• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, you live in LA?

Just get In-N-Out!

635636085287833261-1449179007_my-first-time-at-in-n.jpg

In N Out can have long lines and also requires you to leave the house.

Mindlog

fOhP8DV.jpg

Clearing out the old shit to make room for the next chapter of Buccaneer history.
A) :jnc
B) Why did I even save this?
C) Nowhere to go but up! #SiegeTheDay*
fnhts1W.png

RBH

San Antonio’s mayor said Friday that her city is prepared to play host to the Raiders on an interim basis if the team opts to leave Oakland for Southern California and needs a place to play while a new stadium is built.

But at the same time, Mayor Ivy Taylor told the San Antonio News Express that while the city will remain open to NFL “conversations,” there are “some other things that may be more accessible and feasible in a shorter time frame like Major League Soccer and baseball.”

The Raiders, Rams and Chargers all have their sights set on a possible move to greater Los Angeles. This week at a special league meeting in Chicago, Rams owner Stan Kroenke presented his plan to build a stadium in Inglewood. In another presentation, former 49ers executive Carmen Policy presented a joint plan by the Raiders and Chargers to build a stadium they would share in Carson.

Policy said that “the Chargers and Raiders are committed to Los Angeles” and that the presentation went well.

Raiders owner Mark Davis had no comment on the latest comments out of San Antonio, though league sources said he is “beyond frustrated” with the city of Oakland’s efforts to keep the Raiders.

At an owners meeting held Tuesday to discuss Los Angeles relocation, NFL vice president Eric Grubman — the league’s point man for relocation to L.A. — told reporters, “There has been no viable proposal” from Oakland to the Raiders.

He added that while “nothing has been ruled out” regarding where a team or teams that move to L.A. might play temporarily, “we’re not in discussions with San Antonio.”

Developer Floyd Kephart had released a preliminary plan for a Coliseum City development at the current Oakland site, but the city thought so little of it they never passed it on to the Raiders.

The Raiders, Rams and Chargers are expected to know their fate by February. Meanwhile, speculation has started about where the teams would play while a stadium is being built in Los Angeles. Policy has said the proposed stadium the Raiders and Chargers would share wouldn’t be ready until the 2019 season.

The Raiders are committed to staying in Oakland only until the end of this season, having signed a one-year lease at the end of last year.

San Antonio began discussions with Davis about relocation last August. Since then, much of the speculation has centered on the Raiders playing at the Alamodome if they can’t find a temporary home in Los Angeles or choose to leave Oakland immediately. Several stadiums in L.A., including the Rose Bowl, have already ruled out hosting any NFL team on an interim basis.

In San Antonio, the thought of hosting the Raiders temporarily smacks of a been-there, done-that situation. In 2005 in the wake of Hurricane Katrina, the Saints moved their base of operations to San Antonio and played three “home” games at the Alamodome.

City officials touted that venture as a way of proving to the NFL that San Antonio was a viable NFL market. Taylor said hosting the Raiders would be a similar situation.

“I think it would give NFL fans here the experience of having a team here locally and it would further highlight the assets of San Antonio to the NFL,” Taylor said. “Should there be any expansion or other moves, it lets the NFL know San Antonio is a viable option.”

Former Mayor Henry Cisneros, who has spearheaded the city’s quest to land the Raiders, stressed that the team hasn’t ruled out permanent relocation to San Antonio, especially if their efforts to gain a new stadium in Oakland and Los Angeles fail.

“I believe we are still in the discussions for the Raiders moving here,” he said. “We know they are having difficulties in Oakland and the two-stadium situation in Los Angeles has many moving parts.”
http://www.sfgate.com/raiders/article/San-Antonio-willing-to-give-Raiders-temporary-home-6445477.php

Jarnet87

As reported. Brian Hoyer gets the start for the preseason opener. #Texans

Welp.....

Go Pack Go!

Can't wait to see bob tear him to shreds on hard knocks tuesday. 5 minutes of shredding the QBs, 1 minute of vince wearing a UM tee, and 49 minutes of JJ.

MechDX

Can't wait to see bob tear him to shreds on hard knocks tuesday. 5 minutes of shredding the QBs, 1 minute of vince wearing a UM tee, and 49 minutes of JJ.

Local radio station did an actual breakdown of JJ camera time on HK. He got slightly over ten total minutes of an hour

JABEE

I've got 2. I can send you one, only on loan though.

Once you feel comfortable with His Name on your back, and you can afford it you can buy a jersey and send the orange one back.
I will wear Tebow on my heart. Just as any other American should.

Well yeah, we have BLarry

I'd say "at least most of us hate Rice now", but even that wasn't immediate :[

Whoa, there's a big difference between Ray Lewis and Aaron Hernandez. The simplest being, Ray Lewis is innocent and Aaron Hernandez is guilty. More info the innocence of Ray Lewis, aka God's Linebacker:

Here are five common misconceptions about the murder case involving Ray Lewis:

1. Ray Lewis was involved in a murder. Ray Lewis was an eventual witness in a murder case. He was charged with the murder of Jacinth Baker and Richard Lollar along with his two companions Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting. The murder charges stemmed from a vicious fight in Atlanta streets following a Super Bowl Party in 2000. Eventually, the case ended with the defendants acquitted for reasons of self defense. In the eyes of the court, no murder took place.

2. Ray Lewis' friends went to jail to protect him. This is in a lot of blogs and opinion pieces. It's just not true. No one in this case went to jail.

3. Ray Lewis refused to testify against his friends in the murder trial. It's the opposite. Ray Lewis started the trial at the table with Oakley and Sweeting. He flipped, pleading down to an obstruction of justice charge in exchange for testimony. Lewis was the state's star witness. Some sources say the three men were no longer friends because of the alleged betrayal. Ironically, the only person to serve any sentence in this case at all was Lewis. Had he not flipped, he likely would have walked away with the same acquittal as the other defendants.

4. The murders were never solved. This is written a lot, along with something to the effect that no other suspects were ever arrested. It doesn't seem to be in dispute that Oakley and Sweeting killed Baker and Lollar. The jury found that it was self defense after only a few hours of deliberation.

5. Ray Lewis is a murderer. Ray wasn't involved in the fight that killed the two men. His companions were. Lewis wanted no part of the fight, but not for some moral or noble reason. He wanted to avoid the conflict because he was concerned it might hurt his NFL career. Throughout the process, Lewis seemed consumed with protecting his then burgeoning NFL superstar status. He made them promise silence in the limo afterward and lied to police the morning after. He flipped on his buddies to avoid scrutiny.

The most important being #4

The jury found that it was self defense after only a few hours of deliberation.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a terrible person and if you told me that Justin Tucker drowned kittens before every game to help him focus on kicking, I wouldn't have much negative to say about it.

Its a good thing you were sober this time but Ray is still bill cosby of shit persons as are browns fans just living their life

You, of course, are clearly not sober, or else perhaps you'd have read the post above about Ray.

Fuck, I'm at work, trying to actually do work, and all this Ray Lewis shit talk is like a beacon to me.

S9MbvQx.jpg

In that gif, he's celebrating winning his second Superbowl. As a Browns fan, I'm not surprised you were unaware of what was happening there.

Yes, the "second" one, after the first one was actually the Browns', but it's our pleasure for providing you with the foundation and Ozzie Newsome of the '01 SB champs.

I do and you can't stop me.

cajun would want us to squee.

fuck cajun

Whoa, there's a big difference between Ray Lewis and Aaron Hernandez. The simplest being, Ray Lewis is innocent and Aaron Hernandez is guilty. More info the innocence of Ray Lewis, aka God's Linebacker:

The most important being #4

Don't get me wrong, I'm a terrible person and if you told me that Justin Tucker drowned kittens before every game to help him focus on kicking, I wouldn't have much negative to say about it.

It's okay ultimately, in the end we must stand beside each other and, as Sinead O'Connor once said, "fight the real enemy" (conveniently also in the Northeast)

CMTkFiDUcAILkRu.png

jakncoke

Banned
How does one get a job that lets me be drunk every day?

a) willing to get up at 3 am to be at work by 4
b) get a cdl class b
c) willing to work in 95f, rain of all sorts and -30 f
d) have a shoulder and back that'll hold up

monday, wed, friday i work till 1030, tue and thurs i work till 9 maybe 930. get paid for 8 daily if i go past 1230 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom