• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Chiefs have looked like I thought they would: strong defensively, a nightmare of an offense.

Even when this o-line is healthy, it's going to be average at best, which is the last thing an already tentative and skittish Alex Smith needs.

I've also seen enough of Knile Davis, the definition of JAG. Let Charcandrick West get these reps.

Adam Beasley @AdamHBeasley
How good was the D-Line this week? I'm told CAR asked MIA to throttle down pass rush so Panthers could run offense.

RIP Cam

(And maybe all other QBs the Dolphins play this year)

Quikies83

The Chiefs have looked like I thought they would: strong defensively, a nightmare of an offense.

Even when this o-line is healthy, it's going to be average at best, which is the last thing an already tentative and skittish Alex Smith needs.

I've also seen enough of Knile Davis, the definition of JAG. Let Charcandrick West get these reps.
Agree with all this.
Oh.. A TD to a WR.

Godslay

Banned
Slay, Chiefs defense looking good. I am impressed.

They've had a good team the last couple of years.

Defense has always been solid.

Problem lies in the fact that their offense is terribly inconsistent and that leaves the defense out too long. Can't really win consistently like that.

Poe is also gone iirc, so the core of their defense will lose a step against the run and will lose some interior pressure. He was really getting good too.

Quikies83

They've had a good team the last couple of years.

Defense has always been solid.

Problem lies in the fact that their offense is terribly inconsistent and that leaves the defense out too long. Can't really win consistently like that.

Poe is also gone iirc, so the core of their defense will lose a step against the run and will lose some interior pressure. He was really getting good too.
That's correct.
And Poe is said to be out the first 6 weeks - his surgery was successful and he is healing. We are absolutely going to suffer during his absence. Have you seen our first 6 games?

Afrikan

Aleks was doing so well..

but seriously, the crowd seems like they were waiting for Alex to fuck up or something.. Booing like crazy. It's preseason.

squicken

Aleks was doing so well..

but seriously, the crowd seems like they were waiting for Alex to fuck up or something.. Booing like crazy. It's preseason.

The whole "no WR TDs" and his Captain Checkdown rep make him hard to love. He's not inspiring and you never know when he'll turn into Matt Schaub

Godslay

Banned
That's correct.
And Poe is said to be out the first 6 weeks - his surgery was successful and he is healing. We are absolutely going to suffer during his absence. Have you seen our first 6 games?

First 6 games look split.

Tough games:
DEN
GB

Could go either way:
CIN
HOU
MIN

Most likely a win:
CHI

I think DEN is tough and also an away game. I think a game in KC would be winnable for you guys. They've been closer recently.

How has jimmer Graham looked with the Hawk? Haven't a chance to catch any games, really just curious how this trade might affect his production

Every time Alex throws an INT, they mention his low INT numbers, but fail to mention the numerous plays and points he leaves on the field.

I hated the trade when it happened, but I also advocated drafting Geno Smith, so what do I know?

Regardless, Chiefs fans are stuck with him. That's why I'd much rather see Aaron Murray get these preseason reps instead of Daniel. Daniel is nothing special, at least see what Murray can do with 2nd stringers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom