• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT2| - Second verse same as the first

14 games where he had a whopping 27 rushing attempts and 35 passing attempts.

Also he had a rushing TD.

Also Joe Webb is a WR playing QB, Tyrod at least can work within the pocket and make accurate throws and this is from someone who likes Joe Webb.

I'm not expecting 40 TD's, but 25-28 total TD's and 11-12 INT's? I can live with that.

Lol

Where does RG3 land. If you break down the entire NFL. There are only about 6 teams that do not have a a for sure starting QB and they are all in the AFC.

He should go somewhere that he knows the OC is a hot candidate to get a job somewhere as an HC. Somewhere that he can sit for a year, learn that OC's system, then follow him to try and get a starting job wherever he goes.

Realistically though, probably a team like the Jets, where he fits the system and would start at some point in the year.

He should go somewhere that he knows the OC is a hot candidate to get a job somewhere as an HC. Somewhere that he can sit for a year, learn that OC's system, then follow him to try and get a starting job wherever he goes.

Realistically though, probably a team like the Jets, where he fits the system and would start at some point in the year.

The Jets are interesting. I think if they get stable play at the QB position they could go from mediocre to playoff team easily.

gutshot

Eagles-GAF may be overly optimistic talking themselves into Sam Bradford, but at least we aren't Bills fans talking themselves into Tyrod freakin' Taylor.

eznark

Banned
This Tyrod Taylor talk is un-fucking-real. I love it!

He's gone from a joke to poor man's Kap to RGIII in a few posts. We keep at it we might start giving him a Vick-in-his-prime comp.

He's gone from a joke to poor man's Kap to RGIII in a few posts. We keep at it we might start giving him a Vick-in-his-prime comp.
He was never a joke!

Vick was definitely better though. Stronger arm, much better runner.

JABEE

I didn't read the end of last thread. I'm just excited for the Eagles season as a fan. I think Eagles fans have good reason to be excited about the team.

I think he's the next Rohjahs, tbh.

RGIII in his rookie year? Leagues better than Taylor, not even a contest. Kaep? Even with how thoroughly mediocre he is, better than Taylor, not even a contest.

I think he'll be a solid if unspectacular guy that looks raw as hell and makes some stupid throws but also makes some great plays with his legs. But at this point, RGIII can't stay healthy and holds the ball too long (cardinal sin in a Greg Roman offense). If he can sit, learn from an OC that's not shit, and play next year I fully expect him to be way better than Tyrod Taylor.

T-Mobile is just the best option out of a bad bunch. But I think with the weapons he's got he can be decent.

Personally I think his best comp is JP Lohsman

Trent Edwards pre-concussion tbh.

Farooq

Banned
Yes. I also saw like 30 articles saying it was non-contact and the actual tear occured before the contact.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/25/report-scandrick-out-for-season-with-torn-acl/
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2555624-preseason-acl-injures-can-be-drastically-reduced-heres-how
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000516152/article/orlando-scandrick-tears-acl-and-mcl-out-for-season

So while I think the gif looks like it was the result of contact, that's now what writers are saying as far as I knew.

Alright, I understand. For what it's worth, Dr. Chao thought it was a contact injury.

https://twitter.com/ProFootballDoc/status/636401635963473920

@ProFootballDoc David J. Chao, MD retweeted Bret Kelly
An example of contact ACL/MCL injury. Most commonly ACL tears happen without contact but can be either way

Pepiope

I'm on Defcon Pepe levels of hype for this season. LET"S GO EAGLES-GAF!

Brandon Lee Gowton
‏@BrandonGowton
Small sample size, but Sam Bradford has only taken 2.45 seconds on average to throw. Nick Foles averaged 2.96 over past two seasons.

Be hype!

gutshot

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Jaguars' TE Julius Thomas expected to need surgery on tendon in his finger and is expected to miss 4-5 weeks, per source. 2nd opinion Tues.

Adjust your draft boards accordingly, fantasy peeps.

JABEE

Jaguars' TE Julius Thomas expected to need surgery on tendon in his finger and is expected to miss 4-5 weeks, per source. 2nd opinion Tues.

Gata's team has no luck.

Farooq

Banned
Brandon Lee Gowton
‏@BrandonGowton
Small sample size, but Sam Bradford has only taken 2.45 seconds on average to throw. Nick Foles averaged 2.96 over past two seasons.

Be hype!

Mcfadden averaged 9.2 yards a carry. Should I get hyped too?

jmdajr

Didn't they already lose their 1st round pick for the season? Hard times.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
eznark said:
http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/20...tthew-stafford

I said this all throughout last year. The offense wasn't special in the least. The DL struggled a ton and went weeks without getting pressure on the QB. It was a cake schedule.

I expect 8-8 this year for three reasons:

1) Tougher schedule (including a first five games that Detroit could easily lose all of)
2) The defense is bound to take a step back from last year
3) Joe Lombardi is still the offensive coordinator (and possibly the worst in the league) and Stafford is still a mediocre QB with a terrible record against winning teams, especially on the road.

If they start 3-2, I'll start considering playoffs as a possibility.

The point is 15 attempts don't mean anything. Especially compared to two seasons of work.

Well, Bradford was faster than Foles even when he was in St. Louis. There's no question Bradford is more decisive than Foles or Sanchez. I think he also makes his reads faster, that TD to Trey Burton is a great example of it. He read his RB and saw him covered, and then read Burton coming across the front and got the ball out perfectly to him during a Blitz. Foles wouldn't have had time to make that second read, and he certainly wouldn't have set his feet and made the throw in that situation, he almost definitely would have taken the sack or thrown off his back foot and gotten picked.

Top Bottom