• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Jameill Showers era in Dallas is dawning

pbVdXF1.jpg

Russell 2.0

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
He needs to play more not even close to painful.

He was with the pats for years, every year was hyped going into the pre-season and he would constantly dig the ball into the ground. I'm not saying he won't be decent or even have a shot at having a good career (personally don't think so), however he was a tough watch any time he was out there, outside of his debut he never flashed. Pre-season means absolutely nothing, there is so much random personell being filtered in and out, trying out new plays, bubble guys, etc. So I'm curious to see how it goes come regular season for him.

Line_HTX

It's OK. Jimmy will play the 2nd and 3rd game worthy of being a quality starter and then everyone will forget about Tom.

Jimmy looks better anyways. :p

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
he can defintely get better.

but we all do not want that.

Some QBs can't get better. Sometimes what you see is what you get. They can be game managers like Alex Smith but the elite QBs in the league are naturally gifted. Arm strength, accuracy, pocket presence cannot be taught.

On that note:

Matthew Stafford's day over after one crisp drive against Jets

DETROIT -- Anticipation is building for what the Detroit Lions' offense will look like in Year 2 of the scheme.

So far, so good.

Quarterback Matthew Stafford led Detroit on a five-play, 71-yard touchdown drive to open the preseason Thursday night against the New York Jets. He attempted two passes, both to Golden Tate, and completed both for a combined 57 yards.

That included a nifty 35-yard touchdown pass that, of course, featured some great work from Tate after the catch.

And just like that, Stafford's day was over. (Checking in at a cool 158.3 passer rating.)

The Lions, just hoping to get out of this game healthy and with some confidence, could not have drawn it up any better.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2015/08/matthew_staffords_day_over_aft.html

cajunator

Banned
Driver called in sick at 4 am. Start time is 4:30 am.
Loads are planned by 3:30 am. Way to fuck me over at the last minute on the busiest weekday, driver.

minx

Mmmmm, only thing good about a redeye to Atlanta is the Popeyes chicken biscuit for breakfast.

I'm going to have to try out Popeyes after the honeymoon. Is it any better than Jewels fried chicken or Churches? I feel like it's not and it will be yet another overhyped thing on here.

Liked what I saw from the Dolphins starters last night. Solid work on both sides of the ball. After that, SHOCKING NEWS, McLeod Bethel-Thompson and Josh Freeman are trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom