• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaYotiX

Banned
I am not very good haha. You need someone with ups like Greg.

Hey Narag, how goes it? I recently bought Lunar: Eternal Blue on ps1 and may end up going through it at some point. Somehow I had never played it. I'm assuming you've played it through? Better or worse than Silver Star?

Silver Star is better but Eternal Blue is still great, I have both CEs on my shelf atm. Only PS1 games I kept, I love them so much.

1385202140613471265.png

I can't believe this is real

Dragon

Banned
Dragon you still in Charlotte?

Yeah I live uptown. Moved within the last few months from Plaza Midwood. You're in Manhattan right?

Silver Star is better but Eternal Blue is still great

Cool, looking forward to it! Really wish Sony would at least get ps1 classics on PS4, my PS3 is still in its box from my recent move.

1385202140613471265.png

I can't believe this is real

The Rhythm's gonna get ya.

Narag

Hey Narag, how goes it? I recently bought Lunar: Eternal Blue on ps1 and may end up going through it at some point. Somehow I had never played it. I'm assuming you've played it through? Better or worse than Silver Star?

It's going and I'm terrible about playing the games I buy. Have the sega cd version of the first, the ps1 version of the first and then that eternal blue release and I've never made time for them.

Dragon

Banned
It's going and I'm terrible about playing the games I buy. Have the sega cd version of the first, the ps1 version of the first and then that eternal blue release and I've never made time for them.

Oh I thought your name was based on Silver Star.

dragon wasn't even here when the pats won the super bowl what kind of fan is he

I left once the Pats hate caused a buffer overflow around here. Still it was after the SB win. It may have been that night or the next day.

Pepiope

Sounds like it might be a sports hernia. He's meeting with Dr. Meyers today. Cross your fingers he doesn't need surgery.
Les BowenVerified account
‏@LesBowen
Ertz will have a procedure on a minor groin tear, teammates say. Not as serious as what Jason Kelce went through last season.

squicken

I use a Drobo, it's pretty nice but my buddy uses a Synology and I'd recommend that over the Drobo. The Drobo's processor cannot transcode anything well, so I end up having to use Handbrake to do it manually.

I've basically narrowed it down to doing it myself of going Synology. As much as it seems a hefty premium over DIY, their ease of use is hard to beat

Bowser

Yeah I live uptown. Moved within the last few months from Plaza Midwood. You're in Manhattan right?

Cool, how do you like living uptown?

Yep, still in Manhattan. 5 years strong now.

BTW, for those wondering about Sunday Ticket streaming with a student ID - all you need is an actual student's name and DOB. I used my little brother's school, name, and DOB to verify myself as a student, then signed up with a Yahoo! email account and used my regular credit card (even though the billing address was in NYC and not NC).

$99 and I've got Sunday Ticket streaming for the whole season!

Spinluck

BTW, for those wondering about Sunday Ticket streaming with a student ID - all you need is an actual student's name and DOB. I used my little brother's school, name, and DOB to verfify myself as a student, then signed up with a Yahoo! email account and used by regular credit card (even though the billing address was in NYC and not NC).

How do you afford Manhattan

Dragon

Banned

Uptowns cool. I usually end up in NoDa or Plaza though. I'm 32, most of the bars around here are for younger peeps.

Cool, I was just in NY on my way up to Montreal for a festival. Stayed near Kips Bay. Can't beat the city!

Hunter S.

*Sigh* I have to go to NFl.com to to get any real discussion on the AFC West. It seems the Chiefs and Chargers fans do not exist here.

bionic77

BTW, for those wondering about Sunday Ticket streaming with a student ID - all you need is an actual student's name and DOB. I used my little brother's school, name, and DOB to verify myself as a student, then signed up with a Yahoo! email account and used my regular credit card (even though the billing address was in NYC and not NC).

For $99 I am going to get it even if I don't use it.

Colasante

Rufus Johnson got a +7.6 grade from Pro Football Focus for last night's game. Too bad he probably won't make the roster since the Patriots are fairly stacked at defensive end with Jones, Ninkovich, Sheard, Flowers, and Grissom. Hopefully he can make it through to the practice squad.

Dragon

Banned
I've basically narrowed it down to doing it myself of going Synology. As much as it seems a hefty premium over DIY, their ease of use is hard to beat

I mean it'd be kinda fun to do the project yourself. What OS would you be running? Basically my Drobo just runs Plex and Samba, so it was a bit of an overpay with that in mind.

*Sigh* I have to go to NFl.com to to get any real discussion on the AFC West. It seems the Chiefs and Chargers fans do not exist here.

Yeah that sucks :/. How are the NFL.com message boards?

jakncoke

Banned
I mean it'd be kinda fun to do the project yourself. What OS would you be running? Basically my Drobo just runs Plex and Samba, so it was a bit of an overpay with that in mind.

probably close to espn aka terrible and filled with kas like characters and very little reality posting

Rufus Johnson got a +7.6 grade from Pro Football Focus for last night's game. Too bad he probably won't make the roster since the Patriots are fairly stacked at defensive end with Jones, Ninkovich, Sheard, Flowers, and Grissom. Hopefully he can make it through to the practice squad.
It would be great to have rotation at D end for once.

Dragon

Banned
probably close to espn aka terrible and filled with kas like characters and very little reality posting

Not surprising. I used to post on espn message boards when I was younger all the time. There was a mass exodus when they hired an outside company to change the boards to have tons and tons of AJAX which made the user experience completely awful.

squicken

Connecting devices would be pretty much everything; OSX, Windows, Android and iOS. We have a very progressive household ;)

As far as the NAS, the only thing I've ruled out is FreeNAS. Hardware requirements really make it so that you don't save any money, and all the extra features I really don't need. I just need it for video streaming and data storage

Hunter S.

I just signed up so it is hard to know. I like it because everyone uses their facebook pic instead of some anime avatar. I want to know what the Raider fans I am virtually bitch slapping in the face look like. lol

Godslay

Banned

Well we have ShaneB and a couple other nonreg Chiefs fans.

Nightz used to post here but I think gata drove him away iirc. User33 and Nori are Charger guys too.

MRSA, OfficerRob, and Mackenzie are Raider guys.

I'm sure there are some I missed.

Dragon

Banned
Connecting devices would be pretty much everything; OSX, Windows, Android and iOS. We have a very progressive household ;)

As far as the NAS, the only thing I've ruled out is FreeNAS. Hardware requirements really make it so that you don't save any money, and all the extra features I really don't need. I just need it for video streaming and data storage

Hmm, interesting. My next NAS I think I want to wait until SSD prices come down even further. If you haven't been on avsforum, I would definitely check out it. I believe there's also a GAF thread too. Building yourself is exciting though, I'd be interested to hear what you settle on.

I just signed up so it is hard to know. I like it because everyone uses their facebook pic instead of some anime avatar. I want to know what the Raider fans I am virtually bitch slapping in the face look like. lol

Haha jeez. I can see how that could be a very bad thing during games...

Hunter S.

Nightz used to post here but I think gata drove him away iirc. User33 and Nori are Charger guys too.

I know. My post is meant to draw out lurkers. Thanks, brah.

jakncoke

Banned

Still forget ShaneB went to the Chefs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom