• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT2| - Second verse same as the first

Milchjon

Thank you. I had to take 3 years of it in college. I hate fucking adjective endings and shit. Say what you will about English because I know it's hard to learn. We got rid of that shit and the world is a better place for it.

Y'all at least in German just keep the English word and add the in front of it. instead of the goddamn French trying to take every English word and making it French. That's why German is spoken more in the world than French and your language will die you fools mwhahahaha

Don't actually think so

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_total_number_of_speakers

Also, the French take more pride in their language. Pretty much any young German will be able to converse in English to some degree (often to the point of annyoing people trying to learn German), while I've been to student parties in Paris where I'd struggle to find anyone who could say more than a few words.

Dragon

Banned
Your memory is garbage.

First of all Osama died wearing a Brady jersey. This is well known.

Secondly, what city did those terrorist filled planes fly out of? I am pretty sure this conspiracy to destroy America did not fly out of JFK or LAX....

There were four planes on 9/11 that were hijacked. Two flew out of Logan Airport, one flew out of Washington Dulles and one flew out of Newark.

As much as I enjoy the back and forth bionic, I think you're going a bit over the line with this line of inquiry...

Milchjon

Problem with French is less about the language, but the pronounciation.

I've never had a single second of formal French, but I can follow a lot of written texts for some reason. But I don't think I've ever managed to pronounce a full sentence in a way a French person would understand.

The language seems to have the weakest link between written and spoken language of all the ones I've encountered using the Latin alphabet. Makes zero sense to me.

Edit: Russian is the opposite. Once you've figured out the alphabet, it seems to be real hard to pronounce a word in a way that isn't understandable. Very few silent characters and other confusing shit.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1105565

Not even bionic could hate this, despite its full on Muricanism.
agxf01.gif

Windsor: Stafford showing poise, maturity, leadership

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2015/08/31/detroit-lions-matthew-stafford/71443386/

Itshappeningisntit.gif

Dallas had a defense, and was in the playoffs. So while that technically makes them a "playoff defense", they aren't what you would call a Playoff Defense, if you catch my drift. The following week Rodgers picked us apart with one leg. I don't care if Dez makes that catch, Rodgers would have had enough time for two touchdown drives if he had needed it.

bionic77

There were four planes on 9/11 that were hijacked. Two flew out of Logan Airport, one flew out of Washington Dulles and one flew out of Newark.

As much as I enjoy the back and forth bionic, I think you're going a bit over the line with this line of inquiry...
it is distasteful.

Lets look back and see who first brought it up...

Well, I'm pretty sure the guys who did 9/11 disliked patriots almost as much as you do.

Don't actually think so

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_total_number_of_speakers

Also, the French take more pride in their language. Pretty much any young German will be able to converse in English to some degree (often to the point of annyoing people trying to learn German), while I've been to student parties in Paris where I'd struggle to find anyone who could say more than a few words.

They are. They freaked the fuck out when one of their ministers said she'd speak German at a EU event.. They got butthurt like all hell. I believed booed Sarkosy off a stage because of the way he talked at one point.

French may die a slow death in Europe (outside of France and a few place) More likely to be speaking German or English in Europe than others.

French's best hope to keep the language alive is strangely Africa where they foster the hell out of language development in their former colonies. I will give France this.. They (unlike England)does give more of a flying fuck about their foreign colonies. They've helped the Senegalese and others fight Boko Haram and El-Shabab

Also because you were nice.. I will compliment the patriots. Mike Vrabel is awesome

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Your German is about as shoddy as the Wells Report.

To be serious for a second, I think you're on a good way! I would never wanna discourage anyone from using a language, and I definitely got the gist of it.

Just remembered that my German professors assured me that you're fighting an incredible amount of pressure to correct every little mistake in his German.

We were taught that nearly all Germans are grammar....er...nazis.

Milchjon

Just remembered that my German professors assured me that you're fighting an incredible amount of pressure to correct every little mistake in his German.

We were taught that nearly all Germans are grammar....er...nazis.

Well, yeah.

Although I've found that in almost any situation I've encountered, native speakers almost always have the hardest time understanding someone talking their language. Like in a group talking in English, the guy from Russia or Spain would have no problem understanding the German, while the Brit would struggle. And it's even worse in France. If your pronounciation is the tiniest bit off, they will simply not understand you. Or at least pretend to.

bionic77

Real talk.

After listening to Hardcore History's amazing and brilliant episode on World War 1, I have to admit I am seeing the Germans in a different light altogether. While they were total assholes in WW2, it is pretty amazing that they took on the whole world in two world wars and held their own and almost won the first time and on both occasions were destroyed into a fine film of nothing after each war and yet were able to recover and become stronger after each defeat. Most countries and people would crumble and go away after those kind of defeats.

Germans seem to be amazing people and it is a pretty amazing country.

Not as great as America which has the benefit of getting all of the awesomest people from every country, but for a filthy european country I have to acknowledge that Germany is not to be fucked with.

Godslay

Banned
Real talk.

After listening to Hardcore History's amazing and brilliant episode on World War 1, I have to admit I am seeing the Germans in a different light altogether. While they were total assholes in WW2, it is pretty amazing that they took on the whole world in two world wars and held their own and almost won the first time and on both occasions were destroyed into a fine film of nothing after each war and yet were able to recover and become stronger after each defeat. Most countries and people would crumble and go away after those kind of defeats.

Not as great as America which has the benefit of getting all of the awesomest people from every country, but for a filthy european country I have to acknowledge that Germany is not to be fucked with.

Had they had a leader that would have left his generals to actually carry out their plans it would be a different world.

That and the Japanese not pulling the US into it. Although I'm sure we would have jumped in the moment the Germans tried to take the UK.

Real talk.

During that time period.. Germany, hands fucking down was the most advanced country on the planet. They had the most advanced tech and knew it. It's not really true that Germany was destroyed in WW1. The allies had never set foot in the country.

That's part of the reason why average Germans were fucking pissed because why were we surrendering? No French swine here. That's part of the reason why WW2 happened. If you wanna read about the biggest badass in history. Look at Bismarck, he makes Nixon, Jackson, Eisenhower look like a pussies. He pretty much single-handedly created the country today.

(This is why I'm 30000 dollars in debt boys and girls. History major with a poli Sci minor.)

JABEE

Most of America hates the Pats and thinks that they are cheaters.

Are you calling us terrorists?

Please let me know what dirty communist country you are from so I can tell Obama where to send the freedom drone.

Fascists would call someone promoting Freedom and Justice a terrorist!

bionic77

Watching Monster Squad on the second screen in the background while I do some work and post here.

And in the first 10 minutes the dumb brother from Wonder Years drops the f-bomb like 3 times as a slur for a fat kid. Not fuck brothers, the other f word. The one that will get you banned here for a long time.

Milchjon

Real talk.

I'm not eloquent enough to put this into the right words right now, but I think it's impossible to overestimate the impact of WW2 on our society. It was basically a reboot in a lot of ways. Like if you go to Russia or France or Britain or the US, it feels like you can see the "historical thread" going back many centuries, with stuff that has happened in maybe the 18th or 19th century still very much influencing their identity in very tangible ways. Whereas in Germany, WW2 was really a cut off point. Maybe most importantly, it marked the end of taking pride in your country and its history, which I haven't seen in any country in the same way.

Of course, we have older works of art, architecture and science that survived as part of our national identity. But politically, anything before the 50s basically only serves as a bad example. Our national holiday celebrates the unification in 1990, not something like 4th of July in the States or 14th of July in France, which go back centuries. Or stuff like military parades, which I've never seen happening here.

But I'm not sure this holds up to closer scrutiny. It's only what it feels like to me.

Edit: HOW THE FUCK IS IT 4 AM ALREADY

Had they had a leader that would have left his generals to actually carry out their plans it would be a different world.

That and the Japanese not pulling the US into it. Although I'm sure we would have jumped in the moment the Germans tried to take the UK.

Germany was fucked when Rommel lost to Montgomery in Africa. Hitler didn't really start getting involved till much later in the war (ie invade Russia and to be fair to that, they needed the oil because they had run dangerously low if Rommel hadn't fucked up in Africa, Stalingrad never happens and Stalin happily fucks off because he gets everything wants) Germany was never going to take the UK. No one has taken it in 1000 years (1066) and they knew it. Hence why they tried to bomb everything. The German economy under hitler and the nazis was under a military Keynesianism that needed them to go and throat punch all the small countries like Romania and shit to keep their army and subsequently their economy moving.

The U.S would have joined the war without Pearl Harbor I think eventually. FDR wanted to do it so fucking bad and tried to indirectly help the Allies with Lend-Lease (another big reason why the Nazis lost. I always laugh when I read about Yalta and Stalin actually thanking FDR for lend-lease and was the reason why they won in Russia)

Plus he ultimately wanted to force the axis to declare war on the US by play hardball with the Japanese. Guess what bitches... No oil for you and that pissed them off.

I'm not eloquent enough to put this into the right words right now, but I think it's impossible to overestimate the impact of WW2 on our society. It was basically a reboot in a lot of ways. Like if you go to Russia or France or Britain or the US, it feels like you can see the "historical thread" going back many centuries, with stuff that has happened in maybe the 18th or 19th century still very much influencing their identity in very tangible ways. Whereas in Germany, WW2 was really a cut off point. Maybe most importantly, it marked the end of taking pride in your country and its history, which I haven't seen in any country in the same way.

Of course, we have older works of art, architecture and science that survived as part of our national identity. But politically, anything before the 50s basically only serves as a bad example. Our national holiday celebrates the unification in 1990, not something like 4th of July in the States or 14th of July in France, which go back centuries. Or stuff like military parades, which I've never seen happening here.

But I'm not sure this holds up to closer scrutiny. It's only what it feels like to me.

Edit: HOW THE FUCK IS IT 4 AM ALREADY

No you are right.. WW2 had the biggest impact on Germany. This led to an almost existential crisis there (shouldn't have to tell you, you being German) WW2 and The Great War happened for infinite reasons but the biggest ones to me are.

1) Creation of Germany. The creation of the German state (and to a lesser extent Italy) effectively ended the Concert of Europe and let that the pesky genie called Nationalism out of the bottle that the Concert tried to contain with Napoleon and the French Revolution

2) the Industrial Revolution. This is the biggest event in mankind's history and I bet people just gloss over this shit. The industrial revolutions (1st and 2nd) changed everything in modern societies. It arguably helped foster the creation of the modern Nation-State.

I'd have to disagree on Germany not being able to take Britain. If they hadnt let 300 thousand allied soldiers flee during the evacuation, and had concentrated more on Uboats than giant battleships (which aside from the Tirpitz didn't do them a ton of good) they would have had a good chance at strangling the UK into submission. I know at one point they were down to a few months of supplies thanks to the Uboat fleet sinking supply ships left and right. So the ability and opportunity was there, they just fucked up all their advantages.

Just try not to double post if you don't see another person respond. Sorry, you're kind of overdoing it. It's helpful to edit one minute after posting to respond to another. :)

Well then being fat isn't your biggest problem. It's the fact that you're dead.

Do you live in a van down by the river

I have figured out the plus button on mobile and what it does and yes Gata, I live in a van but I can still motivate. Dega.. I am a zombie and line, I'll try to use the magic plus button so I can not make so many posts from now and can respond to multiple people.

Also using the edit button line.. Holy shit. I have problems when I double you in posting.

It really is the best.

It is sad how little we are taught about history in school.

I gladly donate to the website as should the rest of you cheapskates!

I don't have any uninterrupted blocks of time to listen anymore. Only reason I haven't bought out the library.

I used to listen to them when delivering flyers door to door. Time just flew by.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Mike Tomlin apparently told Ryan Clark that Trent Truck wasn't going to make it in the league when the Browns initially drafted him.

Video

Top Bottom