• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

bionic77

According to this the Lions lost 16 million dollars last year? How the fuck?
I thought it was impossible to lose money in the NFL.

Then again we also thought it was impossible for the Lions to give up the division last year when the Packers qb got hurt.

It was actually closer to $1.5B, which is crazy.
Makes you wonder how they arrived at their bullshit figures.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
10592933_10152594205363605_6916540633110835212_n.jpg

10624726_10152594660418605_5388814768866607850_n.jpg

10614388_10152594873003605_709867721726021751_n.jpg

*swoon*

Even though I like Fauria I wouldn't mind using him as trade bait midway through the season for a draft pick before the draft deadline. I could see a potential trade with the Patriots or another team if forbid an injury happens.

JABEE

Chip says he'll never play again. He might play tomorrow though.

Marsh isn't even going to make the practice squad dude. Williams, Fletcher, Boykin, Carroll and maybe Watkins.

Momah may make the team solely because given time he can be a good receiver.

This guy is a project and you shouldn't expect to see much out of him until next season.

Big problem here was containment and a blown coverage. I recall thinking they picked on Vinny Curry with this too on the run. Curry needs to contain better otherwise offenses are going to see him come in, expect a pass rush, and know they can just run around him.

My worry is that their depth at cornerback isn't very good. One or two injuries and you have Watkins starting at corner. I'm not sure he's ready. You're right that Marsh is gone. I hope Carmichael is gone too.

Overall, I still think the Eagles are going to be good this season. I'm just concerned about their secondary. It will also be interesting to see how games are called in September and how that will shift the competitive balance in the league. Will the certain kinds of corners importance be mitigated or will things go back to normal once the season starts.

Tamanon

Banned

I've always wondered how kosher it is to say an ethnic or homophobic slur when you're quoting something else. Apparently on here it's no good at the least.

Looks like they were the only team to lose money. Even weirder. Even the Jags made $56.9 million!

jakncoke

Banned
I thought it was impossible to lose money in the NFL.

Then again we also thought it was impossible for the Lions to give up the division last year when the Packers qb got hurt.

Makes you wonder how they arrived at their bullshit figures.

Maybe its just because Clippers are a shit franchise that so happen to be in the 2nd biggest media market that so happen to have been over spent by a billionaire. One has to wonder why he offered so much above previously perceived market value. Maybe he and his lawyers figured if they offered far and above the previously assumed value that the NBA and whatever would have no choice but to accept his bid or maybe I missed something where there was other bidders that drove his price up. Idk i really dont follow the nba much.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I was talking about the value of the White House.

Yeah I know I was being an ass because apparently eznark is a good guy now or whatever.

Like was mentioned earlier in the thread, Forbes vastly undervalued the Clippers. The reality is that you don't really know the value of something until it's available for sale. Since the Packers literally can not be sold, attaching a value is pointless. I get that there are small armies of asset valuation experts whose job is to determine the FMV for these things but NFL teams (professional sports teams for that matter) have a pretty small sample size of actual real sales to work with. So that Forbes article is really just a fun and theoretical valuation of teams to encourage readership.

Syrinx

I've always wondered how kosher it is to say an ethnic or homophobic slur when you're quoting something else. Apparently on here it's no good at the least.

You'd probably have to make it very clear that you're referencing something just to be safe.

But Chip says Alex Henery was kicking well at practice. Henery said his foot he kicked the ground.

I'm worried about Henery. At least he seemed to be getting touchbacks last Friday.
His accuracy beyond 40 yards is terrible. With all the problems in the playoffs if he hits a 47 harder the Eagles win. They had to bring in real competition but they did. Huge mistake by Chip and Howie.

Bowser

Anyone with an Insider sub on ESPN want to post what's said about Tannehill here? Thanks in advance!

2. Ryan Tannehill, QB, Miami Dolphins. Tannehill is not the safest choice for this list, but he's one of my favorites. Catastrophic offensive line problems and broader organizational issues have hurt him recently, but those issues have been resolved favorably for the time being. Bill Lazor's arrival as offensive coordinator from Philadelphia brings restored hope following Nick Foles' breakout season for the Eagles. Tannehill is in much better position to succeed in 2014. He has the talent to capitalize.

Basically nothing...lol

Skele7on

Banned
10592933_10152594205363605_6916540633110835212_n.jpg

10624726_10152594660418605_5388814768866607850_n.jpg

10614388_10152594873003605_709867721726021751_n.jpg

*swoon*

Even though I like Fauria I wouldn't mind using him as trade bait midway through the season for a draft pick before the draft deadline. I could see a potential trade with the Patriots or another team if forbid an injury happens.

Fauria is awesome, I wish he got more game time for the lions.

I really hope he also gets to play some at the London game so I can see him in action.

Overall lions preseason looks pretty good, Jim is doing a good job and I really look forward to an actually exciting season this year.

Megatron is always a beast though.

OMG I'm no longer a Junior member!....

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Sanjuro is gone for 3 months? Ugh now how will we coordinate our pats gaf meetups!?

Look, all I'm going to say on this is that Gata has a history of snitching and we know he was eyeing that top Pats fan position (even though he's clearly a Jags fan but that's another topic).

The hit went down in this thread and we know that the mods don't really read this thread. Except Wes but he's usually busy with soccer or being cool with cajun sleeping in jeans every night.

Bread

Banned
Look, all I'm going to say on this is that Gata has a history of snitching and we know he was eyeing that top Pats fan position (even though he's clearly a Jags fan but that's another topic).

The hit went down in this thread and we know that the mods don't really read this thread. Except Wes but he's usually busy with soccer or being cool with cajun sleeping in jeans every night.
Shit Gata is making his move. This is a bad time to he driving by Jacksonville...if you dont hear from me assume that he is responsible!

And that was in this thread so...

There are cracks in the fort.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t1.0-9/10592933_10152594205363605_6916540633110835212_n.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/10624726_10152594660418605_5388814768866607850_n.jpg[MG]

[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/10614388_10152594873003605_709867721726021751_n.jpg?oh=a7ac92d2a22178727bd06e8b6666a26f&oe=547D4EE7&__gda__=1417273936_2a63170d1dc8afc01640e33d0a9692fe[IMG]

*swoon*

Even though I like Fauria I wouldn't mind using him as trade bait midway through the season for a draft pick before the draft deadline. I could see a potential trade with the Patriots or another team if forbid an injury happens.[/QUOTE]

You don't want to face Gronk and Fauria in the Super Bowl!

Dragon

Banned
Real talk, the Patriots have a really good team this year. I am scared.

Hard to know what to expect from both sides of the ball with people coming back from injuries. If Gronk is healthy their offense should be fine. Otherwise Edelman will probably get 140 targets again which really isn't great.

Defensively, I've heard great things about Wilfork's recovery (haven't heard much about Mayo but I assume this is a good thing). I really don't know how they're going to set up their secondary, especially with Browner out for the first four games. The fact that 'old friend' Patrick Chung is getting 1st team snaps is kinda scaring me to be honest.

MechDX

Shit Gata is making his move. This is a bad time to he driving by Jacksonville...if you dont hear from me assume that he is responsible!

While driving down the highway stick your head out the window and yell "Fuck you Gata! You biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!"

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Fauria is awesome, I wish he got more game time for the lions.

I really hope he also gets to play some at the London game so I can see him in action.

Overall lions preseason looks pretty good, Jim is doing a good job and I really look forward to an actually exciting season this year.

Megatron is always a beast though.

OMG I'm no longer a Junior member!....

Skele7on are you a Lions fan?

Last year Fauria did not get as much playing time as he should've, mainly because he can't block, but there is no doubt he is a hell of a red zone target at 6'6.

Another great late round pickup by Martin Mayhew last year on top of getting Larry Warford in the 3rd round and LaAdrian Waddle (Undrafted rookie) who is our starting RT now.

bionic77

No QB though. Hopefully Revis is on the downward side of his career and maybe some of the other additions won't work out.
There was already a tweet or report that he couldn't cover anyone on the Eagles (I may be exaggerating a tad).

He is going to get exposed by anyone with a real qb.

Their defense still sucks and their offense is not going to be enough to carry them against good teams.

jakncoke

Banned
Sanjuro is gone for 3 months? Ugh now how will we coordinate our pats gaf meetups!?

He is always on irc, he was bitching at you and the others the other day for being dumbass chochas that dont have a irc client and keep it open. I agreed with him, dunno why you people find it so hard to idle on a irc client. THINK OF SNESFREAK HE NEEDS FRIENDS AND CHAT

Bread

Banned
They are going to be worse than last year
Lol how can you even say this after the off-season they've had. They picked up 2 starting quality corners, got wilfork and mayo back from injury, and picked up what could be a valuable impact player in Easley.

The offense hasn't changed much but if they can stay healthier than they were last year they are a much better team.

Dragon

Banned
He is always on irc, he was bitching at you and the others the other day for being dumbass chochas that dont have a irc client and keep it open. I agreed with him, dunno why you people find it so hard to idle on a irc client. THINK OF SNESFREAK HE NEEDS FRIENDS AND CHAT

Last time I was in IRC snesfreak just told me I was a piece of shit over and over again. If I wanted to hear that I'd just call up all the women I've dated over the years...

There was already a tweet or report that he couldn't cover anyone on the Eagles (I may be exaggerating a tad).

He is going to get exposed by anyone with a real qb.

Their defense still sucks and their offense is not going to be enough to carry them against good teams.
Yeah he couldn't cover Maclin in practice. I am worried that the Pats will have a D. Their O doesn't impress me at all.

Top Bottom