• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insi...-sando-ranks-easiest-hardest-qb-schedules-nfl

Insider article from Sando. Premise of the article is which teams have the easiest schedules based upon where the opponents' QB fall in the QB tiers column published earlier this year.

A lot of it is intuitive. Tier 1 QBs had a 45% winning percentage vs Tier 2 QBs, 75% vs Tier 3, and 91% vs Tier 4

So five easiest:

1. New England Patriots (3.07): The Patriots play eight games against Tier 4 quarterbacks, tied with Tennessee and Miami for second-most in the league. New England does draw some of its tougher QB matchups on the road, however, including games against Luck, Tony Romo and Peyton Manning.

2. Indianapolis Colts (2.98): The Colts play a league-high nine games against Tier 4 quarterbacks (thank you, AFC South). Brady, Brees and Peyton Manning visit Indy.

3. Tennessee Titans (2.95): The Titans' season could hinge on whether rookie Marcus Mariota can quickly become more than a lower-caliber starter (voters placed him atop the fourth tier for now, typical treatment for an unproven player). The Titans face Brady, Luck and Brees on the road, where teams tend to lose anyway. They draw non-division games against Josh McCown and Matt Cassel.

4. New York Jets (2.93): The Jets, like Buffalo, play 11 games against teams with starters in the third or fourth tiers. Their rebuilt secondary should feast accordingly. The schedule also features games against lower-ranked quarterbacks with upper-level talent (Sam Bradford, Robert Griffin III and Derek Carr).

T-5. Miami Dolphins (2.89): See the pattern here? AFC East teams face AFC South teams in the scheduling rotation. Those divisions are hurting for quarterback talent beyond Brady and Luck. The home schedule averages 2.58, much tougher than on the road, where the Dolphins play the lowest-rated opposing quarterbacks on average (3.21). Brady, Luck, Romo, Joe Flacco and Eli Manning all visit Miami.

T-5. New York Giants (2.89): The question is whether the Giants' defense will be good enough to take advantage of 10 games against starters in the third or fourth tiers. Most of the tougher quarterback matchups are at home (Brady, Romo, Matt Ryan, Cam Newton).
1GeRSvL.jpg

Hardest

1. Minnesota Vikings (2.27): Nick Foles, Jay Cutler and Carr are the lowest-ranked quarterbacks on the schedule, and the cupcakes (relatively speaking) end there. The Vikings play five games against QBs who rank in the top eight -- Rodgers (twice), Peyton Manning, Philip Rivers and Russell Wilson -- and nine games against the top 12 passers from the project. That's not as daunting if Teddy Bridgewater plays as well as the Vikings think he can. However, only the Detroit Lions face tougher quarterbacks on the road this season.

2. Denver Broncos (2.31): The Broncos ranked sixth in defensive expected points added (EPA) last season. They should be at least as good on that side of the ball in 2015. Denver draws Roethlisberger, Brady and Rivers (twice) in the second half of the season. Will Peyton Manning be ready to win late-season shootouts if needed?

3. Detroit Lions (2.43): Manning and Carson Palmer are two aging veteran variables on the schedule for Detroit. The Lions face them in the first five weeks of the season, when both could still be fresh. Detroit also draws road games against Brees, Rivers and Wilson, plus its home-and-away matchups with Rodgers in the NFC North. Bridgewater's development within the division is another variable to watch.

4. San Francisco 49ers (2.44): The home schedule is tough: Rodgers, Wilson, Flacco, Ryan and Palmer all pay a visit to Levi's Stadium, where the 49ers were 4-4 last season.

5. Oakland Raiders (2.45): Having Peyton Manning and Rivers within the division makes life for Oakland tough enough, but Rodgers and Roethlisberger are also on the schedule. Oakland faces the Vikings in Week 10, which will be a chance to evaluate Carr and Bridgewater on the same field. Voters in the 2015 survey favored Carr consistently, although some were intrigued by what they've heard regarding Bridgewater's intangibles.

CndziGY.jpg

How are you enjoying Spartanbrug/training camp? Sounds like the Phins D-line is looking monstrous out there
I just left, only stuck around for an hour or so because parent life. I was mostly on the side watching the Dolphins offense and Panthers D. Saw a few nice runs and a pretty sweet Tannehill bootleg. Jordan Cameron came over near the fence at one point, dude is a monster. But this was the highlight:

20150820_094327.jpg

Bowser

Joe Person ‏@josephperson 8m8 minutes ago
Ted Ginn just runs right past Jamar Taylor, catches about an 80 yard pass from Newton.

Jonathan Jones ‏@jjones9 5m5 minutes ago
Ginn just beat every Dolphin, including the ones in the ocean, for a 60 yard TD. "It's over!" he shouts #PanthersTC

Save us Ted Ginn, you're our only hope.

gutshot

Otherwise, Smith is not pleased about being in Philadelphia.

"No," he said, when asked if he likes these joint practices. "I'd rather be at home. Today is my wife's birthday. I'm not at home, I'm over here doing this bullsh***, and I'm missing my wife's birthday. I'd rather be at home singing happy birthday to my wife. Instead I'm out here getting questions to assess a rookie corner."

Smith apparently told Rowe, "I saw it in your eyes, you about to shit yourself," but obviously Rowe did just fine.

"He made a play, I think," said a disgruntled Smith afterwards when asked about the rookie. "You can write whatever you want. You're going to find out on Saturday."

Steve Smith is the best.

Line_HTX

Good morning, you pieces of shit.

“To be honest with you, this has been my favorite and maybe my best camp." - Brian Cushing

MORE --> http://bit.ly/1JlbDZV

Physically, Cushing has practiced in OTAs and all of the training camp practices. Mentally, it’s his second year with linebackers coach Mike Vrabel, who keeps the position group sharp.

“You got to be on your toes the entire meeting,” Cushing said. “I think it’s good, there’s no days off and no one is too laid back in our meetings and he’s kind of an on edge kind of coach, but it makes us sharper, it makes us mentally quicker, and it puts us in on-field situations just even in the meeting room, so I think it’s benefitted us all really well.”

Goof ol' PFT stirring the pot.

Peyton Manning thinks the Patriots are cheaters too.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...feared-patriots-bugging-visitors-locker-room/

That’s the word from former Colts coach Tony Dungy, who said on the Dan Patrick Show that when the Colts were playing in New England, Manning would leave the visitors’ locker room and go into an adjacent hallway when he wanted to discuss specific plays the Colts were going to run because Manning feared the locker room was bugged. Dungy said he doesn’t know if the Patriots’ locker room really was bugged, but he did confirm that a 2010 Peter King report about Manning’s concerns was accurate.

Bowser

Damn. Pray For Bowser
s crotch

The Funch hammy injury was already known yesterday, not too concerned about that. Being held out for precautionary reasons and should be back practicing by early next week. It sucks because he's a rookie and needs all the reps he can get (now more than ever), but will be good to see some of the other bottom of the chart guys get meaningful reps on Saturday.

This is a legit quote

Green Bay Packers
‏@packers

McCarthy: John Kuhn is smart, has a lot of grit. Fundamentally sound in what he's asked to do. A real student of the game. A real pro's pro.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
This is a legit quote

Green Bay Packers
‏@packers

McCarthy: John Kuhn is smart, has a lot of grit. Fundamentally sound in what he's asked to do. A real student of the game. A real pro's pro.

He forgot "lunch pale kind of guy" and "high motor guy" otherwise he would have had every stereotype to describe a white player.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
This is a legit quote

Green Bay Packers
‏@packers

Those are some of the most generic compliments you can give someone and apply to 99% of all players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom