• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I honestly can't name a single Drake song.

Did he do that Sprite commercial that used to play before the trailers at a movie?

RBH

is this what you wanted?

IS THIS WHAT YOU WANTED?!

image.php

:)

Did he do that Sprite commercial that used to play before the trailers at a movie?

I don't know the name of the song, but I know two of his lyrics

"start from the bottom and now we here?" and "WE MADE IT NIGG*" or is it *Nigg* we made it?"

Or is that from the same song? The one with him dancing in the snow and shit.

The sprite commercial is the only link I can make to him, songwise.
Also, I think Eminem used his beat in a pretty sweet freestyle rap I heard years ago on Youtube. That's it for me aswell.

Tamanon

Banned
I think I've only heard part of that Started at the Bottom song. Not a fan. Only rap I listen to is Jurassic 5, Kanye, Jay Z, amd Childish Gambino.

ShaneB

Wanted to make that post and have it sink in a little and see all the replies before responding. Did not want a megapost with quoting everyone, but yeah, a big thanks to everyone who did reply!

I had sent PM's to a few people throughout the offseason, and plenty of discussions, so it's fun to finally get it out.

I can't help but love the underdogs really, and maybe in my heart I'm sort of that annoying multi-team guy, who can always find something to like when I watch any sports, trying to find a storyline to cling to. Probably why I seem to be able to watch hours and hours of pregame/postgame coverage. I love sports and love analysis and breakdown!

Anyways, yeah, the Chiefs!! It's just been feeling like a natural fit the more I thought about it.

Shane never felt comfortable hopping on board just as Seattle was reaching its goals. He wants to be with a team that has a ways to go and see it through.

Or he's just being a Leafs fan and can't handle victory.

Either way, it was nice having him and I approve of his decision.

Hito, you sum it up pretty well. You were very welcoming when I joined Seahawk-Gaf at the start of the season, so I thank you. It was fun to cheer along throughout the season and watch along with Seahawks-GAF, after it was all over, it just felt so ho-hum, never really deserved it, and over the offseason, I've been thinking well it just doesn't feel right to keep cheering for them when I feel like I want them to lose given they are a powerhouse of a team! Man I will miss watching Earl Thomas though. I will also miss Danny Kelly's wonderful Seahawks writings at Fieldgulls too.

And no, I am not a Leafs fan ;)

That tragic guy posts quit me a bit from time to time.

I think his name is tragic.

Tragicomedy yeah. He doesn't post here much in the offseason, but is definitely vocal during the season. He is a good friend of mine for sure, and he is away on a work trip, and I figured he would've done the Chiefs write up if he was available. Maybe I'll see if I can put something together with some research.

Shane is NFL-GAF's Darrelle Revis

He's a poster for hire

Quoting this Grover because it did make me laugh :) The wierd thing is now, if the Chiefs go on a magical run and win it all, will I be right back to square one again? It's all very confusing! I can think of a whole bunch of different outcomes that would be alright, and I guess that's just my nature of having been in a small town far away from anything without really having a "Canada's Team" in football.

I'm not even sure I know what I'm trying to say anymore, and I'm rambling :) I'll stop there for now. Maybe I just think about it too much.

cajunator

Banned
I fully respect that method of thinking Shane.
My team was an underdog for about 40 years then they got Brees and Payton.

Lol I miscalculated how long they sucked before Brees arrived. Its actually about 40.

jakncoke

Banned
Canadas team is either the Browns or Bills and you dont have to worry ever about being guilty about your team winning too much with them. Jump on them.

Lol I miscalculated how long they sucked before Brees arrived. Its actually about 40.

underdog is one thing, saints were basically the team that sucked on ron jeremy taint on a 112 degree day.

ShaneB

Yeah, it was fun to watch your Saints win their Super Bowl and the stories that went along with how much it mean to New Orleans.

I will offer American citizenship and all the Rolling Rock you can drink to join Steelers-gaf.

Not much of a beer drinker ;) So I will pass on that, but a dual citizenship would be handy!

Canadas team is either the Browns or Bills and you dont have to worry ever about being guilty about your team winning too much with them. Jump on them.

Both teams deserve some success. The Browns, well are the Browns and are the definition of suffering, and the Bills lost 4 Super Bowls in a row. I guess another definition of suffering. The thing with Football however, is how easy it is to stay tuned in with only 16 games a year, and while maybe I'm some multi-team guy in some ways I've made my choice
again
to join the Chiefs!

I made the dumb ass choice to start rooting for Cleveland sports over 10 years ago as a European with absolutely no connection to that city whatsoever.

That first title will taste that much sweeter, though.

ShaneB

I made the dumb ass choice to start rooting for Cleveland sports over 10 years ago as a European with absolutely no connection to that city whatsoever.

That's sports. The lowest of lows eventually... hopefully... lead to the highest of highs.

Shane doesn't know it yet, but he has signed a precontract to join PatsGAF in case the Chiefs win a Super Bowl.

Never! My Brother is a Pats fan. We need something to argue about.

cajunator

Banned

underdog is one thing, saints were basically the team that sucked on ron jeremy taint on a 112 degree day.

They were legendarily shitty for so long. It was bound to go the other way eventually.

ShaneB

Even better reason to be a Bills fan.

It'll be fun seeing Sammy Watkins highlights!

I can imagine some other 24year old kid saying that...49 years ago.

Imagine if you were a Chicago Cubs fan!

i2io0c25MRypD.jpg

One hopes.

Kave deserves happiness :(

Shane you don't have to feel guilty, stay with the hawks and just buy everyone shovel knight

I ain't made of money! I am tired of looking at the 60 dollars in my Steam wallet though.

Gobias

Banned

There are so many foreign Browns fans. Why would you actually choose to root for this team unless you were unfortunately born in this state? It takes a lot of self loathing to make that decision.

Godslay

Banned
Cody Latimer is going to be great. He'll be better than Decker, probably on DT's level. Fast, strong, and dynamic. He's doing good things in camp.

There are so many foreign Browns fans. Why would you actually choose to root for this team unless you were unfortunately born in this state? It takes a lot of self loathing to make that decision.

Well, for me it started with Lebron actually. I started to really get into the NBA but didn't have a team to root for. Since I never witnessed Jordan and read/heard about this kid coming up who could be as good as Jordan, I made the decision to follow him to whatever team would draft him. Soon after, I started reading up on Cleveland Sports history and just couldn't believe what they went through. Decided to stick with all the teams and get to know the other big sports aswell. Now, I couldn't imagine not watching any sort of Cleveland game. Fell in love with them.

And the fact that I don't have to live in Ohio is a nice bonus.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=863092.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mystery Giveaway -- MB-82FB294D2C4A0E7B - Taken by Dutch Patriot. 5 entrants total.
For all of the Squickens on this thread.

t1406768000z1.png

Top Bottom