• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

Do y'all think that NFL-GAF has the biggest OT Community stats? I wonder if Stumpokapow could gather data on this place. There's like weekly threads, playoff threads, offseason threads, and the weekly regular season threads always go past 200 pages at least.

Steak's steak, as long as it's good (spoiler: it's almost never not) I don't care about the technical "rare medium well" mumbo jumbo <3

It's just how long do you want it cooked, is all. It's kind of important how pink or how dark you want.

ampere

Steak's steak, as long as it's good (spoiler: it's almost never not) I don't care about the technical "rare medium well" mumbo jumbo <3

:lol

If you get steak cooked past medium, why even get steak, just get a burger.

Good steak -> medium rare.

Well done for me. The only thing pink I eat has to have a phat ass to go with it.

Something tells me that latter situation doesn't really happen for you based on your posts

Bread

Banned
"Does it taste good" and "will it kill me" is really all I care about in steak. I've eaten and loved rare, medium, and well-done steaks, so it's a case of night and day for me: I love both, if it's good and doesn't kill me I'm set.

Well done for me. The only thing pink I eat has to have a phat ass to go with it.

giphy.gif

TheFatOne

Mike Reiss said:
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- There are so many notable and important things that happen during a New England Patriots two-hour practice, but some days, one thing so clearly stands out above the rest that it simply makes you say, "Wow."

That's how I'd describe the team's Monday practice, specifically with cornerback Malcolm Butler.

Once again locking down Darrelle Revis' old left cornerback spot, Butler showed a little bit of everything in a performance that had me thinking about days watching practice with ESPN NFL Insider Field Yates and looking at players through more of a scouting lens.

Reactive athleticism? Butler showed the ability to mirror receivers, as I watched him blanket receiver Josh Boyce on one play as Boyce attempted to change directions over the middle.

Ball skills? His one-handed interception on a Tom Brady pass over the middle certainly qualifies.

Explosion? Jumping a short crossing route by Boyce over the middle to intercept a Brady pass decisively showed that aspect of his game.

Long speed? Butler displayed it by running stride for stride with first-year receiver Jonathan Krause (who reportedly ran a 4.37 time in the 40 at his pro day in 2014) along the right sideline.

Leaping ability? Butler rose high into the air after running stride for stride with Krause, timing his leap perfectly as Tom Brady's high-arcing pass arrived.

Technique? It seemed to be picture-perfect, as Butler turned at just the right moment to make the play on the long bomb intended for Krause.

Added value? At one point, he also scooped up a blocked field goal and would have been headed to the other end zone for a touchdown.

This isn't to overstate one practice, and also doesn't overlook that Butler is far from a finished product and there's still a long way to go. But sometimes you just see something in a player and say "That looks different than most everyone else." It was similar to the way I used to feel watching receiver Randy Moss run down the field at times.

Butler has a little of that "it looks different than everyone else" in him, and those in attendance Monday for the full-pads practice got a chance to see it themselves.

A few other observations from practice:

I'm officially on the Butler hype wagon.

Striker

Giants OL right now heading into the pre-season

4f84839.jpg

* Schwartz is expected to be ready for the season; has had soreness with his ankle that cost him last season
* Newhouse is garbage

#ripeli #signmathis

bionic77

I hate to agree with Sweeney Tom in anything but he has a point.

I always prefer medium for my steaks (almost all the steaks I eat are from our own grill) but i have eaten well done steaks at other people's houses and assuming the meat is not actually burnt it can be pretty good. Not as good as medium but still better than most other food. I don't prefer rare steak but I have eaten that before and loved it too.

Burnt steak is pretty fucking horrible though.

Can't eat a burger less than medium though.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I hate to agree with Sweeney Tom in anything but he has a point.

I always prefer medium for my steaks (almost all the steaks I eat are from our own grill) but i have eaten well done steaks at other people's houses and assuming the meat is not actually burnt it can be pretty good. Not as good as medium but still better than most other food. I don't prefer rare steak but I have eaten that before and loved it too.

Burnt steak is pretty fucking horrible though.

Can't eat a burger less than medium though.

Yeah I tend to prefer steaks on the north side of medium rather than the underside.

Meat quality definitely seems to be the real issue.

I made a sirloin the other day for dinner. Cooked mine rare, wife wanted medium well. We let my daughter choose which one tasted better.

She chose mine. I'm so proud of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom