• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowser

Thanks for all the well-wishes last night guys.

Anywho back to football:

I like how everyone is focusing on this Cam Newton fight and not how he had his worst practice maybe as a pro yesterday. I recognize that he's never that great in camp, but from reports he's been especially poor at times this year.

Hm? Sounds like news to me. He was much sharper in OTAs than he has been in camp so far, but from what I've read, he's looked pretty decent for the most part except for a few practices here and there. Hell, all reports yesterday was that the offense was dominating the D and that kind of led to the chippiness.

Looking forward to the season personally, that way we can get the stench of the brady vs the world shit out of the way and actually talk...Football.

YES i am a patriots fan, YES i think brady is going to win the case/serve at max 1 game, i am just sick of it all.

as for a steak,

Quality steak > poor steak

at MOST i do medium well on a steak i cook (ie left it on too long for a minute or so)
but if it is a good quality steak, it still tastes great, i prefer medium on the rarer side.

wife prefers medium on the medium side

she prefers a cut with almost no fat (sirloin or filet)
i prefer a cut with a decent amount of fat- ribeye- or filet since, hey ITS FILET!

preparation is a huge part of getting a good well tasting steak also.

no need for complicated rubs, marinades, just get a tablespoon or so of kosher salt, cover meat lightly all over- just enough to coat, not a heavy amount, it should all dissolve almost instantly, a lite sprinkling all over of pepper and let the steak sit-covered- on the counter for ~15 minutes prior to cooking put on a hot grill, depending on the thickness 4-6 minutes a side - turning only once- done.

once done, let rest for a few minutes(if you can resist), & put a pat of butter on top.

Damn I really want steak now

I knew it!

I don't know what you're talking about

eznark

Banned
Looking forward to the season personally, that way we can get the stench of the brady vs the world shit out of the way and actually talk...Football.

YES i am a patriots fan, YES i think brady is going to win the case/serve at max 1 game, i am just sick of it all.

No one read the rest of what you wrote because they now hate you.

cajunator

Banned
Congrats Malalaw and congrats/condolences to Grover.

i weighed 6 pounds and was gasping for air when I entered the world. Rough start.

as for a steak,

at MOST i do medium well on a steak i cook (ie left it on too long for a minute or so)
but if it is a good quality steak, it still tastes great, i prefer medium on the rarer side.

i prefer a cut with a decent amount of fat- ribeye- or filet since, hey ITS FILET!

no need for complicated rubs, marinades, just get a tablespoon or so of kosher salt, cover meat lightly all over- just enough to coat, not a heavy amount, it should all dissolve almost instantly, a lite sprinkling all over of pepper and let the steak sit-covered- on the counter for ~15 minutes prior to cooking put on a hot grill, depending on the thickness 4-6 minutes a side - turning only once- done.

once done, let rest for a few minutes(if you can resist), & put a pat of butter on top.
Welcome Patriots bro

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis

as for a steak,

I spoke too soon. Day ruined.

Konka

Banned
I've always been partial to NY strip steaks.

DSC_1483.jpg

ampere

If he won with York I am sure Snyder won't be enough to stop him.

bionic I saw an article you would like to read! http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...single-game/PcfW6txEeCZqCBs5YEdq7J/story.html

That's where I'm at. Nice deep pink in the center.

Sometimes I have to agree with Giants fans. Yup that's how you do steak.

Will he still be able to hold the clipboard?!

They're called Surface tablets, geez. Microsoft isn't paying all that money for people to not know the name!

Line_HTX

Good morning, you Medium-looking people!

as for a steak,

Welcome, enjoy your stay! And also, fuck you, you Patriot! Get ready for
Eli and Odell and the Giants to defeat you again after another 4 years! >:p

i weighed 6 pounds and was gasping for air when I entered the world. Rough start.

Yikes, wow... Amazing you lived through that. :O

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Did someone summon me?

In other Browns news, Joe Thomas is not practicing, they don't think it's anything serious and things worked out that today was his day off anyways.

If Joe goes down just end the season make us 0-16 because I don't want to be in a world without Joe.

Hm? Sounds like news to me. He was much sharper in OTAs than he has been in camp so far, but from what I've read, he's looked pretty decent for the most part except for a few practices here and there. Hell, all reports yesterday was that the offense was dominating the D and that kind of led to the chippiness.

I've heard/read similar. A few of my friends were at Fan Fest last Friday and said Cam was throwing darts all over the field.

rando14

Did someone summon me?

In other Browns news, Joe Thomas is not practicing, they don't think it's anything serious and things worked out that today was his day off anyways.

If Joe goes down just end the season make us 0-16 because I don't want to be in a world without Joe.

Last name Kitty
First name BITCH

bionic77

Looks Iike steak is something we cannot come to a consensus on.

Other than the Pats being scumbag cheaters with asterisks forever next to all of their wins is there anything else we can all agree on?

I thought we could agree on anime being trash but apparently quite a few of you own love pillows....

Hello friend NotChris :)

I'm looking forward to the Panthers-Dolphins joint practices next week. Even if Donkey Kong Suh is going to rip off Cam's arm.

Hello friend, I'm also looking forward to it, I never understood why they didn't do joint practices before. Also suh needs the practice for when he plays brady, it's for the good of the league, sorry friend.

Long time no post bros. It's been a hectic week.

In the good news, I just got a job at a energy systems consulting firm in Charlotte. Pumped for that.

In the bad news, I just lost my grandma. She hadn't really taken care of herself and had a number of health scares over the years. Eventually her heart and kidneys just gave out. Last weekend she went to the hospital and the doctors gave her at best a month to live. We lost her tonight.

I'm just glad that all 6 of her children and all 19 of her grandkids (me being the oldest) were able to see her before she passed.

TL;DR: Life is wild man
Sorry to hear about your grandma, my friend. My condolences.

Congrats on the new job, though! Oddly enough I heard back yesterday about my interview last week and I've also got an offer coming my way. I am super relieved and pumped. Soon I'll be in Greenville, SC which means I might consider checking out a Panthers game sometime!

bionic77

Hello friend, I'm also looking forward to it, I never understood why they didn't do joint practices before. Also suh needs the practice for when he plays brady, it's for the good of the league, sorry friend.
It would so awesome if because of Brady embarrassing the league he now gets treated like Ben, Rodgers and other athletic qbs where defenders can hit them low, high and dirty hits are rarely flagged.

Suh was obviously meant to come to Miami.

If Cam has to be the blood sacrifice for the betterment of the league, so be it.

Sorry to hear about your grandma, my friend. My condolences.

Congrats on the new job, though! Oddly enough I heard back yesterday about my interview last week and I've also got an offer coming my way. I am super relieved and pumped. Soon I'll be in Greenville, SC which means I might consider checking out a Panthers game sometime!

Awesome news man!

MechDX

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer · 1m1 minute ago
Here's some news ---> RT @wyche89: Chi. Mayor Rahm Emanuel/Commissioner Roger Goodell have news conference today. Draft returning to Chicago

So the Vikings have the most thuggish team in the league, the Bears get the draft again what do the Lions get?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Looks Iike steak is something we cannot come to a consensus on.

Other than the Pats being scumbag cheaters with asterisks forever next to all of their wins is there anything else we can all agree on?

I thought we could agree on anime being trash but apparently quite a few of you own love pillows....

I think we all agree that Popeyes > KFC

We also all agree that gotor is your son so you have some explaining to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom