• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.
My two most favorite QB's in the league you fucks!

image.php
Your favorite QB is our backup. I didn't know The Franchise are backups.. Hehehe

squicken

I'm late on this but you seriously have the Falcons on this list? If you are serious then this going to be a pretty long list. If Ryan isn't a franchise QB, then about 75% of the league doesn't have a franchise QB. The Falcons have problems, but QB isn't one of them.

It's like arguing about Romo, who finally got the recognition he had always deserved last year. Ryan is a very good QB. Last year's Falcons may have had less talent than TB last year, with all the injuries

One of the drives that they scored on was a 72 yard drive. The other was 53.

One was mid-field, the other wasn't.

They had three redzone trips, and two punts.

Manning was 14/21 (67% completion rate), with 124 yards and 1 int.

Had Manning, like I pointed out in my glass half-full analysis made good throws, those three redzone trips would have all been TDs. DT was open on two, and Latimer dropped a ball that hit him in the hands.

Not to mention keeping your defense on the field for 2/3rds of a half.

Good defenses get off the field, not get trapped on the field and get bailed out by the other team's mistakes.

and had our defense been able to catch the ball, manning would have thrown 3+ picks. as for our defense being on the field 2/3rds of the first half, it doesn't help when your offense is going 3 and out consistently.

if the broncos offense performs like that in the regular season you won't be a playoff team. we had a guy making his first ever NFL start and didn't play at all last year who picked off manning and was effective against DT. not sure how thats satisfactory to you but it is preseason

Tom Penny

It's like arguing about Romo, who finally got the recognition he had always deserved last year. Ryan is a very good QB. Last year's Falcons may have had less talent than TB last year, with all the injuries

The Falcons offense scored zero points in a playoff game with Roddy White, Julio Jones and Tony Gonzales. He's another QB that shrinks when it's nut cutting time.

squicken

The Falcons offense scored zero points in a playoff game with Roddy White, Julio Jones and Tony Gonzales. He's another QB that shrinks when it's nut cutting time.

lol that Giants D destroyed everyone that postseason

And I just said he was "very good". Ryan's flaw is that his arm is somewhat weak. He can't stick throws in the cold or against good defenses. He would benefit a lot from a good run game, too.

tmdorsey

Agreed on both points.

He actually does the opposite most of the time. What happened in that playoff game was a product of poor game planning by the coaching staff at the time. They played right to the Giants strengths and our weaknesses.

Godslay

Banned
and had our defense been able to catch the ball, manning would have thrown 3+ picks. as for our defense being on the field 2/3rds of the first half, it doesn't help when your offense is going 3 and out consistently.

if the broncos offense performs like that in the regular season you won't be a playoff team. we had a guy making his first ever NFL start and didn't play at all last year who picked off manning and was effective against DT. not sure how thats satisfactory to you but it is preseason

What might have been. Too bad they didn't catch them, and too bad Peyton didn't hit wide open guys.

Your offense getting demolished doesn't change the fact that with two drives the Broncos carved out an entire quarter. 8:33 on one, and 6:12 on the other. That's trapping a defense on the field.

As far as the regular season and playoffs... if the defense plays like it has, it's less that Manning has to do. If we can play possession football like we did against the 9ers, I'm even less concerned. I have faith that Peyton will get it figured out. We won't have the Stars Wars numbers we've had in the past, simply because that's not the way Kubiak's offense strategy works.

Striker

lol that Giants D destroyed everyone that postseason

And I just said he was "very good". Ryan's flaw is that his arm is somewhat weak. He can't stick throws in the cold or against good defenses. He would benefit a lot from a good run game, too.
Every other team they faced at least scored 17 points or more.

Falcons main fuckup in their game was those short yardage calls and having Matt Ryan do the sneaks instead of handing it off to Michael Turner.

MechDX

Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF · 3m3 minutes ago
Top 10 Offensive Lines:
1. Cowboys
2. Ravens
3. Browns
4. Packers
5. Bengals
6. Eagles
7. Texans
8. Steelers
9. Lions
10. Saints

squicken

I really think Cleveland might be the most provincial sports city in the US. Can't think of anywhere else where being a local athlete matters more to the pro fans

http://www.espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=47081
Hey Tony: Can you envision a good year for OSU QB Cardale Jones in the Big 10 & College Playoffs and the Browns would offer a trade for T Joe Thomas or CB Joe Haden to move up into a front position in 2016 NFL to get Cardale? I would say to "mortgage the farm" for this franchise prospect? It could be a decade before another 6'5, 250 lb. QB with wheels & rifle arm could come along.

-- Kenny, Saybrook-on-the-Lake, OH

Hey Kenny: Personally, I am hoping that Urban Meyer chooses J.T. Barrett as his starting QB and Jones merely mops up in the blowout victories to come. That way, Jones may get shuffled behind Michigan State’s Connor Cook, USC’s Cody Kessler, California’s Jared Goff and Penn State’s Christian Hackenberg in the draft. That would perhaps enable the Browns to select Jones without having to move up in the draft. This would be a dream scenario. Jones does not need to start or put up a big year to be the Browns’ choice, in my opinion. His skills are not going to change if he comes off the bench and plays second fiddle to Barrett.

Cardale Jones fanfics from the beat writer in August

I really think Cleveland might be the most provincial sports city in the US. Can't think of anywhere else where being a local athlete matters more to the pro fans

I'll say this about cardale, he's funny to follow on Twitter. But it seems he might be a little immature. I could see maturity questions around him come draft time.....and I'm by even positive he'll start for Ohio state yet

It's simply because of how desperate the city is for a winner. If you think this is something.. It's nothing like it was for LeBron when he was in high school. I lived on the other side of the state (southeastern Ohio) and his games were televised over the local high school's

jakncoke

Banned
I'll say this about cardale, he's funny to follow on Twitter. But it seems he might be a little immature. I could see maturity questions around him come draft time.....and I'm by even positive he'll start for Ohio state yet

cant wait to see you loses use your 5th overall pick on him and then cry why you fucking suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom