty sure I could eat Chik-Fil-A every day and never get tired of it.

Everyone is always super friendly at a Chick Fil A.

We should get parents and schools to learn from on how to teach teenagers manners.

Chick Fila A is the best fast food place in existence.

bionic77

The Eagles are playing the Steelers tomorrow. Really looking forward to watching the game. The Eagles defense needs to show something tomorrow. Riley Cooper and Jeremy Maclin are supposed to be back from injury.
Its just preseason.

I can't really get too hyped for anything I see in preseason. I only watch preseason games to see if people are healthy and to see if any of the young guys look promising.

Fox318

x0gRf.jpg

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Damn. I wanted the Steelers to kick the shit out of JF8 in week one. Maybe they can hurt Hoyer to the point where Manziel has to play.

bionic77

chicken is my favorite, and I've never been to Chick fil A

I lose chicken cred
You lost all cred with that statement. Not just your chicken cred. You also lost your street cred, your football cred and your regular cred.

Damn. I wanted the Steelers to kick the shit out of JF8 in week one. Maybe they can hurt Hoyer to the point where Manziel has to play.
I also would like to see us dominate on both sides of the ball.

But I don't want to see johnny week 1. I hope they let him develop and we get him in his final form in game 2.

Fantasy Football draft Sunday for my league. Any good websites that have draft strategies for 10 team leagues? I've been using the WalterFootball Custom Top 250 thing and it's pretty cool.

I'm #7 in the draft. We snake and play a keeper league. Only weird thing is QB TDs count for 6 points like any other.

QB, WR, RB, TE, W/R, W/T, K, IDP, IDP, IDP

My Keepers: Giovani Bernard (Round 6), Alshon Jeffrey (Round 14 lol)

I'm thinking of drafting Graham or Johnson if they make it that far, then going for someone like Dez Bryant or one of the top three QBs in Round 2. Because of our 6 point TDs, top level QBs tend to really dominate, so I might end up going with one of the QBs in the first round then getting another WR in the second or Graham if he makes it there (he won't).

Thoughts?

PS. Go Colts! I'd do a write up for the Colts for the front page, but I'll have to make sure I can get enough content to compare to everyone else's.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Fantasy Football draft Sunday for my league. Any good websites that have draft strategies for 10 team leagues?

I'm #7 in the draft. We snake and play a keeper league. Only weird thing is QB TDs count for 6 points like any other.

I'm thinking of drafting Graham or Johnson if they make it that far, then going for someone like Dez Bryant or one of the top three QBs in Round 2. Because of our 6 point TDs, top level QBs tend to really dominate, so I might end up going with one of the QBs in the first round then getting another WR in the second or Graham if he makes it there (he won't).

Thoughts?

PS. Go Colts! I'd do a write up for the Colts for the front page, but I'll have to make sure I can get enough content to compare to everyone else's.

eznark will be along shortly to help you

Fantasy Football draft Sunday for my league. Any good websites that have draft strategies for 10 team leagues? I've been using the WalterFootball Custom Top 250 thing and it's pretty cool.

Thoughts?

Not sure how much help you'll get in here. But here's a fantasy football thread yankeehater in here made. They seem to be helping on general fantasy football questions. I just posted a question , repost this there

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=854941

eznark

Banned
If you can't get a top 3 fantasy QB in the first two round then you are better waiting until the later rounds and grabbing the 10th best guy. There is a huge drop off from 3-4 most years but then 4-10 are generally identical. Same with running backs. Focus on wide outs and tight end. That's where you will see the most marginal value and that's what you should be looking to do. You want to pick the last guy in the top tier at every position because in general the top 5 RB's are indistinguishable, the top 5 WR's, top 3 TE's, top 3 QB's, etc. If you get the third at each spot you're golden. That's why it's great to pick later in the drafts. Fist pick sucks ass because the value just isn't there until round 4 or so.

I haven't looked at the numbers this year but I have a feeling the top qb tier will be broader, something like 4-6 while the top TE and RB tiers will be significantly narrower, probably a huge break from second best to third-fifteenth.

JABEE

If you can't get a top 3 fantasy QB in the first two round then you are better waiting until the later rounds and grabbing the 10th best guy. There is a huge drop off from 3-4 most years but then 4-10 are generally identical. Same with running backs. Focus on wide outs and tight end. That's where you will see the most marginal value and that's what you should be looking to do. You want to pick the last guy in the top tier at every position because in general the top 5 RB's are indistinguishable, the top 5 WR's, top 3 TE's, top 3 QB's, etc. If you get the third at each spot you're golden. That's why it's great to pick later in the drafts. Fist pick sucks ass because the value just isn't there until round 4 or so.

I haven't looked at the numbers this year but I have a feeling the top qb tier will be broader, something like 4-6 while the top TE and RB tiers will be significantly narrower, probably a huge break from second best to third-fifteenth.

This is great advice.

When did you start giving out fantasy advice? I thought you hated fantasy football.

I don't mind FF talk that much until it gets too specific to someone's league. No one cares about your fantasy league except the people who are in it (and some of them probably don't even care).

I also hate when it dominates discussion during a game or during the regular season. FF should never be the dominant topic when it comes to football, it's like people obsessing over waifus in Fire Emblem.

MechDX

So EZ in reality is not an asshole?

Next thing you will tell me is FMT is not into scat and squicken is a life long fan of one team. Fuck this thread!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Didn't see anybody mention it yet but Mike Carey is against officiating games Washington plays in because of their team name and the league accommodates his request. He hadn't called any of their games since 2006 which is when he asked the league to stop putting him in any of their games.

I'm kind of shocked that folks in the league office would okay that.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Hey guys squall was wondering if we could move the draft back a week since he will be at the Cards game this Sunday. If anyone has any objection please post it in the Sif league thread. If not we will move it to 8/31 at 6pm edt.

Fine by me.

Also I forgot to mention this but I bought Chrono Trigger on PSN while Square had it on sale. Why was I not warned at how absolutely shitty this port of the Playstation version is? It literally takes at least 5 seconds to get into a battle and then out of a battle. Chrono Trigger is the one game I've played numerous times but just have not beaten for whatever reason. I was determined to beat it this time but this port is unplayable.

How in the hell did Square-Enix allow this to happen? I would give it away for free to one of you guys but I don't think I would want to torment you (unless someone from PackersGAF wants it).

BTW is there anyway to gift games on PSN like on Steam?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=126276686&postcount=41

I agree with him about Stafford, but I'm not going to like it if Freeman is banned from OT.

How can Stafford never be a good quarterback when he's already proven himself to be an elite QB (2011 season)? Explain that to me Snuggles.

If you can't get a top 3 fantasy QB in the first two round then you are better waiting until the later rounds and grabbing the 10th best guy. There is a huge drop off from 3-4 most years but then 4-10 are generally identical. Same with running backs. Focus on wide outs and tight end. That's where you will see the most marginal value and that's what you should be looking to do. You want to pick the last guy in the top tier at every position because in general the top 5 RB's are indistinguishable, the top 5 WR's, top 3 TE's, top 3 QB's, etc. If you get the third at each spot you're golden. That's why it's great to pick later in the drafts. First pick sucks ass because the value just isn't there until round 4 or so.

Are you thinking I should get one of those QBs in Round 1/2? They tend to go pretty quick at the end of the first round of our draft, historically. I see your advice on wideouts and tight end, but with getting Alshon Jeffrey so late, should I consider him one of my WRs and go for QB/TE instead? Or just pick best player available?

Last couple of years, I've had a shit QB fantasy wise and it has cost me. I kind of want to go the opposite way, but I don't want to be an idiot about it.

Great advice, btw. Really appreciate it.

I think eznark is secretly a nice guy. The snark is a cover for his sacred devotion to fantasy football.
ez has always been a cool dude. I loved seeing him in the Political threads, though I haven't seen him as much there.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Fine by me.

Also I forgot to mention this but I bought Chrono Trigger on PSN while Square had it on sale. Why was I not warned at how absolutely shitty this port of the Playstation version is? It literally takes at least 5 seconds to get into a battle and then out of a battle. Chrono Trigger is the one game I've played numerous times but just have not beaten for whatever reason. I was determined to beat it this time but this port is unplayable.

How in the hell did Square-Enix allow this to happen? I would give it away for free to one of you guys but I don't think I would want to torment you (unless someone from PackersGAF wants it).

It runs exactly how the PSX version ran, its just an ISO of the game. Loading time off CDs sucked and they weren't exactly optimized at that point.

And no theres no way to gift games through PSN.

bionic77

Fine by me.

How can Stafford never be a good quarterback when he's already proven himself to be an elite QB (2011 season)? Explain that to me Snuggles.
1. How could have never finished ChronoTrigger? You are a bum. Play the DS version today.
2. One decent season makes you elite now? Does that mean that Dante Culpepper is an elite qb now too?

eznark

Banned
Are you thinking I should get one of those QBs in Round 1/2? They tend to go pretty quick at the end of the first round of our draft, historically. I see your advice on wideouts and tight end, but with getting Alshon Jeffrey so late, should I consider him one of my WRs and go for QB/TE instead? Or just pick best player available?

Last couple of years, I've had a shit QB fantasy wise and it has cost me. I kind of want to go the opposite way, but I don't want to be an idiot about it.

Great advice, btw. Really appreciate it.

ez has always been a cool dude. I loved seeing him in the Political threads, though I haven't seen him as much there.

I've been over politics for years. National politics are worthless.

Every draft is different. Look at your board and pick whichever guy is farthest ahead of the 5th next guy at that position. Or 10th if you are super conservative.

I love fantasy football. I fucking despise "sure he's playing against my team but it need the points!!!" posts that shit up the thread.

Of course this thread is now mostly shit so whatever!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
It runs exactly how the PSX version ran, its just an ISO of the game. Loading time off CDs sucked and they weren't exactly optimized at that point.

And no theres no way to gift games through PSN.

I honestly felt robbed of my $5. At the very least I would give it to someone here if I could gift it.

I had a hard time deciding between Chrono Trigger, Front Mission 3 and FF9 (which I beat and is one of my all time fav games) and I picked Chrono Trigger. I guess I'll pick up the DS version at some point.

1. How could have never finished ChronoTrigger? You are a bum. Play the DS version today.
2. One decent season makes you elite now? Does that mean that Dante Culpepper is an elite qb now too?

1.) I honestly have no idea. I've started the game at least 3 times but something always came up whether through multiplayer gaming or other things. I already know its an amazing game from the 5 hours I went into it one time. You can just tell Square was at the top of there game.
2.) It wasn't decent it was an amazing season and he's been doing it for the last 3 seasons without any help really. Need I remind you for the millionth time he is still only 26 and took over the worst team in NFL history.

Top Bottom