• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMczaf

I'm here to save the day!

aooh3CY.gif

what the hell is this greg

He did extend the hand-off a little. I think the refs made the right call. It's a judgement call based on the interpretation of Blandino's rules explanation.

I still think it was dirty as fuck either way.

I just don't see that extension or any indication that it was much of anything but a handoff.

WmNA6vm.gif

Godslay

Banned
It is a split-second play, and as I posted earlier, there are still protections of the QB is not in a running posture or has faded out of the play as the referees interpreted this call.

Bradford was not in a running posture.

I just don't see that extension or any indication that it was much of anything but a handoff.

That's bullshit and you know it.

I've watched all of your QBs from top to bottom run that same play. It's a classic read option play no matter the level of play.

Why is it a classic read option play?

Bradford is making the read on Suggs. Two hands on the ball extended out, waiting for the mesh point to make the read.

If it was a shotgun handoff, Bradford would:

1. Not be reading what the isolated defender was doing in order to select the correct option according to what Suggs does. If it was a shotgun play, I doubt he looks that way.

2. He would likely be focusing on securely transferring the ball to the carrier. Which typically entails watching the ball as it's transferred to the pads of the runner. Not the defender. Furthermore, they likely wouldn't have let Suggs seep through like that if it was a regular shotgun run.

That's why it's a 'classic' read option, and not a shotgun play. Which is a dead give away for anybody paying attention.

As such Bradford is a runner, game to being hit from the chest down, and foregoes his protections if it was a pass play in the pocket.

I'm sorry you don't see it that way, but if you want to play Chip's offense with it's Read Options and Read Option Fakes, your QB is going to be hit more often than when passing in the pocket.

It's how teams are taught to defend this, don't let the QB seep out.

brentech

Would hate to see it, but I could see this being Jordy's last season. A lot of muscle strains the last few years and now coming off hip surgery. Who knows, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Mike Neal went for the 2 hand touch sack. I know it's preseason, but that seemed like same old weak ass packers d attitude (from him). Hit the man, Ben doesn't just fall over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom