• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any suggestions on stuff to do in Pittsburgh? Visiting this weekend for the first time.

The Inclines are cool to check out.

Warhol museum is nice if you're into his stuff.

I recommend Fatheads in the South Side for great beer and silly portion sized food. The beer is the best part. http://www.fatheadspittsburgh.com/beer.html They've got all their own brews plus like 40 revealing taps.

Church Brew Works is also good for beer and food.

Looks like the pirates are playing at home this weekend, worth going to a game just to see PNC Park, beautiful ballpark.

Shadyside is trendy, Squirrel Hill is Jewish and Downtown is nice to walk around but is dead at night. Check out the strip district on saturday or sunday morning for lots of nice street stalls, markets and restaurants. There are also the Carnegie Art and Natural History museums in Oakland near Pitt.

Godslay

Banned
I have a database that I can dump of who belongs to which team in NFLGAF if you need it Act.

Additionally if you go to NFLGAF.com and signup under teams I'll add you to the database.

Bear in mind I haven't updated the site in about a year so it is what it is. At some point in my life I'm going to make it what I had envisioned. As of now it's on the back burner.

I have a database that I can dump of who belongs to which team in NFLGAF if you need it Act.

Additionally if you go to NFLGAF.com and signup under teams I'll add you to the database.

Bear in mind I haven't updated the site in about a year so it is what it is. At some point in my life I'm going to make it what I had envisioned. As of now it's on the back burner.

I DID THE THING.

MechDX

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli · 7m7 minutes ago
Visibly upset Ryan Mallett at the podium today. Can't blame him. Said he thought he did enough to win the job. #Texans

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli · 10m10 minutes ago
Mallett is asked if he feels better after sleeping on it. "No, obviously not. I wanted this job more than anything." #Texans

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli · 11m11 minutes ago
Ryan Mallett is asked if he felt like he got a fair shake in the competition. "It is what it is," he says. #Texans

Yeah fuck you Hoyer.

jakncoke

Banned
mallet saying all the wrong things. should of said i support my teammates and must get better to reach my goals as a starting qb, eventual playoff winning qb and bring a owl to houston

MechDX

mallet saying all the wrong things. should of said i support my teammates and must get better to reach my goals as a starting qb, eventual playoff winning qb and bring a owl to houston

He did but I Iove how candid he was in the tweets I posted. I still believe O'Brien just went with the typical "safe" choice and it will bite him in the ass

Line_HTX

It is what it is.

Other teammates were praising Hoy Hoy and liked that he got the starter.

Mallet must git better.

MechDX

It is what it is.

Other teammates were praising Hoy Hoy and liked that he got the starter.

Mallet must git better.

And if Mallett were announced the starter they would have said the same damn things.

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli · 59s60 seconds ago
O'Brien says you want a guy who isn't happy he didn't win a starting job. Said Mallett has prepared like a starter last two days. #Texans

Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans · 1m1 minute ago
O'Brien on Mallett: "He disagrees, but he's going to go to work and prepare like he's going to play, and that's what he's done."

O'Brien aint even mad.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Players get criticized for giving cliché answers, then when they speak the what they actually believe they get crushed for it. Media wants better answers but also going to kill anyone that says anything that's not a cliché.

RG3 last week, if anyone bothered to read or listen to his full statement, you'd say oh, you know that's what I want my QB to say. Instead the media takes one little snippet out and then crush him for it.

jakncoke

Banned
He did but I Iove how candid he was in the tweets I posted. I still believe O'Brien just went with the typical "safe" choice and it will bite him in the ass

mallet prob will take over by week 6, sure this season is lost but could set him up for next season if hes ever going to make it

Bowser

Mallett sounds like a little bitch. I mean, it's a given that he wants the starting job but you don't come out and say all that.

Nah, I like it. He turned down more money from the Jets because he believed in the talent in Houston and believed he was good enough to start. I'd rather hear the truth than some bullshit cliches about being a good teammate or whatever.

Nah, I like it. He turned down more money from the Jets because he believed in the talent in Houston and believed he was good enough to start. I'd rather hear the truth than some bullshit cliches about being a good teammate or whatever.
Okay but what does it change? Like I said it's a given that he wants to start and he doesn't have to lie about it, but how is this attitude going to help the team? Just show up and keep at it and you'll get your shot when Hoyer shits the bed by week 2 or 3.

They might be cliches but in my mind they are the signs of a well run organization where everyone is buying into a team first mentality.

jakncoke

Banned
If geno didnt get beat up he would of been the qb to be and mallet would have basically no chance this season to get time. he knew hoyer and nick cage were a) horrible(hoyer) b) to inexperienced(nick cage). He knew he if rocked out with his cock out and a white cloud of dust he could win bob over.

If geno didnt get beat up he would of been the qb to be and mallet would have basically no chance this season to get time. he knew hoyer and nick cage were a) horrible(hoyer) b) to inexperienced(nick cage). He knew he if rocked out with his cock out and a white cloud of dust he could win bob over.

Yet he didn't and some people (mech) still want him to start anyways.

I've seen ActStrikers design skills. It's like if the teletubbies had an episode where they punched the keys in Photoshop Xpress and Publisher.

In other words,

#Fuckthepats

Bowser

Okay but what does it change? Like I said it's a given that he wants to start and he doesn't have to lie about it, but how is this attitude going to help the team? Just show up and keep at it and you'll get your shot when Hoyer shits the bed by week 2 or 3.

They might be cliches but in my mind they are the signs of a well run organization where everyone is buying into a team first mentality.

Meh. On the flip side, what if his teammates respect him more now? "Damn, this guy really wanted it and he's not just going to give up easily. He isn't going to go into the tank and stop competing because he didn't get the job."

Goes both ways IMO.

MechDX

Texans players are typical, cliché machines.

Yet he didn't and some people (mech) still want him to start anyways.

Because there is more out there than what is being reported? Plenty of eyes saying it wasn't a fair competition and the deck was stacked in Hoyers favor.

What is it with you two anyway? So focused on the Texans for some weird reason and chomping at the bit to make negative comments in response to every post I make. Its kind of cute and adorable in a way but also weird

Meh. On the flip side, what if his teammates respect him more now? "Damn, this guy really wanted it and he's not just going to give up easily. He isn't going to go into the tank and stop competing because he didn't get the job."

Goes both ways IMO.
Fair enough. It isn't that big a deal, I'm coming down on him more than I should. I guess it's good that he isn't satisfied just making money as a backup at least.

Texans players are typical, cliché machines.

Because there is more out there than what is being reported? Plenty of eyes saying it wasn't a fair competition and the deck was stacked in Hoyers favor.

So you're saying your coach purposely sabotaged his QB competition (along with his job) because.....of reasons? That makes no sense, if Mallet was flat out better than Hoyer why would Bob refuse to start him? What does he gain? What kind of a dumbass is he? This is the coach that you covet? You've got bigger problems if that's true....

Godslay

Banned
Here's the list of the dump I did. 151 Total Members.

If your name is not on here, go sign up:

Arizona Cardinals DarkFlow
Arizona Cardinals Squall ASF
Atlanta Falcons Shia_Labeouf
Atlanta Falcons RBH
Atlanta Falcons Talon
Baltimore Ravens BaltimoreLarry
Baltimore Ravens Nakazato
Baltimore Ravens BoltVanderhuge
Buffalo Bills LJ11
Buffalo Bills CrankyJay
Buffalo Bills TheWanderingWind
Carolina Panthers GroverCleveland
Carolina Panthers Bowser
Chicago Bears Plasticine
Chicago Bears Seda
Chicago Bears Vincent Alexander
Chicago Bears MrBob
Chicago Bears Minx88
Cincinnati Bengals ColdNoodle
Cleveland Browns BlackGhost
Cleveland Browns BertramCooper
Cleveland Browns Wes
Cleveland Browns Kave_Man
Cleveland Browns TheBatman
Cleveland Browns Gobias
Dallas Cowboys Farooq
Dallas Cowboys cashman
Denver Broncos GraveRobberX
Denver Broncos Jello44
Denver Broncos TiggerKiddo
Denver Broncos GreatestJediEver
Denver Broncos Supreme1
Denver Broncos H1NCH
Denver Broncos Red13th
Denver Broncos MetalFearSolid
Denver Broncos DrForrester
Denver Broncos Chiggs
Denver Broncos kingslunk
Denver Broncos Godslay
Denver Broncos Hunter S. Thompson
Denver Broncos HarryDemeanor
Denver Broncos Test
Detroit Lions Gaborn
Detroit Lions Tenumi
Detroit Lions RellyRell28
Detroit Lions PhoenixDark
Detroit Lions Kastrioti
Detroit Lions Doorman
Detroit Lions Plinko
Detroit Lions WedgeX
Green Bay Packers Elfforkusu
Green Bay Packers Eznark
Green Bay Packers Mihael Mello Keehl
Green Bay Packers WinoMcCougarstein
Green Bay Packers KaYotiX
Green Bay Packers Mastershake
Green Bay Packers Wienke
Green Bay Packers Buckethead
Green Bay Packers ConradCervantes
Green Bay Packers TheLegendary
Green Bay Packers Greg
Houston Texans MechDX
Houston Texans Miguel
Houston Texans Smokey
Houston Texans Matrix
Houston Texans jmjdir
Houston Texans Vyer
Indianapolis Colts Narag
Indianapolis Colts Squicken
Indianapolis Colts SpinDasher
Jacksonville Jaguars Gata
Jacksonville Jaguars Tamanon
Jacksonville Jaguars 8 X 11 Printer Paper
Kansas City Chiefs ShaneB
Kansas City Chiefs ZootedGranny
Kansas City Chiefs Quickies
Kansas City Chiefs TragicComedy
Miami Dolphins The_Darkest_Red
Miami Dolphins TheDrizzlerJ11
Miami Dolphins pheenix
Miami Dolphins MiamiWesker
Miami Dolphins Wrayfield
Miami Dolphins Chris.Trejo
Miami Dolphins Fantomex
Minnesota Vikings BannedEpisode
Minnesota Vikings Slo
Minnesota Vikings Vyroxis
New England Patriots Bread
New England Patriots DutchPatriot
New England Patriots Colasante
New England Patriots jbug617
New England Patriots AlligatorJandro
New England Patriots TheFatOne
New England Patriots ActStriker
New England Patriots Milchjon
New England Patriots TomPenny
New England Patriots Sanjuro
New England Patriots Dragon
New Orleans Saints Big Baybee
New Orleans Saints Cajunator
New Orleans Saints Malalaw
New York Giants captmcblack
New York Giants FutureVoid
New York Giants Nemesis121
New York Giants BigAT
New York Giants Gooster
New York Jets Fox318
New York Jets darkside31337
Oakland Raiders Mackenzie92
Oakland Raiders ChanHuk
Oakland Raiders Officerrob
Oakland Raiders The Artful Dodger
Philadelphia Eagles YankeeHater
Philadelphia Eagles Brinbe
Philadelphia Eagles Konka
Philadelphia Eagles Jabee
Philadelphia Eagles GutShot
Philadelphia Eagles Effezee
Pittsburgh Steelers jakncoke
Pittsburgh Steelers DeaconKnowledge
Pittsburgh Steelers Bionic77
Pittsburgh Steelers AngmarsKing701
Pittsburgh Steelers ChuckDDD
Pittsburgh Steelers SpectralGlider
Pittsburgh Steelers harSon
San Diego Chargers User33
San Diego Chargers Nori Chan
San Francisco 49ers FrenchMovieTheme
San Francisco 49ers DUFFMCWALIN
San Francisco 49ers JCizzle
San Francisco 49ers bigosc2k
San Francisco 49ers Fjordson
San Francisco 49ers methodman
San Francisco 49ers TheKaeptain
San Francisco 49ers Gully State
San Francisco 49ers XiaNaphryz
San Francisco 49ers Drakeon
San Francisco 49ers Doomsayer
Seattle Seahawks Rando14
Seattle Seahawks CdyHybrid
Seattle Seahawks WesternHeretic
Seattle Seahawks _woLf
Seattle Seahawks Hitokage
St. Louis Rams Boose
Tampa Bay Buccaneers SNESFreak
Tampa Bay Buccaneers MRSA
Tampa Bay Buccaneers DMcZaf
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Syrinx
Tennessee Titans SF2Fanatic
Washington Redskins Ninja Scooter
Washington Redskins mr2xxx

MechDX

So you're saying your coach purposely sabotaged his QB competition (along with his job) because.....of reasons? That makes no sense, if Mallet was flat out better than Hoyer why would Bob refuse to start him? What does he gain? What kind of a dumbass is he? This is the coach that you covet? You've got bigger problems if that's true....

Mallett is a prototypical gun slinger QB. he will make you go "WTF!?!" one play then "Holy shit! you see that?" the next. Big risk/ high reward.

Hoyer is the safe choice. "Game manager", "Makes safe boring throws" basically Matt Schaub 2.0. Low risk/low reward

O'Brien made the safe choice and for what I believe he is and will be it is disappointing.

BigAT

I like that "doesn't throw interceptions" has been reclassified as a negative. This is on a level of stupidity on par with that guy that thought Rodgers should be throwing more interceptions to improve as a quarterback.

Hindl

Add me to to Eagles fanbase.

Also, is Madden 16 actually good, or is it just because it's the newest roster? I haven't bought a Madden since probably 08 because I wasn't noticing changes, but I kinda wanna play it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom