• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2015-san-diego-chargers-1723853194

Five centers started for us last year. Fucking five.

Last year, after having about a roughly 1% chance of making the playoffs at some point in the season, the Chargers made a comeback that coincided with all of the right teams losing in the last week (note: this miraculous situation included the Jets beating the Dolphins in the last week). With all of the pieces set in motion, all the Chargers had to do was beat the Chase Daniel-led Chiefs. They lost.

The Chargers might be having the worst offseason in NFL history. This team can’t even get to OTA’s without completely shitting the bed, to wit:

1. The Franchise QB is so over the team he doesn’t even want a contract extension.

2. The team publicly pissed off the captain of their Defense by not offering him an extension and giving a huge contract to Corey Liuget at the same time.

3. They play in the second-most dilapidated stadium in the NFL, and are so desperate for new digs they’re willing to move in with the RAIDERS to a stadium in Carson. Carson is like Vinci without the opulence.

4. Their other star offensive player just got hit with a 4-game PED suspension.

I’ve been a fan of this team my whole life (I’m your age). This team got blown out of one Super Bowl, and hasn’t even really smelled one since. The best player they ever had is best remembered for riding an exercise bike. This team has played almost 50 NFL seasons without winning a single title. That is hard to do.

The ownership is so bad at PR that almost two-thirds of the city would rather they leave than spend ANY public money to keep them, me included. And why would anyone want to keep them? They’ve squandered LT’s entire career, and now Marmalard’s entire career, with just a handful of playoff wins. We live in the best city to play football in (especially in winter), but haven’t hosted a Super Bowl in well over a decade, and will never host one again.

The team’s greatest moments all end with shocking, incredible shit-the-bed moments of unbelievable stupidity. The best this team ever was in 2006, they lost because Marlon McCree wouldn’t take a goddamn knee after intercepting the ball. The list of playoff choking goes on forever: Nate Kaeding’s incredible ineptitude in the playoffs, Vincent Jackson kicking the flag. This team snatches defeat from the jaws of victory on a regular basis.

So, the 2015 Chargers are looking at their last season with Rivers, Weddle, and Gates. It could be their last season in San Diego, and they could be lame ducks as soon as December, when the NFL votes to see who gets to move. When I take the long view, and try to figure out if the Chargers have brought me more joy or anguish, I know the answer is anguish. I know that I’ll be better off if they leave, (because like most San Diegans, I cannot root for any LA team).

That’s how much the Chargers suck, my fandom feels more like a prison, and I look at their moving to LA as a reprieve.

So the owner gives the City two choices:

1. Screw your city over by building a stadium that you can’t afford in a place where you don’t want it, or

2. We’ll screw the city over by leaving for a place San Diego despises and move in with their biggest rival.

And I am supposed to continue supporting them? That’s fucked up.

The team actively despises its fans - they bought land in LA, posted a job that requires the flexibility to move to LA, and employing a lying, blowhard mouthpiece whose hobbies likely include stealing candy from kids when he’s not talking shit about the mayor.

Qualcomm Stadium is at this point, a toilet, and is literally falling apart. You walk around looking up to make sure you don’t walk under an area that’s dripping some type of fluid out of the cracks in the concrete.

So where does this team end up? Who gives a shit. My HDTV signal is excellent.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
11873728_10153627545564171_5848587922929140055_n.jpg

That all breaks down at the texans which they ignore when Fitz gets injured

Godslay

Banned
They had to over pay Orlando Franklin to get him from the Broncos.

That is actually an interesting read. I almost feel bad for them. Raiders and Chargers together like brothers . lol

Orlando is good.

Maybe athletic enough to be in the ZBS, probably not though.

Probably a better guard than a tackle.

I would have paid him to stay on if he was a sure scheme fit. As it stood, he was a scheme and money towards bigger name victim.

Hunter S.

Orlando is good.

Maybe athletic enough to be in the ZBS, probably not though.

Probably a better guard than a tackle.

I would have paid him to stay on if he was a sure scheme fit. As it stood, he was a scheme and money towards bigger name victim.

Well, I was thinking more how Denver took Louis Vasquez from them for less money. Vasquez is statistically better than Franklin.

I wouldn't have minded if he stayed. The current line seems very questionable. Max Garcia is a big question mark to me as a starter.

Godslay

Banned
Well, I was thinking more how Denver took Louis Vasquez from them for less money. Vasquez is statistically better than Franklin.

I wouldn't have minded if he stayed. The current line seems very questionable. Max Garcia is a big question mark to me as a starter.

Vasquez was a steal. He's a special player at RG.

We'll find out how this line forms real quick. Good part is that it's backed with vets who can do it in a pinch.

I'm not worried yet. Come week 5 or so and they are still shitty, then I'll question it. Not worried so much about Paradis and Garcia as I am Sambrailo. Largely because his position is likely the most important on the line.

Watch and wait is all we can do!

Colasante

Pretty excited for today's preseason game. I hope that Brady doesn't play at all, though I know he wants to. Looking forward to seeing the rookies. Want to see how Shaq Mason performs in pass protection, where and how they use Geneo Grissom, how Jordan Richards holds up in coverage, and if Darryl Roberts can carry his great training camp to the field.

Sanjuro

Pretty excited for today's preseason game. I hope that Brady doesn't play at all, though I know he wants to. Looking forward to seeing the rookies. Want to see how Shaq Mason performs in pass protection, where and how they use Geneo Grissom, how Jordan Richards holds up in coverage, and if Darryl Roberts can carry his great training camp to the field.

I thought it was confirmed Brady was out.

I want to see Sheard.

Hunter S.

Vasquez was a steal. He's a special player at RG.

We'll find out how this line forms real quick. Good part is that it's backed with vets who can do it in a pinch.

I'm not worried yet. Come week 5 or so and they are still shitty, then I'll question it. Not worried so much about Paradis and Garcia as I am Sambrailo. Largely because his position is likely the most important on the line.

Watch and wait is all we can do!

Nothing but good things to read about Sambrailo, but of course it is hard to say.

I wish I was not too busy working and I could go to the training camp.

jbug617

Banned
JJ Watt diet

@SportsCenter: J.J. Watt's meal plan includes 50 slices of bacon, 20 chicken breasts & 13 whole avocados to reach 9,000 calories

"I love brunch," Watt said. "Brunch is my favorite meal. I went there, had brunch, had a massive potato pancake omelet, which is an omelet inside a potato pancake. Then I had stuffed French toast with berries and stuff. My cheat meals aren't even that exciting. That was my cheat meal. The omelet is still pretty darn healthy. The stuffed French toast was the cheat meal, but that was delicious."

He loves barbecue, too.

Watt has struck up a friendship with local chef Ronnie Killen, owner of Killen's Barbecue, named one of America's top five barbecue joints by Food Network. When Watt eats lean, Killen sends him smoked turkey and lean cuts of brisket. Going into Killen's Barbecue isn't an option during non-cheat times because Watt has trouble resisting carrot cake, banana pudding and bread pudding.
http://espn.go.com/blog/houston-tex...xans-jj-watt-eats-up-to-9000-calories-to-fuel

Line_HTX

Mmmm... bacon and chicken breastsss...

Killen's Barbecue is good, but man... Killen's Steakhouse is foodgasm~ Best dry-aged I've ever had.

Colasante

He should play. He is going to have 4 weeks off during the regular season.

It doesn't make any sense to play him when Jimmy Garoppolo needs the in-game reps in case he plays in the regular season and Brady would be playing behind a backup left tackle, center, right tackle, and two rookie guards, one of whom is not experienced in pass protection.

Spinluck

Holy shit. That dude that got fired from Nintendo racked up $100,000 in debt for an English degree? Are you kidding me? How?

Bitch, I'll buy like 4 books off of Amazon and learn my English. Gtfo!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom