• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter S.

haaahh you fucking wish. im a dedicated alcoholic

2947748.gif

I cannot argue with facts, but I would try.

Line_HTX

After Saturday's loss to the Broncos, how is your confidence in the Texans' QBs?

This team is in big trouble (42%, 271 Votes)

Starting to be a little concerned (33%, 211 Votes)

I'm not worried yet, it's only the preseason (19%, 124 Votes)

Still very high on Brian Hoyer and Ryan Mallett (6%, 37 Votes)

Total Voters: 643

It's time to picnic on the Texans' offense.
CAZXTn2UsAAokn6.png

O'Brien praises performances by the running backs...

-_-

Godslay

Banned
It's time to picnic on the Texans' offense.
CAZXTn2UsAAokn6.png

O'Brien praises performances by the running backs...

-_-

I'm gonna take out the basket, and picnic the fuck out of the Texan's QBs.

Seriously though, the Denver defense 1s stayed out clear through part of the 2nd QTR. They're a pretty solid crew all-around, so it doesn't surprise me that the Texans QBs struggled against them. I wouldn't panic quite yet. A few games into the season and no one really shows? Then I would start panicking.

jbug617

Banned
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/23/cris-carter-urged-nfl-rookies-to-have-a-fall-guy/
A recent ESPN feature on former 49ers linebacker Chris Borland described Borland as “appalled” by what he heard at the 2014 Rookie Symposium, when a former NFL player told the rookies that they should have a “fall guy” in their crew who would take the blame if they faced legal trouble. What ESPN failed to mention is that the former player who gave that advice was an ESPN employee, Cris Carter.

Although the ESPN feature says that Borland “declined to name” the player, the writers easily could have identified Carter as the source of the comments, because the video of Carter’s presentation at the Rookie Symposium is available at NFL.com.

The presentation went basically how Borland described it in the ESPN feature: Carter told rookies that they should have one friend who will be willing to take the blame if they ever get into trouble. Warren Sapp, onstage along with Carter, agreed.

“If you all got a crew, you got to have a fall guy in the crew,” Carter said. “If you all have a crew, one of those fools got to know, he’s the one going to jail. We’ll get him out.”

Sapp then repeated, “We’ll get him out.”

DMczaf

Those comments didn’t sit well with Borland, and they likely won’t sit well with most people hearing them now. But the NFL apparently didn’t have a problem with what Carter said: His presentation was posted on the league’s own website, and Carter was invited back to speak at this year’s Rookie Symposium.

I still want to see the NFL act like they had no idea what was going on once this story blows up.

LJ11

This time last year Carter was getting praise for his epic rant, meanwhile he was telling the rookies to set up one of their friends to take the fall if shit went south.

I love the sport, but its filled with scum.

But really, the key question no one is asking is whether the Packers training staff can get Jordy to Philadelphia soon enough to have Tebow lay his hands on him and heal his knee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom