• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Tyrod is our starting QB. I don't think anybody who watched that game could say otherwise. He made some really tough throws and has excellent vision. He's got a bit of a slow release, but so does Manuel and Cassel. Our backup situation is iffy. Do we go with Manuel, who could have upside? The two minute drill (though against a bunch of future car salesmen) was perfect. He may have the tools to succeed. Honestly, I'm not a fan of the guy as a starter, but I think he's a fine backup.

But Cassel, past his prime though he may be, is still a good enough game manager. He won't be able to put the team on its back and pull out a miracle win, but he can at least not lose us the game.

Either way, Taylor is an exciting prospect. I legit think he could be a top QB.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
FX6wu30.png

The casual NFL fan has no idea what they're talking about for the most part. They'll watch an ESPN highlight or one Monday Night game and come to a conclusion.

I've had plenty a debate back in the day about Mark Sanchez being a better QB than Stafford, when Stafford sat out the first two years, or how Colin Kaepernick was going to torch the league.

They bought Kaep and Sanchez jerseys in droves, watched their Monday Night games and listened to ESPN commentary about them. Where are those #6 and #7 jerseys now?

Throughout it all I've always maintained Stafford is a special QB with abilities and traits that can't be taught.

Now it's Matthew Stafford coming off of an 11-5 playoff season with 6 nationally televised games.

We all troll and bullshit here and there but if you honestly deny Matthew Staffords ability and potential to lead a Super Bowl team you:

A.) Haven't watched him play and don't understand the game of football

B.) Are a Green Bay Packers fans in denial that there is now a force to be reckoned with.

I'd go with B looking at the polls, considering the size of the Green Bay fan base and how many of them are band wagoners.

MechDX

You know @DetroitLions never did get my #AskALion question answered.

"Why does Matt Stafford look like Chunk from the goonies?"

No one has thought Sanchez has been good since he's played in the NFL.

Kaepernick would either still be on the bench or on another team if Alex Smith never got hurt. Outside of him playing Green Bay, he's been slightly above average (if that) at best. Neither him or Sanchez has had a WR remotely close to Megatron.

But if you're basing your comparison on looks then good job.

Personally I'd be the 18%.

The casual NFL fan has no idea what they're talking about for the most part. They'll watch an ESPN highlight or one Monday Night game and come to a conclusion.

I've had plenty a debate back in the day about Mark Sanchez being a better QB than Stafford, when Stafford sat out the first two years, or how Colin Kaepernick was going to torch the league.

They bought Kaep and Sanchez jerseys in droves, watched their Monday Night games and listened to ESPN commentary about them. Where are those #6 and #7 jerseys now?

Throughout it all I've always maintained Stafford is a special QB with abilities and traits that can't be taught.

Now it's Matthew Stafford coming off of an 11-5 playoff season with 6 nationally televised games.

We all troll and bullshit here and there but if you honestly deny Matthew Staffords ability and potential to lead a Super Bowl team you:

A.) Haven't watched him play and don't understand the game of football

B.) Are a Green Bay Packers fans in denial that there is now a force to be reckoned with.

I'd go with B looking at the polls, considering the size of the Green Bay fan base and how many of them are band wagoners.

http://www.nflshop.com/pages/Top_Selling_Jerseys

kap is still the #4 selling jersey in the league you dumb motherfucker!

p.s. how many playoff wins does stafford have?

Doomsayer

No one has thought Sanchez has been good since he's played in the NFL.

Kaepernick would either still be on the bench or on another team if Alex Smith never got hurt. Outside of him playing Green Bay, he's been slightly above average (if that) at best. Neither him or Sanchez has had a WR remotely close to Megatron.

But if you're basing your comparison on looks then good job.

Personally I'd be the 18%.

Kap was Harbaughs guy, no way he doesn't eventually see the field. His run to the SB pretty much marred his deficiencies. They all came to fruition the next year though when we only had Boldin/VD while Crabs tore his achilles. Last year they tried to adapt him to being a pocket passer with a bunch of quick passes that DB's would just sit on. It was maddening.

I think this year he SHOULD regain some of his form from 2012 and 2013 (to a lesser extent).

We still won't win many games though.

Regular season stats mean shit and the playoffs are what counts. Stafford is 0-2 in the playoffs.

You're right, they're actually paying him because they want passing statistic records.

who gives a shit about playoff wins? what have playoff wins ever done for anyone? remember that one time in a regular season game where the lions were losing against the browns and then stafford got hurt but he wouldn't come out of the game and then he scored the game winning touchdown? that will always be remembered as one of the greatest moments in human history.

do you remember who won the superbowl that year or any other year? can you name even one playoff winning team from the past 15 years? no, but you bet your bottom dollar that you remember matt stafford beating the browns in the waning seconds of that titanic clash between the lions and browns

who gives a shit about playoff wins? what have playoff wins ever done for anyone? remember that one time in a regular season game where the lions were losing against the browns and then stafford got hurt but he wouldn't come out of the game and then he scored the game winning touchdown? that will always be remembered as one of the greatest moments in human history.

do you remember who won the superbowl that year or any other year? can you name even one playoff winning team from the past 15 years? no, but you bet your bottom dollar that you remember matt stafford beating the browns in the waning seconds of that titanic clash between the lions and browns

dhMeAzK.gif

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
You're right, they're actually paying him because they want passing statistic records.

I'm not even defending Stafford or anything, but whining about playoff wins as some metric for one player's success on a team of 53 is the shit people who get all their NFL knowledge from Madden and Kornheiser do. The offseason is over. We should probably pretend like we actually watch the occasional game of football now and then.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

A 49er and Seahawk collaboration to try to break down Matthew Staffords accomplishments.

We've got Seahawks fans cosigning 49er fans posts about Matthew Stafford.

You're both scared and somehow found each other for comfort.

The NFC West is garbage. The Junior Varsity of the NFC.

Restore the Roar

:jnc at Kas first calling out other people for being casual fans and then going into Off-Topic and getting salty about the fucking Ottoman Empire so he has an excuse to be Islamaphobic.

Great start to the day.

come watch some REAL football in madden 16! 49ers vs. pats! time4payback vs. bread!

www.twitch.tv/frenchmovietheme

fmt vs breadstream rematch!
http://www.twitch.tv/frenchmovietheme
this game will be more interesting then any of the shit on tv

Will look at the archive broadcast now, defensive backs better be able to cover now.

Tom Penny

image.php

Godslay

Banned
Had a nightmare that the Pats never cheated and all those post season wins and SB were legitimate.

I woke up terrified, but once I realized that it was all just a dream my mind became tranquil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom