• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

MechDX

NFL-GAF's time has come. Like NBA-GAF or POP-GAF before it the thread has become a breeding ground for foolishness and nonsense. It is beyond saving and must be allowed to die. This is the most important function of the Moderators. It is one they've performed since GAF's been around. NFL-GAF... must be destroyed.

tom-and-cam.jpg

Tom teaching a young apprentice. He is just so giving!

rokkerkory

Spotrac @spotrac · 11m
Sammy Watkins' $12.8M signing bonus is $1.3M more than fellow #Bills WR Andre Reed earned in his 16 year career:

Amazing how much salary escalation has occurred in sports over the past 25-30 years.

crazy but damn NFL is like a 12B a year business now so players should get PAID

Wes

venison crêpe
NFL-GAF's time has come. Like NBA-GAF or POP-GAF before it the thread has become a breeding ground for foolishness and nonsense. It is beyond saving and must be allowed to die. This is the most important function of the Moderators. It is one they've performed since GAF's been around. NFL-GAF... must be destroyed.

Not until the Gordon decision comes out at least.

jakncoke

Banned
crazy but damn NFL is like a 12B a year business now so players should get PAID

Yep, just fascinating to see how rookies pretty much out earn entire careers from players that played in the early 90s. I know ive posted other salary info such as top earning players from early 90s basically would be equal to a fringe roster player now.

ShaneB

Funny stat time..

It's fitting the Kansas City Chiefs first game after the 2013 season will be against the Cincinnati Bengals in preseason action this Thursday. The Chiefs and Bengals combined to do something last year that no NFL teams have ever done before.

The Bengals release for the game on Thursday points out that the Chiefs and Bengals last year had the same:

Record (11-5)
Points scored (430)
Points allowed (305)

That is the first time in NFL history that has happened, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. Crazy, huh? Two other teams have combined for the same points scored and allowed, but not the record too.

ShaneB

It's location based! It's free in Dutchland (at least it was for a couple of seasons)

Yeah I know, hence the whole "get Gamepass for free!" last season, and IP switching and all that fun stuff. Would be nice if that works again, but after buying Gamepass last season, I'd rather just have the sub and not worry about it working from week to week.

Bread

Banned
dutch only a little more than a month away until my swans kick your blue asses!

do i really call them swans? thats so lame

This community is so damn insular! It's all inside jokes about the Browns, fake smileys poking fun at very real (and serious!) alcohol addictions, Floridians discovering all their teams are garbage and rooting for the most evil franchise in the league, discussion about attractive(?) boyish looking girls and girlish looking boys, JFF love/hate, and failure to recognize your Kansas City Chiefs as the most professionally run and admirable team in the National Football League.

Shut it down, Wes, shut it down.

dutch only a little more than a month away until my swans kick your blue asses!

do i really call them swans? thats so lame

Are you really going all the way with Swansea?

If so, you should know that their first match of the season in the league will involve them getting their asses kicked by GAAL and United.

This community is so damn insular! It's all inside jokes about the Browns, fake smileys poking fun at very real (and serious!) alcohol addictions, Floridians discovering all their teams are garbage and rooting for the most evil franchise in the league, discussion about attractive(?) boyish looking girls and girlish looking boys, JFF love/hate, and failure to recognize your Kansas City Chiefs as the most professionally run and admirable team in the National Football League.

Shut it down, Wes, shut it down.

Wow that might be the best description of Off-Season we've had. But the season is starting up. Rejoice! It's a new day!

Top Bottom