• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakncoke

Banned
Bud draft and Jameson. Not much left here anymore. The are closing at the end of the month and have a benefit for one of the bartenders who had their house touched beforehand.

They have some Pumpkin beer on draft, but that is gross.

Nothing of interest here really.

that never stopped konka underachiever

Godslay

Banned
Can't score when you back yourself up.

No rhythm in these offenses.

When Manning is in, it looks like Manning's offense.

When Brock is in, it looks like Kube's offense.

FUCKING PENALTIES!!!

Godslay

Banned
I'm just going to address the elephant in the room.

Now obviously Brock is facing the 2s and 3s, but the playbook he's running is quite a bit different than Manning's.

I don't know if they are letting Manning run what he's used to, or if he doesn't have the skillset (boots, pa deep ball, sideline tosses) to run it anymore. It's easy to see the difference though.

That doesn't mean I want Manning to sit, but when Manning is out there it would be nice to actually see some of the Kubes offense mixed in.

Now obviously Brock is facing the 2s and 3s, but the playbook he's running is quite a bit different than Manning's.

I don't know if they are letting Manning run what he's used to, or if he doesn't have the skillset (boots, pa deep ball, sideline tosses) to run it anymore. It's easy to see the difference though.

That doesn't mean I want Manning to sit, but when Manning is out there it would be nice to actually see some of the Kubes offense mixed in.
A huge part of Peyton's ability (especially at this stage in his career with his arm falling off) is his feel for offensive playcalling and mastery of that old Colts offense. I think letting him do his thing is the correct choice.

Harper is this year's Tyms

Isn't Peyton's thing is having full control of the offensive playcalls?

TheFatOne

A huge part of Peyton's ability (especially at this stage in his career with his arm falling off) is his feel for offensive playcalling and mastery of that old Colts offense. I think letting him do his thing is the correct choice.

I disagree with this. Teams are going to play him 15-10 yards in with both safeties cheating. At some point Manning is going to have to adapt and change what he is used to. His arm deteriorated quickly last season, and it's time for him to finally change the way he plays. He can't play like he used to anymore. He clearly no longer has the same skill.

squicken

Well the off-season narrative was that Peyton would run Kubiak's offense, and benefit from the Denver offense the way Elway did under Shanahan

Godslay

Banned

Should be a hybrid imo.

While I love what Manning does, it's somewhat predictable at this point. Maybe they are going straight vanilla, but even the run game looks entirely different when Brock is in.

It feels like where they left off in the Colts game. Stagnant. I'll give it a chance as it's only preseason, but I'd like to see some new things.

I disagree with this. Teams are going to play him 15-10 yards in with both safeties cheating. At some point Manning is going to have to adapt and change what he is used to. His arm deteriorated quickly last season, and it's time for him to finally change the way he plays. He can't play like he used to anymore. He clearly no longer has the same skill.
Well the off-season narrative was that Peyton would run Kubiak's offense, and benefit from the Denver offense the way Elway did under Shanahan
His leg was fucked last year. I think he'll look more like 2013 Peyton than 2014 Peyton.

In the off-season feel good context, "run Kubiak's offense" might just be code for "run the ball more".

But: if I'm wrong, and the best he can do is game manage... they aren't going to be able to do a damn thing with him behind center, and it's probably time for him to retire.

e: Slay, I wouldn't read too much into preseason playcalling either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom