• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afrikan

Damnit Dahl....he's going to do it isn't he.. he is going to fucking make the team for another season just because of that play. ah geez.

gutshot

Man, MM looks really good.

That was fucking beautiful pocket movement from MM. Dammit McCluster dropping an easy TD.

Hmm I really like Mariota's game. Good pocket presence tonight

That's what mariotta does well, eyes downfield while moving in the pocket, took the LB right out of his zone with his eyes, and hit the open receiver.

Chip shoulda traded the farm for him. Now we're always going to be left wondering what could have been...

jwhit28

The Titans looked pretty good up front with the starters against a middle of the pack defense and an offensive line with 2 rookies on the right side. I don't know what to make of Cobb and Sankey. Whisenhunt says he doesn't see the team taking a RB by committee approach but that seems like the path to take. Mariotta had a dropped TD but also a dropped INT so meh. He seems so hesitant to run. Hopefully that is because it's only pre-season and not worth the risk.

LJ11

No the backups are in. Barron did drop a pick 6 though!

E; actually it was Barron

Yeah, I saw the dropped pick. Looked like Mariota hesitated and just tried to arm the throw, no legs.

No idea why Barron looked back on that TD, ball whizzed by him. I mean it wasn't the main reason TD was scored, but there was no reason to ever look back.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
David J. Chao, MD ‏@ProFootballDoc 3h3 hours ago

Likely ankle surgery for MAURKICE POUNCEY will involve syndesmotic fixation, longer than simple ankle fracture fixation but could be IR/dfr.

I need Dr Rando to translate this into english for me.

rando14

I need Dr Rando to translate this into english for me.

Syndesmosis is a joint, in this case the ligamentous tissue bw the two leg bones down through the top of the ankle, he musta torn that

Fixation is the surgery where theyll probly screw the bones together while the ligaments heal

jakncoke

Banned
Syndesmosis is a joint, in this case the ligamentous tissue bw the two leg bones down through the top of the ankle, he musta torn that

Fixation is the surgery where theyll probly screw the bones together while the ligaments heal

fucking rando. why dont you want me to drink more when i got no more

Drakeon

You guys are going to have a lot of new fans from across the Pacific, from what I've seen. Hayne is actually a huge deal in Australia.

I know theres a ton of Aussie media at our games since we picked him up. Be interesting to see if he grows the sports popularity there.

bionic77

Holy shit @ that Pokemon gunmen story.

I can't wait to hear their motive.

And I can't believe we have a defense force for terrorists who play video games!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Somebody in here told me that Cena never loses. I've been lied to!

Thanks. Do we have a time frame? I keep hearing 6 weeks, 4 months and everything in between.

bionic77

Apparently MGSV is the real deal.
I am sure it will be the best game of the year but I am interested in seeing how it sells. I have no faith in the gaming market anymore. Their taste is garbage.

Speaking of games I am hosting the Fantasy Football draft party for my league of morons and since I have a PS4 I figure I should get a copy of Madden to play in between picks. I enjoy FIFA and Pro Evo (which I hear is great again) more but Madden fits in more with FF. Anything else that would be a cool way to kill 10 minutes, multiplayer only obviously. Is that Rocket car thing 2 player or online only?

Godslay

Banned
Xk8pM5P.gif

Bionic was right.

Bread

Banned
Holy shit @ that Pokemon gunmen story.

I can't wait to hear their motive.

And I can't believe we have a defense force for terrorists who play video games!
but but but they probably just carry ammo anywhere they go! how is that at all related to them talking about killing people on facebook? let's give them the benefit of the doubt here!

bionic77

but but but they probably just carry ammo anywhere they go! how is that at all related to them talking about killing people on facebook? let's give them the benefit of the doubt here!
Its hilarious how far people will go to give you the benefit of the doubt if you are white or are a cute animal.

But brown? Get fuuuuuuuuuuucked.

rando14

Somebody in here told me that Cena never loses. I've been lied to!

Thanks. Do we have a time frame? I keep hearing 6 weeks, 4 months and everything in between.

I wasn't sure so I had to look it up, looks like post-surgery w/ rehab and all, an everyday patient would expect a 4 month recovery. However for an NFL Athlete, looks like as of 2012/3, the expected time away from play is 9 to 16 weeks:

Syndesmotic sprains associated with frank diastasis, however, had the most prolonged course for return to play. In these situations, all team physicians said that surgical management is warranted, and the reported time away from play ranges from 9 to 16 weeks. Three out of four physicians preferred applying fixation across four cortices, using two nonabsorbable syndesmosis screws.

That said, orthopedic medicine in the NFL is getting really really good. Pouncey is a freak athlete, he may be the exception, hard to say at this point, so early on

Cast of Fox's Sunday NFL Countdown fighter announced and it is...eclectic

RudyMartzke2014
‏@FakeRudyMartzke
Fox announces the cast NFL Kickoff. It will consist of Colin Cowherd, Champ Bailey, Dave Wannstedt, Randy Moss, and host Charissa Thompson.

Cast of Fox's Sunday NFL Countdown fighter announced and it is...eclectic

RudyMartzke2014
‏@FakeRudyMartzke
Fox announces the cast NFL Kickoff. It will consist of Colin Cowherd, Champ Bailey, Dave Wannstedt, Randy Moss, and host Charissa Thompson.
Yeah, That's gonna be interesting. At the very least, It'll be better than the main pre show.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I wasn't sure so I had to look it up, looks like post-surgery w/ rehab and all, an everyday patient would expect a 4 month recovery. However for an NFL Athlete, looks like as of 2012/3, the expected time away from play is 9 to 16 weeks:

That said, orthopedic medicine in the NFL is getting really really good. Pouncey is a freak athlete, he may be the exception, hard to say at this point, so early on

Glee1.gif

After losing Jordy Nelson to a potentially serious injury, Aaron Rodgers was asked if he wished there was no preseason. The Packers QB said: "I think a lot of players around the league probably do. At least cut it down, maybe, to a couple. ... It’s difficult to lose a guy like that in a meaningless game."

erron is totally right. if ONLY there were only 2 pre-season games, this injury never would have happened because the game the packers played today wouldn't have occurred. If only it was just 2 pre-season games....

bionic77

erron is totally right. if ONLY there were only 2 pre-season games, this injury never would have happened because the game the packers played today wouldn't have occurred. If only it was just 2 pre-season games....
FMT that was totally unfair.

You know he just says what Munn tells him to say. If you want to diss someone go to the source!

I can't wait until when Munn decides she wants to be like David St. Hubins girl and start calling the plays from the sidelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom