• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFatOne

His leg was fucked last year. I think he'll look more like 2013 Peyton than 2014 Peyton.

But: if I'm wrong, and the best he can do is game manage... they aren't going to be able to do a damn thing with him behind center, and it's probably time for him to retire.

Even if his arm is fucked and he has to be more of a game manager it does not mean the Broncos can't be successful. They just have to manage how many times he's throwing. He can't sit back and throw 50 times a game anymore, and by now good teams have already figured out how to play his offense a long time ago. Broncos can still be very successful if they have a good running game. They don't need a Seahawks type of running game, but a good solid running game will do wonders for Manning. That is of course if he checks his ego, and actually runs the ball/trusts his offensive coordinator.

Godslay

Banned
Isn't Peyton's thing is having full control of the offensive playcalls?

Depends.

With Gase, he would still get calls piped in. He had the ability to change them. They say Kubes will make the playcalls in this offense and Manning has the ability to change them at the line to some degree, how much I'm not sure.

I disagree with this. Teams are going to play him 15-10 yards in with both safeties cheating. At some point Manning is going to have to adapt and change what he is used to. His arm deteriorated quickly last season, and it's time for him to finally change the way he plays. He can't play like he used to anymore. He clearly no longer has the same skill.

I think he's got enough arm and agility to do most of the offense. The problem is that all the plays I've seen tonight straight out of last year's play book. Whereas the Oz offense is purely Kubes.

Well the off-season narrative was that Peyton would run Kubiak's offense, and benefit from the Denver offense the way Elway did under Shanahan

I think he would benefit if he adapts. I wonder to what extent the hybrid is actually going to happen.

His leg was fucked last year. I think he'll look more like 2013 Peyton than 2014 Peyton.

In the off-season feel good context, "run Kubiak's offense" might just be code for "run the ball more".

But: if I'm wrong, and the best he can do is game manage... they aren't going to be able to do a damn thing with him behind center, and it's probably time for him to retire

e: Slay, I wouldn't read too much into preseason playcalling either way.

I'm not too worried about it, just weird to see dual offenses.

Minnesota:

CNDmvzyUsAAk-kl.jpg

TheFatOne

So I didn't watch most of the first half of Pats-Saints. Snarky jokes aside was is bad offense or good defense

Bad offense mostly because of three rookies at center, and both guards. Amendola was also the only starter at receiver. Defense was just straight bad. Jamie Collins had a rough day, but nothing to really worry about. Malcom Butler looks legit. Sheard looks good as well. Honestly so far Sheard looks like a beast. He's way way more consistent than Chandler Jones, and he's stout against the run. Logan Ryan is LOL. McCourty experimenting at corner as well. Bad defense for sure though. Worried about the defense, but not worried about the offense.

Tebowwwwwwwwwwww #FlyTebowFly

Bad offense mostly because of three rookies at center, and both guards. Amendola was also the only starter at receiver. Defense was just straight bad. Jamie Collins had a rough day, but nothing to really worry about. Malcom Butler looks legit. Sheard looks good as well. Honestly so far Sheard looks like a beast. He's way way more consistent than Chandler Jones, and he's stout against the run. Logan Ryan is LOL. McCourty experimenting at corner as well. Bad defense for sure though. Worried about the defense, but not worried about the offense.

Sheard looks like a good pickup so far

TheFatOne

Jimmy Garoppolo looks really good. Has a super quick release, and is pretty accurate. He has the obvious issues that inexperienced quarterbacks have, but overall he's showing some good stuff tonight.
Tebowwwwwwwwwwww #FlyTebowFly

Sheard looks like a good pickup so far

He's another guy I'm trying to keep my expectations in check for. He has looked like a beast so far.

Colasante

Dion Lewis looks like he's going to be the Patriots' third down back. Better runner than James White, looks like he might be a better receiver too.

TheFatOne

Dion Lewis looks like he's going to be the Patriots' third down back. Better runner than James White, looks like he might be a better receiver too.

That one handed catch with the juke move was pretty damn sick, and he made that look easy. Really impressed with him tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom