• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindl

I wonder if this was the Eagles or if this is another team?

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet11s12 seconds ago
Evan Mathis’ deal is worth $4mil with incentives. He turned a $5.5mil deal down from another team because he wanted to play for a contender

Hmmm don't really know how to explain that, but he couldn't turn down the Eagles because he was under contract, then cut right before TC. Unless I'm mistaking how the contracts work. Maybe someone offered an equivalent contract to what he had?

Godslay

Banned
Hmmm don't really know how to explain that, but he couldn't turn down the Eagles because he was under contract, then cut right before TC. Unless I'm mistaking how the contracts work. Maybe someone offered an equivalent contract to what he had?

Yeah, I'm just not sure if he's talking about the Eagles.

The Seahawks and the Chiefs were rumored to be in on him, I just wonder if they offered him an equivalent contract.

I'm sure more will come to light.

Hindl

The Seahawks and the Chiefs were rumored to be in on him, I just wonder if they offered him an equivalent contract.

Yeah we'll find out. But whatever, enjoy him Broncos are lucky, he's still crazy good and also has a great social media presence

TheFatOne

According to mathis himself on reddit Chiefs weren't in on him. Basically called out the reporter who was reporting that.

Godslay

Banned
Yeah we'll find out. But whatever, enjoy him Broncos are lucky, he's still crazy good and also has a great social media presence

Yeah, I'm real excited about this signing. I was happy with the OL going into the season, inexperienced from the Center to the Left Tackle. We will still have that inexperience at LT and C, but this really helps in terms of adding experience and make depth that much better.

The real problem was the depth. This helps significantly.

According to mathis himself on reddit Chiefs weren't in on him. Basically called out the reporter who was reporting that.

Yeah, I was reading through his account here:

https://www.reddit.com/user/evanmathis69

Didn't see what you mentioned, but I'll take your word for it.

E: NM found it.

Slo

Kluwe is still here. He and 487 of his alt accounts are perpetually validating each other's views on gay rights in the OT.

Line_HTX

"It's for the best of the team, so I'm just going to wait until my turn gets called."

20150822_texansbroncos_btc_29.jpg

Hunter S.

Yeah, I'm real excited about this signing. I was happy with the OL going into the season, inexperienced from the Center to the Left Tack

The real problem was the depth. This helps significantly.

Yeah, I was reading through his account here:

https://www.reddit.com/user/evanmathis69

Didn't see what you mentioned, but I'll take your word for it.

E: NM found it.
He said the Chiefs had "definate interest" but never offered him 18million over 4 years.

Also, good stuff. I am glad it is short term. He will have to perform to be resigned.

Godslay

Banned
He said the Chiefs had "definate interest" but never offered him 18million over 4 years.

Also, good stuff. I am glad it is short term. He will have to perform to be resigned.

Well it's good for us that they didn't get him!

Also, I think it's good that it's a 1 year deal. I think everything is going to be blown up for the most part next year. I want Peyton to play as long as he can, but I think this is the last year. I know he's signed for 2, however I think if we don't get it done this year it's time to move on.

RBH

082515_mercedes_stadium_kdj14.jpg

Now that the new Falcons stadium will officially be named for Mercedes-Benz, some fans are asking: What's going to happen to the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans?

The duplication could create an odd situation: the Saints, the Falcons’ division rival in the NFC South, already have the automaker’s name on their stadium.

Mercedes-Benz became the title sponsor of the Superdome in 2011 by signing a reported 10-year contract. Officials acknowledge the arrangement isn't ideal, but it isn't too concerning: The Falcons won't play in their new stadium until 2017.

“When we made that deal, we had no idea we were going to move to Atlanta, had no idea all of this was in our future,” Steve Cannon, Mercedes-Benz USA president and CEO, said Monday. “We will deal with that when the time comes."

“Obviously, having two stadiums in the same division — you wouldn’t plan it that way," he continued. "But sometimes opportunities come in a way that is just too good to turn down.”
http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/falcons-deal-whats-going-happen-saints-mercedes-be/nnQss/

So looks like there'll be that awkward overlap for 4 years, and then they won't renew their deal with the Superdome once 2021 comes around, in all likelihood.

Hunter S.

Well it's good for us that they didn't get him!

Also, I think it's good that it's a 1 year deal. I think everything is going to be blown up for the most part next year. I want Peyton to play as long as he can, but I think this is the last year. I know he's signed for 2, however I think if we don't get it done this year it's time to move on.
If Peyton stays healthy and performs as well as early last year. I think he deserves to play as long as he is well above the average QB. I do not think winning the Super Bowl should be a must for him to stay on, but winning at least one playoff game should be a must. Hell, he could easily be out this year if he is hit more. I am certainly prepaired mentally to move on too someone else.

lol Chiefs you lose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom