• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godslay

Banned
Broncos didn't have much trouble driving on the Niners when Peyton was in the game.

The two sacks boned us, even with that said, the Broncos RBs (Hillman and CJ) whiffed on their blocks allowing Bowman uninhibited access to Peyton.

Peyton also threw away what would have amounted to three TDs. An under throw to DT which was deflected. An inside throw that should have been towards the back of the endzone to DT which was easily intercepted.

The last redzone mistake was a couple of errors combined to result in failure. The 9ers brought a massive blitz, which wasn't picked up correctly. Manning had a split second to decide who to throw to. He missed a wide open Daniels, and targeted Latimer. Who then proceeded to drop the pass.

The Broncos also had their way in terms of ball control. They held it for 20 minutes in the first half, and were over 50% on third downs.

Offense had a lot of slop in it, but still performed well against the 9ers. They just have to finish drives the right way.

You have to remember last night was an aberration with regards to the Oline. Denver has arguably two of the best OLBs in the game; not game planning for that is not what would happen in the regular season. But last night we were just lining up and running vanilla plays. One on one TE vs. Ware? Ah well. Silbermann wasn't great at pass blocking but he's a 6th rounder, so it's expected. Our line is not going to be one of the better units in the league.

And completely ignore the playcalling, preseason is always a weird hybrid between player evaluation, lineup tinkering and developing chemistry. Playcalling (especially pass plays) is pretty low on the priority list.

i just want to see quicker decisions from kap and i haven't seen that at all yet

Both those cities are national treasures. You're drunk you don't know what your talking about

About to tune in for a bit before I leave

Had to come back from 10 pts down in the 4th quarter with an offence that can't pass the ball. Needed some Browns-esque playcalling from my brother on the final drive to complete the comeback but who cares, 1-0 baby!

Also, Latavius da gawd

MechDX

Greg Bailey ‏@GregBailey13 · 6m6 minutes ago
JJ Watt and S Lechler try to throw a ball and hit the crossbar. It's hard from 20 yds. JJ just hit from 40. Then from 50. Unreal. #Texans

Do it BOB! Put 99 at QB!

#SaveUsJJ

Broncos didn't have much trouble driving on the Niners when Peyton was in the game.

The two sacks boned us, even with that said, the Broncos RBs (Hillman and CJ) whiffed on their blocks allowing Bowman uninhibited access to Peyton.

Peyton also threw away what would have amounted to three TDs. An under throw to DT which was deflected. An inside throw that should have been towards the back of the endzone to DT which was easily intercepted.

The last redzone mistake was a couple of errors combined to result in failure. The 9ers brought a massive blitz, which wasn't picked up correctly. Manning had a split second to decide who to throw to. He missed a wide open Daniels, and targeted Latimer. Who then proceeded to drop the pass.

The Broncos also had their way in terms of ball control. They held it for 20 minutes in the first half, and were over 50% on third downs.

Offense had a lot of slop in it, but still performed well against the 9ers. They just have to finish drives the right way.

your starting offense scored 6 points against us. both of the drives you got points on started near mid-field. we also had a couple more picks in the bag that were dropped. i don't think our defense played great and that is why i think we'll be fine. we weren't even on our A game and basically handled your offense. peypey YPA was 5.9, not good. we also got you in a ton of 3rd and long situations. not sure if we were watching the same game or its the same ol godslay half glass full analysis!

squicken

Do it BOB! Put 99 at QB!

#SaveUsJJ

I thought in Hard Knocks, when he was throwing accurately to dudes in the second level, that it was clear he was also the team's best QB. But since he is also the best goal line WR, FB and TE, BoB has to choose where to play him

When will BG be saddest this season? Week 3?
Week 3 is when I'll be super disrespectful
anigif_enhanced-buzz-19073-1377545381-4.gif

MechDX

I thought in Hard Knocks, when he was throwing accurately to dudes in the second level, that it was clear he was also the team's best QB. But since he is also the best goal line WR, FB and TE, BoB has to choose where to play him

His talent is truly amazing.

MRSA

Banned
I discovered yesterday I'm within walking distance of a 24/7 one. I'm so happy

I got a frozen french vanilla coolata and it was delicious, would recommend

This sounds repulsive. Still better than what Spinfuck can fuck up in hi EZ Bake.

my beers are well rated and have arent watered down beer you dumb fuck raiders fan, you drink coors light you idiot.

You English is worse than most ESL students.

Week 3 is when I'll be super disrespectful
anigif_enhanced-buzz-19073-1377545381-4.gif

Disrespecting yourself. Smh

tmdorsey

I am going to start a group for fans of all teams without a franchise QB. Fans of the following teams get founders status:

Houston Texans
Cleveland Browns
Buffalo Bills
NY Jets
Atlanta Falcons

All fans later petitioning to enter will be voted on

I'm late on this but you seriously have the Falcons on this list? If you are serious then this going to be a pretty long list. If Ryan isn't a franchise QB, then about 75% of the league doesn't have a franchise QB. The Falcons have problems, but QB isn't one of them.

MechDX

I'm late on this but you seriously have the Falcons on this list? If you are serious then this going to be a pretty long list. If Ryan isn't a franchise QB, then about 75% of the league doesn't have a franchise QB. The Falcons have problems, but QB isn't one of them.

It was a joke. trying to rile up RBH so I could avatar quote him.

Looking forward to Texans/Falcons this season.

Can't have one with me, I can't change my avy until February.

Must be Bowser, Crisco, or Talamius

It was Bowser then

Godslay

Banned
your starting offense scored 6 points against us. both of the drives you got points on started near mid-field. we also had a couple more picks in the bag that were dropped. i don't think our defense played great and that is why i think we'll be fine. we weren't even on our A game and basically handled your offense. peypey YPA was 5.9, not good. we also got you in a ton of 3rd and long situations. not sure if we were watching the same game or its the same ol godslay half glass full analysis!

One of the drives that they scored on was a 72 yard drive. The other was 53.

One was mid-field, the other wasn't.

They had three redzone trips, and two punts.

Manning was 14/21 (67% completion rate), with 124 yards and 1 int.

Had Manning, like I pointed out in my glass half-full analysis made good throws, those three redzone trips would have all been TDs. DT was open on two, and Latimer dropped a ball that hit him in the hands.

Not to mention keeping your defense on the field for 2/3rds of a half.

Good defenses get off the field, not get trapped on the field and get bailed out by the other team's mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom