• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT2| - Second verse same as the first

Godslay

Banned
Barkley couldn't cut it in one of the most QB friendly offenses in the NFL. I would've ventured elsewhere, but in the end it won't cost them anything. He won't be on the roster for 6 weeks, so it's a moot point.

Depending on the pick it's probably just to be able to take a look before anyone else can claim him when he was cut.

Barkley couldn't cut it in one of the most QB friendly offenses in the NFL. I would've ventured elsewhere, but in the end it won't cost them anything. He won't be on the roster for 6 weeks, so it's a moot point.

Where then? Because I'm honestly curious. where else would they find a qb on the cheap? What maybe Hundley? (was appraised as a first round pick out of UCLA, don't know why he dropped so low. That offense around him and especially that oline was dogshit) Green Bay can hold him and drive up the demand for him.

There isn't that many places to look.

cashman

Banned
Okay, I don't think EZ's cut can be considered spoilers. I mean, by the time the new episode comes around everyone pretty much knows what happened. It's not like a regular TV show or anime where not everyone has read the source material.

What did that director say... They had roughly 350 hours of footage edited down to one hour.

People on this forum get mad if you post spoilers about the Draft. Spoiler Justice Warriors can never be reasoned with.

Pepiope

Where then? Because I'm honestly curious. where else would they find a qb on the cheap? What maybe Hundley? (was appraised as a first round pick out of UCLA, don't know why he dropped so low. That offense around him and especially that oline was dogshit) Green Bay can hold him and drive up the demand for him.

There isn't that many places to look.
That depends. How much are you willing to work for? They'd get the same production.

Sorry for taking a cheap shot at you.

Depending on the pick it's probably just to be able to take a look before anyone else can claim him when he was cut.
Conditional 7th. We get the pick if he's on the roster for 6 weeks. We won't get the pick. They're taking a look, so I guess we're wasting their time, which isn't too bad.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
So I see the Giants ended up cutting Steve Weatherford, rightfully so, and used a conditional 7th (?) to trade for Steelers punter Brad Wing.

SteelersGAF, is Wing any good?

I posted some thoughts about him this am. He has a strong leg but was inconsistent last year. Looked better this preseaon while being pushed by another strong legged Aussie.

Mudcrab

Josh Freeman cut by Dolphins.

Pt9GEZ7.gif

RBH

Chip Kelly would become the biggest heel in the NFL if he ends up cutting Tebow too and just keeps 2 QBs.

Eagles 2011 draft

1. Danny Watkins
2. Jaiquawn Jarrett
3. Curtis Marsh
4. Casey Matthews
4. Alex Henery
5. Dion Lewis
5. Julian Vandervelde
6. Jason Kelce (He's still here!)
6. Brian Rolle
7. Greg Lloyd
7. Stanley Havili

10 of 11 players are no longer on the roster

Seahawks 2011 draft:

1 25 James Carpenter - Was ok, got paid to go somewhere else.
3 75 John Moffitt - Was traded after a year and retired shortly after.
4 99 K.J. Wright - Really good, still on the team.
4 107 Kris Durham - Can't remember but I know he's still in the league so there's that.
5 154 Richard Sherman - Beast, obviously still on team.
5 156 Mark LeGree - No idea.
6 173 Byron Maxwell - Ok corner, got paid massively to go somewhere else (thanks for the 3rd-4th round conditional pick Eagles).
7 205 Lazarius Levingston - No idea.
7 242 Malcolm Smith - Ok Linebacker, shouldn't have won MVP in the Super Bowl. Got paid to go somewhere else.

Just 2 of the 9 still on the team but 3 others were there for all of their rookie contracts and got overpaid to go somewhere else.

Godslay

Banned
That depends. How much are you willing to work for? They'd get the same production.

Sorry for taking a cheap shot at you.

Conditional 7th. We get the pick if he's on the roster for 6 weeks. We won't get the pick. They're taking a look, so I guess we're wasting their time, which isn't too bad.

Small price to pay to get to see someone before anyone else. Even if it doesn't pan out for the Cards. I don't see what the big deal is.

cdyhybrid

I'm hoping we trade Michael and keep Rawls. Michael was ok yesterday but Rawls and been good this preseason and looked like miniLynch last night. Still hoping we sign Fred Jackson as well. If we sign him I think Turbin gets cut because of his injury.

Need to remember that Rawls was playing against guys that probably won't be on a roster after tomorrow though.

squicken

Dianna Marie Russini ‏@diannaESPN
When I first reported Tebow was heading to Philly & were trying to trade Barkley, Miami offered a 5th Eagles wanted a 4th, so no trade.

Not sure on this. She's either super-informed on not at all

Dragon

Banned
Seahawks 2011 draft:

1 25 James Carpenter - Was ok, got paid to go somewhere else.
3 75 John Moffitt - Was traded after a year and retired shortly after.
4 99 K.J. Wright - Really good, still on the team.
4 107 Kris Durham - Can't remember but I know he's still in the league so there's that.
5 154 Richard Sherman - Beast, obviously still on team.
5 156 Mark LeGree - No idea.
6 173 Byron Maxwell - Ok corner, got paid massively to go somewhere else (thanks for the 3rd-4th round conditional pick Eagles).
7 205 Lazarius Levingston - No idea.
7 242 Malcolm Smith - Ok Linebacker, shouldn't have won MVP in the Super Bowl. Got paid to go somewhere else.

Just 2 of the 9 still on the team but 3 others were there for all of their rookie contracts and got overpaid to go somewhere else.

oTawHQ3S7uWhtnjKp9uq_oJVC3FYn9kmU-KC1hvUsA0

I believe the only two players left are Solder and Cannon. The rest of the draft was an epic epic disaster.

Ridley and Vereen were good players but I dunno, felt like Ridley could have been a top 10 RB if he just got his shit together :/.

Godslay

Banned
Someone got pissed because I made a joke and said Fuck Arians.

It's easy to forget that even though Barkley will likely always be a backup he's still worth having around if you need some depth, and someone to know something about the position if the depth shuffles up.

When you get to the 2nd/3rd guy at the QB it's not always about what they can do on the field.

No(probably). Im trying to stay sober to remember all the shit I need to remember to pass cdl test with air brake endorsement

That's a fun one. I actually have my Class B CDL with airbrakes as well. Pre-trip inspection was the hardest part, all the little things to remember. The driving isn't so bad.

gutshot

Not sure on this. She's either super-informed on not at all

Yeah, I find that very hard to believe. A 5th rounder is a pretty good get for most players in the NFL, especially one that has shown as little as Matt Barkley.

FWIW, Eagles beat writers also don't believe it.

Top Bottom