• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Depends on the person. I get walking cane shits.

image.php

:jnc

bionic77

Metamucil is overpriced garbage.

Just buy the regular psyllium fiber.

If you get gas you are taking too much. You have to work it in your diet fairly slowly.

Once you do though smooth sailing.
What is the point of metamucil?

Is it for people who can't afford salad or is it a turbo for your intestine when salad is not enough?

I guess I need to google this shit. I thought it was only for old people whose colons and intestines had died before the rest of them.

Sanjuro

Is it for people who can't afford salad or is it a turbo for your intestine when salad is not enough?

I guess I need to google this shit. I thought it was only for old people whose colons and intestines had died before the rest of them.

I don't take it regularly. I take it in the morning once in a blue moon if I've been eating shitty for a while, etc.

bionic77

I don't take it regularly. I take it in the morning once in a blue moon if I've been eating shitty for a while, etc.
Eat some greens brah. They will do you good.

I just read up on Metamucil. Straight from wiki, so you know that least half of this shit is 100% true:

Health benefits
Fiber supplements such as Metamucil supplement the dietary fiber provided by food sources.[2] A study reported in 2014 showed very modest benefit in Irritable Bowel Syndrome. 7 people would need to be treated for 1 person to benefit. Author=Moayyadi P et al, Am J of Gastroenterology, Sept 2014. It is also reported to give cleaner feces, allowing for use of less toilet paper.

Potential side effects
Since Psyllium husk-containing products, such as Metamucil, are sometimes used as a source of dietary fiber, the intake of dietary fiber could hinder the absorption of vitamins, minerals, and proteins.[3][not in citation given] Dietary fiber helps the gastrointestinal tract absorb excess water and remove food wastes, but an excessively high intake of dietary fiber will also negatively affect the absorption process in the intestinal tract. Taking a fiber supplement can decrease the absorption of minerals by decreasing the transit time, lowering the concentration of minerals by accumulating more fecal matter, and can also cause the minerals to become trapped in the faeces, leaving the body without absorption.[citation needed] This could affect individuals who may not be meeting, or barely attaining, their body's mineral or nutrient needs.[4] Psyllium fiber has been shown in studies to lower blood cholesterol and glucose levels while another common fiber, methylcellulose, has not shown these benefits.

Important takeaways. So for idiots who don't salad or get enough fiber in their diet this shit will help you get cleaner poo. A plumbers worst nightmare.

On the negative it seems to make you shit out all of the good nutrients that you probably were not getting enough of anyways since you went to the fiber supplement option.

Godslay

Banned
Citrucel. Same shit, different pushes.

I just get the straight psyllium fiber. Metamucil and citrucel have extra ingredients such as food coloring, sugars, and artificial sweetners.

Not that those are bad necessarily, just no point in taking that in when you can get it without. Tastes like shit either way.

Just keeps things flowing. Also good for blood sugar control and heart health.

Gobias

Banned
I couldn't watch the game again. Looking at the stats it looked like McCown tore it up.

Was there any positives or hope? Don't lie to me

Godslay

Banned

I just read up on Metamucil. Straight from wiki, so you know that least half of this shit is 100% true:

Important takeaways. So for idiots who don't salad or get enough fiber in their diet this shit will help you get cleaner poo. A plumbers worst nightmare.

On the negative it seems to make you shit out all of the good nutrients that you probably were not getting enough of anyways since you went to the fiber supplement option.

Key is to take it a little while after a meal. Not with the food. It's more of a clean up crew, than the main party.

Sanjuro

Oh, yeah. I don't suggest it regularly unless you are on your deathbed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom