• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Yeah cause right now we only have 2 QBs who will be throwing.

Josh McCown and Thad Lewis.

Whats the point in signing a third QB for one practice?

Let him talk, Kave. For every crack he makes at your expense, karma will revisit him in the form of another game started by Brian Hoyer.

JABEE

If you state he's a runner on the read option, he's no longer a defenseless player. He becomes eligible to take hits just like any other ball carrier.

Can't have it both ways.

It's a split second decision on who keeps the ball, that's why it's called an option.
Bradford makes his read (correctly) and takes the option of letting the RB take it. Given that Suggs is shielded from the ball, he has to also make a read who is in possession of the ball. He takes the QB, which is a perfectly valid option, and makes a tackle on who he thinks has the ball.

The possession of the ball isn't of importance in tackling in the read option. At that point they are both considered runners and either one of them can be tackled. That's the rule. Bradford was not out of the play either, so he's fair game.

It wasn't late, rewatch the gif.

Kas isn't this delusional.
It is a split-second play, and as I posted earlier, there are still protections of the QB is not in a running posture or has faded out of the play as the referees interpreted this call.

Bradford was not in a running posture.

kmag

It is a split-second play, and as I posted earlier, there are still protections of the QB is not in a running posture or has faded out of the play as the referees interpreted this call.

Bradford was not in a running posture.

Of course he's in a running posture. It's a fucking read option, the entire idea is delay and obscure the point at which the QB decides to keep or hand off the ball.

You can call the hit dirty, and it basically was, but it's not late or illegal.

iT6VQrMOh9v9U.gif

if you are running the read option you're fair game to get hit at any point!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Let him talk, Kave. For every crack he makes at your expense, karma will revisit him in the form of another game started by Brian Hoyer.

HEY!

Me and Mech are cool now. I wish him propserity through Mallett for this year and then the domination of Savage for every year after this.

harSon

Banned
I didn't think our defense could be worse than last year, but it's fucking awful. Colbert has been drafting shit stain after shit stain on the defensive side of the ball.

I'm not calling for suspensions on Suggs either

The more I look at the play in replays the more I realize it wasn't even a read option, but just a shotgun handoff. That is probably why the refs called it.

Bradford never even moved his feet, never faked a run, did literally nothing but hand off the ball.

JABEE

The more I look at the play in replays the more I realize it wasn't even a read option, but just a shotgun handoff. That is probably why the refs called it.
He did extend the hand-off a little. I think the refs made the right call. It's a judgement call based on the interpretation of Blandino's rules explanation.

I still think it was dirty as fuck either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom