• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys have enviable depth at CB. 2 of the top 10 CB's in the AFC based on Ian Wharton's "burn percentage" stat:

CHUB1_yVEAAQcgh.png:large

Do you have the NFC version of this?

Tawpgun

Is there a separate thread for fantasy?

I'm in two leagues

Dorito Dinks in one, trying to think of another good name for the other one

Do you have the NFC version of this?
Sadly no. He was going to chart the NFC but I guess he decided not to for whatever reason. It's a neat project though, basically considers every passing play a CB takes part in and judges it as a win or loss. It doesn't even matter what the result of the play was or even if the WR was targeted, just simply looking at how well a CB operates in coverage. That's the layman's explanation but there is a little more to it than that.

Sadly no. He was going to chart the NFC but I guess he decided not to for whatever reason. It's a neat project though, basically considers every passing play a CB takes part in and judges it as a win or loss. It doesn't even matter what the result of the play was or even if the WR was targeted, just simply looking at how well a CB operates in coverage. That's the layman's explanation but there is a little more to it than that.

He seems to be doing a lot more college grading but he said he'll try to fit in weekly dolphin breakdowns.

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2015-cincinnati-bengals-1725399813

I can’t wait to watch Andy Dalton go 13-27 for 97 yards and 3 picks while AJ Green ponders the meaning of life after his next concussion because Dalton airmailed one 10 feet over his fucking head in front of a free safety in the annual first round playoff loss. The icing on the cake is when the camera pans to the sidelines to see Marvin Lewis, whose facial expression will once again match that of someone attempting to solve a long division problem after being out of school for 15 years.
Back when there was no hope, I couldn’t be let down.
Being a Bengals fan means having Browns fans telling you that your quarterback sucks and Steelers fans telling you that your team is full of criminals without a hint of irony yet having no way to argue with either of those facts. Being a Bengals fan means having to explain why you root for the team based in your state to Cowboys and Steelers fans in the same state who have no connection to the states in which those teams are based in, yet root for Ohio State football for some reason (I do love how those people do not enjoy being called out for the bandwagoners and frontrunners they truly are). Being a Bengals fan means having the 2009 AFC North sweep rendered meaningless by a first-round playoff loss. Being a Bengals fan means watching them beat the Steelers, Packers, Vikings (suck it, Magary!), and Patriots all in a sweet 11-5 regular season rendered meaningless by a first-round playoff loss.
It’s been so long since the Bengals last won a playoff game that it happened against the HOUSTON OILERS and the next week they lost to the LOS ANGELES RAIDERS ending Bo Jackson’s career in the process. I sound like my grandfather talking about Crazy Legs Hirsch. Now I’m 27 and I literally don’t know what it’s like to watch my team win an NFL playoff game. Chumbawamba has a more recent hit than the Bengals.
Andy Dalton has more Celebrity Softball home runs (2) than Playoff touchdowns (1).

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2015-pittsburgh-steelers-1725629956

Last year, a few friends and I went to down to Pittsburgh for the game against the Saints. At our tailgate (which was under a freeway underpass), the couple next to us (who were certainly Steelers fans) asked us if we had “heard of that Ferguson thing” (we’re from Canada). He then proceeded to enlighten us that “the next race war” would be between “the whites and the blacks”. It was a little bit awkward when our black and Indian friends rolled in about a half hour later.
The fans love to talk about “The Steeler Way” as if the team is above scrutiny. We’re more than happy to bury Tom Brady and Ray Rice, despite the fact that the ‘70s dynasty was built mostly because the Steelers figured out the value of steroids before everybody else. Also, in 1973 Ernie Holmes LITERALLY SHOT AT A POLICE HELICOPTER ON THE HIGHWAY and all he got was probation. Can you imagine if that happened today? The Ginger Hammer would need a transfusion to keep from passing out from all the blood rushing to his boner just thinking about punishing that. So many pizzas would go uneaten.

Our fans are old and bad and they don’t like new and good things. The song that gets us fired up is Renegade by Styx.
Only in Pittsburgh could Andrew Carnegie dispatch Henry Clay Frick to essentially beat his own striking workers into submission in the infamous 1892 Homestead Strike. Our city was kind enough to honor the 7 striking workers slain by Frick’s thugs by naming our largest municipal preserve Frick Park.
a few months ago, a colleague of mine tripped in front of Ben Roethlisberger and he laughed.
I love my city and I’m thankful for the sports successes we’ve had, but it embarrasses me every day to be associated with this seething latrine of a football community. An organization with a pretend moral compass that makes claim a proper way of doing things, and racist fans who eat up the bullshit and regurgitate it loudly to the masses, oblivious to their own terribleness...

You see where this is going, don’t you? That’s right. The Steelers are the St. Louis Cardinals of the NFL.

Except the Cardinals field nine players on defense, and I don’t think the Steelers have that many.

Fantomex

Preseason is always terrifying no matter who is starting on the o-line. The QB is going to take some hits as well as the rest of the team, plus you can have freak non-contact injuries like we got with Jordy Nelson and Kelvin Benjamin. Every time you step on the field it's a risk. I get that Tannehill will probably take more shots with Fox out but do you think he'd go 100% clean in 3 quarters even with Fox? That's why I think they should just see how it goes and pull the plug at the first sign of danger.

I think Tannehill needs these reps. He has never played in a game with Stills, Jennings, or Cameron so all of these plays are helping them build chemistry.

If Tannehill gets injured on his first hit in the game I will be super depressed but he's going to get hit in the preseason regardless.

He needs the reps, he's not that good. Last year it took him 16 games to get on the same page as his receivers. They got on the same page when they were all sent home for the playoffs.

Well, time to go pick up Madden.

superman-dad-death-reaction-Kevin-Costner-1387241798Q.gif

bionic77

You guys have enviable depth at CB. 2 of the top 10 CB's in the AFC based on Ian Wharton's "burn percentage" stat:

CHUB1_yVEAAQcgh.png:large
How is that stat calculated?

Average cb gets burned about a third of the time. If that is true you should just abandon the run and go balls deep on all 3 downs. Bruce Arians was right all along!

Average cb gets burned about a third of the time. If that is true you should just abandon the run and go balls deep on all 3 downs. Bruce Arians was right all along!

But maybe they only get burned a third of the time because a third of those passes are short. Arians is a fool! Unless we're talking about Bradley Fletcher. He got burned 100% on deep passes. At least that's how it felt.

Just looks at every pass play in coverage and grades it as a win or loss.

CCfQPyTW0AAEJ3U.png:large

Obviously there is going to be some subjectivity to what "win" or "loss" means but it's still pretty cool for what it is.

He's taking the crown this year, friend. It's do or die time in Dallas.

I don't agree. He's got a few years left and our defense needs to get better. Godgers beat us down last year on one leg. Our D-Line will be better this year but I still worry about the secondary.

At least if we get into the playoffs again DeFumbles Murray won't be there to give the game away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom