• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

Not enough hours in the day to turn a QB on that roster into someone serviceable.

Or you can just have a coach who you know.....know's how to coach and actually game plan to his QBs strength and weakness.

Almost tempted to make an off season avatar bet on Texans having a better record than the Dolphins

Almost

Ebenezer Samuel ‏@ebenezersamuel 2m2 minutes ago Covington, KY
Giants released players not expected to play tonight. Starts with Victor Cruz. Also: Berhe, Chykie Brown, Beatty, Schwartz, McClain, Prince

Two O-Line starters out tonight against a good Bengals D-line. Should be enlightening.

Or you can just have a coach who you know.....know's how to coach and actually game plan to his QBs strength and weakness.

Almost tempted to make an off season avatar bet on Texans having a better record than the Dolphins

Almost

You have an awful lot of confidence an unproven QB and Coach.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Gotor are you trying to get me to stop drinking any time I mention it you make a comment of this nature. Is the wittle gotor worried by jaks alcoholism ?

Ye, if texans finish with 1 to 4 wins i win, 5+ he wins

you lost that then lol

Some quick notes on the Lions/Jets preseason game. I stopped watching shortly after the first quarter (in order to watch the True Detective finale lol).

Offense:
-Stafford looked good, especially on the TD throw. High enough to avoid the DB/LB, not too high for Tate. Good throw
-O Line looked good but obviously this is just preseason.
-Ameer Abdullah will probably be OROY. The offense is perfectly set up for a guy like that. The box will never be loaded due to Megatron and Tate, plus Ebron will also be getting attention. When Reggie Bush was healthy he managed to get 1000 yards in that type of running role. I don't know if Abdullah is faster than Bush (probably not) but he's a far better pass catcher. I could see him getting 1000 yards in some form or fashion - 500 rushing, 500 receiving for instance.
-Lance Moore looked good. I could see him making the team which is probably bad news for Ryan Broyles...

Defense:
-Can't tell much about the D Line without Ngata but Caruan Reed looks good.
-Ansah could have a great year at DE but I've read he struggled against double teams in training camp. He looked good last night but nothing amazing
-The Lions have a top 5 LB core in the NFL folks. Levy, Tulluch, Whitehead, plus Van Noy for depth. And Travis Lewis seems to be coming along too.

ST:
-I hope TJ Jones can beat out Jeremy Ross. Ross isn't a bad returner (not particularly good either) but he's a fucking waste at WR.

MechDX

You have an awful lot of confidence an unproven QB and Coach.

Better coach than Philbin the Sackless

Texans defense is going to be really damn good barring injuries of course. The only peraon here who is seeing that is SF2fanatic

A combo of Polk and Blue will negate Arians time he is out

Almost
If you have an average or worse QB you need an exceptional defense to win it all. Period. No one is going to scheme their way to a SB with Brian Hoyer or Ryan Mallet playing QB unless the defense is giving up 15 points per game or so. Texans had a piss easy schedule last year and gave up 19.2. I'm not saying it's impossible but it sure as hell ain't likely.

I like that you are positive about your team going into the year. I have no problem with that. Have I ever even made a prediction about what the Texans record would be? I could see them sneaking into the playoffs, crazier things have happened. However, none of that changes the fact that they have one of the worst QB situations in the NFL.

Bread

Banned
captive shame on you for making a bet with this helpless drunk, you know he barely has enough money to get himself drunk off of MD 20/20 and you're making him buy you a bottle of jack?

jakncoke

Banned
Having people on the ignore list is fine, telling people who's on it is really weird and pointless drama though

NFLGAF deserves finer disrespect

Youre wrong and its because of your disability fandom as being a Ravens fan thus why I have taxes taken out to help people like you.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Only person I've ever ignored was konka when he got super drunk in Ireland and decided to post 10,000 copies of the same picture one night. I think I unignored him a few hours later.

Never have been. I would like to think if you were not a fucking Colts fan we would be best friends

Bear in mind he shoots his best friends in the back in elevators and yells at them for getting his Whataburger order wrong.

jakncoke

Banned
Only person I've ever ignored was konka when he got super drunk in Ireland and decided to post 10,000 copies of the same picture one night. I think I unignored him a few hours later.

konka posting blurry creep shots of places he was at to seem cool hip and relevant while reminding people of the age and importance was the most lol and pathetic thing

Bear in mind he shoots his best friends in the back in elevators and yells at them for getting his Whataburger order wrong.

Or kidnaps them and keeps them in a basement

RIP Chris.trejo

Godslay

Banned
I have nobody on the ignore list.

I'd like to see 1 week ban bets comeback as well.

I think if Mech believes in the Texans, and has the sack then put it on the table!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom