• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

MechDX

Bt1UgBGCMAIFwyb.jpg:large

Damn

Spinluck

I haven't seen The Road movie, but I read the book. There are two "scenes" from the book that I cannot imagine made it into the movie. So awful I yelped when I read them and was shook for days.

e: Good luck with your lady friend, spin!

Thanks, it's a friend that my friends have been trying to set me up with for a while. We'll see how it goes.

Not as bad as you trying to cook though

giphy.gif

BigAT

I haven't seen The Road movie, but I read the book. There are two "scenes" from the book that I cannot imagine made it into the movie. So awful I yelped when I read them and was shook for days.

e: Good luck with your lady friend, spin!

I like McCarthy, but after watching The Road I can't even consider reading the book. I imagine it's got to be even worse than the movie.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=863092.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mystery Giveaway #2 -- MB-B40683E577967BCA - Taken by hawkshockey11. 9 entrants total.

t1406785400z1.png

JABEE

Is this mystery game just for this thread? Or are these going out to every community thread in OT?

Nevermind, looks like just this thread!

the road was a very entertaining movie. i don't remember anything particularly gruesome in the movie. it was a depressing movie for sure but nothing that made me sick to my stomach or anything. maybe i'll rewatch it, i think i saw it was on netflix

squicken

I like McCarthy, but after watching The Road I can't even consider reading the book. I imagine it's got to be even worse than the movie.

I was disappointed with The Counselor. I don't know whose fault that was but it just wasn't as good as it should have been

ShaneB

Speaking of movies, funniest line in Draft Day was from Jennifer Garner, talking about the SB rings, "it's funny, how in the manilest of sports, something so violent and masuline, the ultimate prize is a piece of jewelery".
KuGsj.gif

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=863092.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mystery Giveaway -- MB-61B6569E7B7BE753 - Taken by FrenchMovieTheme. 4 entrants total.
This is the type of game that Bread would like more than FTL or Rust also I'm not a Narc.

t1406786300z1.png

I wanted to kill myself after watching The Road.

Why?

You spend the whole movie seeing the world through Viggo's eyes as he's trying to teach his son not to trust anybody because everybody on the fact of the planet is evil.

The son spends the movie trying to convince the dad not to be a total dick all the time, like feeding the blind old dude and not leaving Omar to die naked and hungry.

Then, at the end when Viggo dies and you think that the kid is fucked, Guy Pearce turns up with his family and their pet dog to take care of the kid. The kid was right all along and there is some humanity left after all, squeeeeeeeeee.

Don't tell me that they could still be cannibals, Guy Pearce is far too nice to do that.

TL;DR: The Road actually has a happy ending.

Top Bottom