• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Banned
Today I saw an itasha car in Delaware on my way back from the beach. It's like if Cajun (rip) were into cars. I googled it and the dude is also an Eagles fan. This earth is weird.

CMigrsgWgAAxnpY.jpg

@bigg05: A friend from college went to an Eagles game and found this in the parking lot

https://twitter.com/bigg05/status/632932421697208320

Tamanon

Banned
Dude I work with has a Gundam stencil covering his entire back windshield on his shitty car. Even has "Epyon" ( A gundam name I think) as his license plate.

Dude's fucking weird not even counting that stuff. Dresses up as a pokemon at conventions. :/

Godslay

Banned
Don't expect JJ or wilfork to play. Just a buzz from local media FYI

Hmmm, I read they were going?

I was looking forward to it. At least in terms of being a measuring stick of sorts to see where this OL really is.

I'll be disappointed if they don't play.

Hunter S.

querkle-159l.jpg

Querkle myself. No hangover. lol

Hoping Ty Sambrailo gets the offside calls under control this time. He had 2 at least last time in the limited time he played.

It would also be nice to have Bruton do better on returns because we had nothing special going there last year.

MechDX

Well that should make for some good Hard Knocks material once the Broncos blowout the Texans and Bob just goes off on his team's performance.

So he will actually hold them accountable? Cool.No tapping the podium and saying "it's all on me"

Enjoy your preseason win. You should hang a banner

Godslay

Banned
querkle-159l.jpg

Querkle myself. No hangover. lol

Hoping Ty Sambrailo gets the offside calls under control this time. He had 2 at least last time in the limited time he played.

It would also be nice to have Bruton do better on returns because we had nothing special going there last year.

Nice.

I read that Ty lost the silent count last game. Jumped too soon. Rookies gonna do rookie things.

I also expect ST to play better.

I wonder if Houston will boo Kubes.

Godslay

Banned
So he will actually hold them accountable? Cool.No tapping the podium and saying "it's all on me"

Enjoy your preseason win. You should hang a banner

I'll hang a banner in my house if Kubes wins tonight.

It will say Fuck You Houston.

jk, it will say Fuck You Mech

jk I won't do any of the above

Hunter S.

Nice.

I read that Ty lost the silent count last game. Jumped too soon. Rookies gonna do rookie things.

I also expect ST to play better.

I wonder if Houston will boo Kubes.

Gary really was not given a good team in Houston (as you know). Almost as bad as having to take the Raiders HC job. But as they say, "Don't mess with Texas." So, they probably will boo the Houston native.

MechDX

I'll hang a banner in my house if Kubes wins tonight.

It will say Fuck You Houston.

jk, it will say Fuck You Mech

jk I won't do any of the above
If Denver wins I get a Kubes haircut. If the Texans win you punch yourself in the chin until you get a BOB chin.

Gary really was not given a good team in Houston (as you know). Almost as bad as having to take the Raiders HC job. But as they say, "Don't mess with Texas." So, they probably will boo the Houston native.

Get the fuck out of here with that. It is well known Kubiak had full roster control, final say on the roster and included who got contract extensions. If he had a shitty team as you say it was, then it was all on him

Godslay

Banned

Yeah, it will be interesting.

He is from Houston, but his hometown in terms of football is Denver.

I'm sure the good people of Houston won't welcome him with fanfare, but will be nice enough to not boo.

Godslay

Banned
If Denver wins I get a Kubes haircut. If the Texans win you punch yourself in the chin until you get a BOB chin.

Get the fuck out of here with that. It is well known Kubiak had full roster control, final say on the roster and included who got contract extensions. If he had a shitty team as you say it was, then it was all on him

Deal.

The full roster control thing is wrong though. McNair said so himself.

Hunter S.

I said he was given a shitty team. He did take you jolly, good fellows to two divisional games in 2012 and 2011. 2-2 record in the playoffs.

Is Broncos-Texans the new Hawks-Niners?
lulz
Mech was shitting on Kubiak even before the Broncos hired him, and constantly laughing at the prospect that he would Coach in Denver. I blame Texas for that outrage.

Godslay

Banned
Show me some linkage. It is well known down here he had full say on the roster just like O'Brien does now.

Hell he was the one who said no to Peyton coming here

Here you go, it's not all on Kubes they all share the blame:

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/01/03/texans-owner-clarifies-who-calls-the-shots/

On Friday Texans owner Bob McNair offered an inside look at how the Texans power structure works.

“(Rick Smith) has the final say (on the draft) just as the coach has the final say on the roster but it’s in collaboration,” McNair said. “If there’s a dispute, they come to me.”
The most pressing decision will come in May when the Texans will have the number one overall pick for the third time in franchise history.

“If you give (O’Brien) something he doesn’t want, he’s not going to play him. They’re going to sit on the bench,” McNair said. “We don’t have a winning organization doing that.”

The division of power between coach and general manager sounds similar to the way things were done under Gary Kubiak. Both he and Rick Smith would work together and if they disagreed, then McNair would get involved.

“(O’Brien) will be heavily involved as will all of our coaches. We’ve always done that,” Texans general manager Rick Smith said. “That’s traditionally the way we approach the draft.”

MechDX

I don't have an issue with Kubiak as a person or as an OC. He seems like the kind of guy you borrow a weed eater from and when you never return it doesn't say anything

Gary is just stubborn, predictable and loyal to a fault. As long as someone has those things in check over him he will be fine

Slay "sounds Like". Many reports from insiders here say the exact opposite and were saying that for years here.

Godslay

Banned
I don't have an issue with Kubiak as a person or as an OC. He seems like the kind of guy you borrow a weed eater from and when you never return it doesn't say anything

Gary is just stubborn, predictable and loyal to a fault. As long as someone has those things in check over him he will be fine

It's fine.

We love him, you don't.

Break ups happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom