• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

Fine by me.

Also I forgot to mention this but I bought Chrono Trigger on PSN while Square had it on sale. Why was I not warned at how absolutely shitty this port of the Playstation version is? It literally takes at least 5 seconds to get into a battle and then out of a battle. Chrono Trigger is the one game I've played numerous times but just have not beaten for whatever reason. I was determined to beat it this time but this port is unplayable.

How in the hell did Square-Enix allow this to happen? I would give it away for free to one of you guys but I don't think I would want to torment you (unless someone from PackersGAF wants it).

BTW is there anyway to gift games on PSN like on Steam?

How can Stafford never be a good quarterback when he's already proven himself to be an elite QB (2011 season)? Explain that to me Snuggles.
Nick Foles is the most elite QB ever if one season is all it takes.

JABEE

I've been over politics for years. National politics are worthless.

Every draft is different. Look at your board and pick whichever guy is farthest ahead of the 5th next guy at that position. Or 10th if you are super conservative.

I love fantasy football. I fucking despise "sure he's playing against my team but it need the points!!!" posts that shit up the thread.

Of course this thread is now mostly shit so whatever!

It's the offseason! We're trying!

bionic77

I honestly felt robbed of my $5. At the very least I would give it to someone here if I could gift it.

I had a hard time deciding between Chrono Trigger, Front Mission 3 and FF9 (which I beat and is one of my all time fav games) and I picked Chrono Trigger. I guess I'll pick up the DS version at some point.

1.) I honestly have no idea. I've started the game at least 3 times but something always came up whether through multiplayer gaming or other things. I already know its an amazing game from the 5 hours I went into it one time. You can just tell Square was at the top of there game.
2.) It wasn't decent it was an amazing season and he's been doing it for the last 3 seasons without any help really. Need I remind you for the millionth time he is still only 26 and took over the worst team in NFL history.
1. You are disgrace. CT takes maybe like 15-20 hours to fully complete the game via the first playthrough.
2. This is his 5th or 6th season. Experience is not an excuse any longer. He also has a ton of weapons on offense, that is not an excuse either. Worst team in NFL history? That didn't stop Drew Brees or Kurt Warner from kicking ass once they took over. And going by your posts the Lions have unlimited talent on both sides of the ball. You can't use that excuse and then tell us how great they are at the same time.

Again he only had one good season in his career. And I would guess that all of his stats probably have declined year over year since 2011.

Be interesting to see what excuse is for Fatford at the end of this season...

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
1. You are disgrace. CT takes maybe like 15-20 hours to fully complete the game via the first playthrough.
2. This is his 5th or 6th season. Experience is not an excuse any longer. He also has a ton of weapons on offense, that is not an excuse either. Worst team in NFL history? That didn't stop Drew Brees or Kurt Warner from kicking ass once they took over. And going by your posts the Lions have unlimited talent on both sides of the ball. You can't use that excuse and then tell us how great they are at the same time.

Again he only had one good season in his career. And I would guess that all of his stats probably have declined year over year since 2011.

I think the Kas cycle would show that the next step is to either throw the coach under the bus or claim that he's only had one year in the system and the next year, that will be the year. Mark his words.

Dragon

Banned
has it?

tell me how that new old Halo game is coming along!

ohhh-burn-o.gif

JABEE

Who is trying? Gata and noodle post crap all the time still. Football has been back for weeks and it is still an afterthought in this thread.

Let's talk about the Eagles game tomorrow. I'm most worried about the Eagles running back situation. The Eagles have some talented running backs, but they keep going down with injuries. Now Shady is saying he has a "small" turf toe issue. The Eagles need him to be effective this upcoming season.

I'm also worried about the Eagles' problems in pass coverage against the Patriots. If Marsh is really the guy who is second in line after Williams goes down we're in deep shit. Carroll hasn't even played a preseason game.

The Eagles QB play is the only thing I'm not worried about. They have looked pretty good these past two games despite Foles's rough start against the Bears.

What to watch:
The Eagles WR competition - Will Momah make the team? We haven't seen Brad Smith at all in the preseason.

Marcus Smith - Kelly and Davis need to see more out of him. He can't have another game with tackling issues. He's getting the reps, it's time for him to show what he can do.

2nd string LBs - when they get time, I want to see how they do against the run. They were having some big problems recognizing the run. They let Mallett waltz into the end zone on that broken play. Hopefully some of the young guys are more comfortable out there so that they can react to things on the fly.

Dragon

Banned
How is Gordon still not free yet? Gotta be Friday........

The suspension is for 365 days so if it somehow gets upheld, he'll be out almost the entire preseason NEXT year as well.

In IRC he said he quoted Wet Hot American Summer in some thread and it was taken out of context or something.

Yeah not surprised. I'm scared of a certain mod that starts with be and ends with sada. Guy is a shark!

bionic77

I think the Kas cycle would show that the next step is to either throw the coach under the bus or claim that he's only had one year in the system and the next year, that will be the year. Mark his words.
It was crazy how he was never willing to admit that Schwartz was a bad coach until he was fired.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Forbes values for NFL teams

http://www.forbes.com/nfl-valuations/

Top 5:

1) Cowboys
2) Patriots
3) Racists
4) Giants
5) Texans

I never understand why the Packers are even on these lists. It's like putting a value on the White House or something.

It was crazy how he was never willing to admit that Schwartz was a bad coach until he was fired.

Which is why I'm leaning towards him blaming the fact that he's only had one season in the system and will do better under GOAT Lombardi.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Fret not bionic the season starts soon and all this debate about Stafford will be put to rest. We've had many long discussions throughout this offseason about the eliteness of Matthew Stafford but we are 18 days away from Defending the Den on Monday Night Football.

MechDX

According to this the Lions lost 16 million dollars last year? How the fuck?

I've always wondered how kosher it is to say an ethnic or homophobic slur when you're quoting something else. Apparently on here it's no good at the least.

Too many trips to the Taco Bell drive through. Stafford has a team credit card

Let's talk about the Eagles game tomorrow. I'm most worried about the Eagles running back situation. The Eagles have some talented running backs, but they keep going down with injuries. Now Shady is saying he has a "small" turf toe issue. The Eagles need him to be effective this upcoming season.

Chip says he'll never play again. He might play tomorrow though.

I'm also worried about the Eagles' problems in pass coverage against the Patriots. If Marsh is really the guy who is second in line after Williams goes down we're in deep shit. Carroll hasn't even played a preseason game.

Marsh isn't even going to make the practice squad dude. Williams, Fletcher, Boykin, Carroll and maybe Watkins.

The Eagles QB play is the only thing I'm not worried about. They have looked pretty good these past two games despite Foles's rough start against the Bears.

What to watch:
The Eagles WR competition - Will Momah make the team? We haven't seen Brad Smith at all in the preseason.

Momah may make the team solely because given time he can be a good receiver.

Marcus Smith - Kelly and Davis need to see more out of him. He can't have another game with tackling issues. He's getting the reps, it's time for him to show what he can do.

This guy is a project and you shouldn't expect to see much out of him until next season.

2nd string LBs - when they get time, I want to see how they do against the run. They were having some big problems recognizing the run. They let Mallett waltz into the end zone on that broken play. Hopefully some of the young guys are more comfortable out there so that they can react to things on the fly.

Big problem here was containment and a blown coverage. I recall thinking they picked on Vinny Curry with this too on the run. Curry needs to contain better otherwise offenses are going to see him come in, expect a pass rush, and know they can just run around him.

Top Bottom