• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.
erron is totally right. if ONLY there were only 2 pre-season games, this injury never would have happened because the game the packers played today wouldn't have occurred. If only it was just 2 pre-season games....

How many minutes does a starting WR play during the preseason anyways? It's not like it's mandatory for them to take the field

Fox318

TZak6E8.gif

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
well Heinz Field is a terrible field. A lot of guys get injured there. Who knows how you can invest a billion dollars into a field and you can't get the soil and grass correct.

Crud

Banned
erron is totally right. if ONLY there were only 2 pre-season games, this injury never would have happened because the game the packers played today wouldn't have occurred. If only it was just 2 pre-season games....

For real. Nelson could of got hurt Week 1 of the regular season. We supposed to get rid of week 1 now?

Is he any good? I always hear Dolphins fans complaining about shit their line is.

He's good, probowl center, last year he was hurt for the start of the season and when he came back we put him at guard, so his play was average at best but now he's back at center. Pouncey and Albert are the only good players we have on the line, the two guards suck and the RT is a 2nd year player so it's too early to tell if he'll be good. Last year he finished the season as our LT when Albert went down.

Jordy played like 7 snaps in 2 games. Just bad luck and a freak injury. It sucks but that's why they have depth charts.

Yeah what I'm saying is that cutting preseason games down isn't going to completely eliminate injuries. I think 3-4 preseason games is fine. Just use it to evaluate your second tier-3rd tier players better. Maybe what the NFL should do is to not make roster cuts until week 1, or make them less stringent from week 2-4.

I was reading an article on FIFA and how they've invested money and done a ton of research on preventing ACL injuries in their players, and have managed to reduce the amount of incidences with things like simple stretching techniques. According to the article the NFL has done none of this.

edit: they've dedicated a website to it. Football is not soccer but i'm sure some of the techniques are transferable.

at the game today, niners kicked the cowboys arse

11880485_10153495921868758_5184238373994939359_n.jpg

I looked a ticket prices on StubHub a few hours before the game started. Great prices on great seats in the Champion's Club/Broadcast club behind the 49er bench. If I go again this season I'm definitely going to wait for a great deal again.

Gigglepoo

I was reading an article on FIFA and how they've invested money and done a ton of research on preventing ACL injuries in their players, and have managed to reduce the amount of incidences with things like simple stretching techniques. According to the article the NFL has done none of this.

edit: they've dedicated a website to it. Football is not soccer but i'm sure some of the techniques are transferable.

Do their changes involve ensuring fields are in a good enough condition to play on? Because that seems like the most basic thing the NFL could do but doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom