• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

rando14

What's worse, a well-done steak or a mustard meatball sub

It's better. Thanks for asking.

Congrats on the kid!

Glad to hear you're doing better, Gator. Did the physicians talk about making any possible dietary changes to prevent this from happening in the future?

gutshot

Do y'all think that NFL-GAF has the biggest OT Community stats? I wonder if Stumpokapow could gather data on this place. There's like weekly threads, playoff threads, offseason threads, and the weekly regular season threads always go past 200 pages at least.

It's just how long do you want it cooked, is all. It's kind of important how pink or how dark you want.

Good to see cajun spreads his squeeing around.

And yeah, I'd be willing to bet that NFL-GAF is high on the list of communities.

bionic77

I always expected bionic to be a man of taste in all things except football, and here he is over-cooking steaks
No I like some trashy shit too.

I mean haven't you seen me praise Chick Fil A and Popeyes?

We are through
It was bound to happen eventually.

By the way I said I have enjoyed rare steaks too, this is just my preference and according to the rules of GAF you must respect it or be banned forever!

Mods he is not accepting me for who I am!

(Gata I am clearly joking so don't get all Hernandez on us and ban him, btw how much did the stone hurt?).

Thanks for all the well-wishes last night guys.

Anywho back to football:

I like how everyone is focusing on this Cam Newton fight and not how he had his worst practice maybe as a pro yesterday. I recognize that he's never that great in camp, but from reports he's been especially poor at times this year.

bionic77

Thanks for all the well-wishes last night guys.

Anywho back to football:

I like how everyone is focusing on this Cam Newton fight and not how he had his worst practice maybe as a pro yesterday. I recognize that he's never that great in camp, but from reports he's been especially poor at times this year.
Cam is not a rookie but supposedly Ben was always subpar or borderline garbo in practices in his first year but always showed up on Sunday and delivered.

I wonder who the next great team is going to be. San Fran is dead and Seattle is probably on the decline. No idea who it will be but I think some team is going to make the leap from good to great this year. I know it ain't the Steelers but lets all agree not to talk about that pretend like it is a possibility for the next 3 weeks.

Kind of afraid it might be Green Bay but lets also pretend that it is not the case. Packer fans are uppity enough as it is and it is only August!

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Cam is not a rookie but supposedly Ben was always subpar or borderline garbo in practices in his first year but always showed up on Sunday and delivered.

I wonder who the next great team is going to be. San Fran is dead and Seattle is probably on the decline. No idea who it will be but I think some team is going to make the leap from good to great this year. I know it ain't the Steelers but lets all agree not to talk about that pretend like it is a possibility for the next 3 weeks.

Kind of afraid it might be Green Bay but lets also pretend that it is not the case. Packer fans are uppity enough as it is and it is only August!

*cough*

BigAT

I was at a burger place last night that refused to make my burger medium rare. And it wasn't the typical, ridiculous attempt to be overly safe by saying nothing lower than medium. The menu said, "Our burgers are only cooked rare, medium or well done." Then the waiter refused after I asked for medium rare in spite of the menu. I ended up getting rare because I'm not a monster, but it was just an absurd situation.

rando14

Scot mccloughan built SF, scot mccloughan built SEA, and now he's going to build WAS. If he can somehow get rid of RG3
and dan snyder
and get a somewhat decent QB there's no stopping him!!

BigAT

Obviously it's the Eagles. 10-6 in back to back years and have upgraded at QB

4UGRr1l.gif

brentech

I was at a burger place last night that refused to make my burger medium rare. And it wasn't the typical, ridiculous attempt to be overly safe by saying nothing lower than medium. The menu said, "Our burgers are only cooked rare, medium or well done." Then the waiter refused after I asked for medium rare in spite of the menu. I ended up getting rare because I'm not a monster, but it was just an absurd situation.
I think that means they don't know how to make it.

bionic77

Scot mccloughan built SF, scot mccloughan built SEA, and now he's going to build WAS. If he can somehow get rid of RG3
and dan snyder
and get a somewhat decent QB there's no stopping him!!
If he won with York I am sure Snyder won't be enough to stop him.

Crisco

Banned
It's a fine line with steak, you need a good, dark, almost burnt looking sear on the outside with a center that still has some pink. I cooked this last weekend, considered it overcooked but still tasty.

It's a fine line with steak, you need a good, dark, almost burnt looking sear on the outside with a center that still has some pink. I cooked this last weekend, considered it overcooked but still tasty.
Yeah, medium can still be tasty (though that looks medium going into well to me) but definitely overcooked.

That's where I'm at. Nice deep pink in the center.

My wife likes to eat shoe leather. I can't cook steak for her as it depresses me to kill a great cut of meat but she wants it as well done as possible. If she sees pink, she won't touch it.

BigAT

I think that means they don't know how to make it.

They attributed it to the fact that it was double patties and that made it difficult for some reason. There is the time it takes to cook them rare, then time elapses, then they are cooked medium. Just stop somewhere between those two points, what is the issue?

Crisco

Banned
Yeah, medium can still be tasty (though that looks medium going into well to me) but definitely overcooked.

That's where I'm at. Nice deep pink in the center.

My wife likes to eat shoe leather. I can't cook steak for her as it depresses me to kill a great cut of meat but she wants it as well done as possible. If she sees pink, she won't touch it.

Yeah it was, i shoulda pulled them about a minute before i did but was chasing that perfect sear on both sides :/

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Might not be till 4 or 5 the baby arrives.

What a great day.

I get my new internet a new fellow fan and future NFLGAF member and Texans Hard Knocks.

Imagine in 20 years and all our kids are here talking shit to each other like we are. I can't imagine a Gata Jr.

Malalaw

What a great day.

I get my new internet a new fellow fan and future NFLGAF member and Texans Hard Knocks.

Imagine in 20 years and all our kids are here talking shit to each other like we are. I can't imagine a Gata Jr.

Oh no...sounds terrifying.

eznark

Banned
They attributed it to the fact that it was double patties and that made it difficult for some reason. There is the time it takes to cook them rare, then time elapses, then they are cooked medium. Just stop somewhere between those two points, what is the issue?

Their microwave only has three settings

jmdajr

Fun indeed. I feel prepared though.

Only real detriment is to sleep really. Sure I didn't/don't have the time for some of the things I used to do, but you won't miss them.

edit: We took our kid to some Texans games when she wasn't even a year old. Maybe 5-6 months. Everyone thought she was cute! (or maybe they thought we were horrible parents)

Malalaw

Only real detriment is to sleep really. Sure I didn't/don't have the time for some of the things I used to do, but you won't miss them.

I already played and beat all the games I wanted to get done. I usually get 5-6 hours a sleep a night anyway so its gonna be like nothings changed on that front.

May take him to the Saints/Texans game if all goes well.

jmdajr

I already played and beat all the games I wanted to get done. I usually get 5-6 hours a sleep a night anyway so its gonna be like nothings changed on that front.

May take him to the Saints/Texans game if all goes well.

Gaming takes a hit for sure. Requires too much focus/concentration.

Lenardo

Banned
Looking forward to the season personally, that way we can get the stench of the brady vs the world shit out of the way and actually talk...Football.

YES i am a patriots fan, YES i think brady is going to win the case/serve at max 1 game, i am just sick of it all.

as for a steak,

Quality steak > poor steak

at MOST i do medium well on a steak i cook (ie left it on too long for a minute or so)
but if it is a good quality steak, it still tastes great, i prefer medium on the rarer side.

wife prefers medium on the medium side

she prefers a cut with almost no fat (sirloin or filet)
i prefer a cut with a decent amount of fat- ribeye- or filet since, hey ITS FILET!

preparation is a huge part of getting a good well tasting steak also.

no need for complicated rubs, marinades, just get a tablespoon or so of kosher salt, cover meat lightly all over- just enough to coat, not a heavy amount, it should all dissolve almost instantly, a lite sprinkling all over of pepper and let the steak sit-covered- on the counter for ~15 minutes prior to cooking put on a hot grill, depending on the thickness 4-6 minutes a side - turning only once- done.

once done, let rest for a few minutes(if you can resist), & put a pat of butter on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom