• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Friends, history has been made tonight. I'm sure you men of distinguished taste have heard of the shower beer.

I just pulled off the cold shower beer. It was glorious.

My girlfriend introduced me to that. At first I scoffed at the idea like Frasier Crane but then I tried it and well...sometimes being a little trashy isn't so bad.

tom-savage-nfl-preseason-san-francisco-49ers-houston-texans.jpg

Sexy.
Nic cage looking good

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2016-new-york-jets-1785498001

Thanksgiving 2012. I spent all day hungover on the couch, watching the Texans and the Lions trying their hardest to end the game in a tie (they sadly didn’t), and took a nap during the Cowboys game, because I was HYPED for Jets-Patriots that night. “Game of the season!!” I shouted at my dad as I sat down on the couch at 8:00pmwith a fresh DOUBLE cup of coffee, which I polished off shortly before kickoff. Things were looking great, tied 0-0 going into the 2nd quarter. The caffeine is RAGING in my veins.

We all know what happened next. :52 seconds, 21 points, including my boy Mark Sanchez got pulled into the black gravity hole of Brandon Moore’s asshole, and the score was quickly 35-7. And boy oh boy, I was so wide awake for it I thought I could read minds.

Just in time to get a text from a friend who was at the game. “My son took off all his Jets gear and is sarcastically clapping for every play the Pats make.”
Brady is suspended for 4 games and everyone agrees that despite one of the best defenses in the league, the Jets still don’t stand a chance to win the division.
Doug Brien just needs to make a chip shot field goal and we beat the Yinzers and go to the AFC Championship Game. After having a perfect regular season and bragging about it, he shanks both chances and we lose. As a broken down 6-year-old I stared at the television mouth agape, eyes welling up. My father, stoic as can be, finishes his beer, pats me on the shoulder, and says “Welcome to being a Jets fan.” and went to bed.
This past season, with a 10-5 record coming off an improbable win against the Patriots, all the Jets had to do was not shit the bed against their bloviating troll of an ex-head coach, Rex Ryan. Do this, and they make the playoffs. And god damn it, they really looked like a playoff team.

How do they handle it? Revis gets toasted by Sammy Watkins all game, Fitzpatrick throws three picks in the 4th quarter, and I end up in my bed in a drunken fetal ball muttering “time is a flat circle…” It was by far the best Jets season this decade.
Only the Jets could be held hostage by Ryan Fucking Fitzpatrick.

We have two franchise QBs. Can you say the same? You probably don't even have one. But you're probably paying one fool like he is, even tho he ain't.

Go Cuhbois.

My girlfriend introduced me to that. At first I scoffed at the idea like Frasier Crane but then I tried it and well...sometimes being a little trashy isn't so bad.

After playing football matches in Australia (australian football) me and my teammates would sit in the showers on plastic chairs drinking beers.

The taste reminds me of victory. Or at least drinking in the showers after victory.

Sanjuro

Haha. So, this has been a reoccurring thing for a while. Yahoo mobile just has a bunch of paid adverts. I remember seeing months ago they killed Colin Kaepernick. Now they just have follow up ads in his memory.

Manchester United on top of the league

Red Sox are making the playoffs

Duke will be the number 1 team in college basketball this season

Grover Cleveland will no longer be taking Ls on account of Super Bowl 50, thank you.

Post all the gifs you want, but that chapter is closed.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Am I really gonna have to do this again?

I'm tired wienkieblond, don't make me go dig up the team post again, plzzzzz

College basketball you get a pass.

Baseball is atrocious. Did they run out of Yankees fan applications or something? Because you're basically pulling for the Yankees of the premier league.

You didn't mention the NBA but if you're not a Hornets fan then I'm sure bionic can get you into the Lakers fan club.

College basketball you get a pass.

Baseball is atrocious. Did they run out of Yankees fan applications or something? Because you're basically pulling for the Yankees of the premier league.

You didn't mention the NBA but if you're not a Hornets fan then I'm sure bionic can get you into the Lakers fan club.

Damnit

Yall been known my allegiances.

Don't act brand-new

Bobcats Hornets, Jeffreycats also acceptable nickname
Panthers
Sox (Minor League: Durham Bulls/ Charlotte Knights)
United
Roger Federer GenieBAE in women's tennis
Lewis Hamilton
USA in everything, that's the squad
Duke in everything, that's also the squad
The color red
Non-pineapple Pizza
Team Jacob
McCoys
Harambe
TeamIronMan (fuck Stark but I'm contractually obligated to support T'Challa)
Kave, because well, BG got too big for his britches

If I had a local big league baseball club or soccer team, I would support them too. I ain't no gata.

You're still a Gata if you're a Man U fan.

There are no Premier League teams anywhere near the state of North Carolina.

There are what, like 9 NFL teams between Gata and New England? And he has 3 in his state?

hmmm...

I picked up association football a decade ago. Back when the only teams on mainstream TV in the US were pretty much Manchester United, Liverpool, and Arsenal. I picked one and stuck with them. If I just wanted to bandwagon, I'd have gone from being a United fan to a Chelsea fan back to being a United fan to being a City fan back to being a Chelsea fan to being a Leicester fan.

There are what, like 9 NFL teams between Gata and New England? And he has 3 in his state?

hmmm...

I picked up association football a decade ago. Back when the only teams on mainstream TV in the US were pretty much Manchester United, Liverpool, and Arsenal. I picked one and stuck with them. If I just wanted to bandwagon, I'd have gone from being a United fan to a Chelsea fan back to being a United fan to being a City fan back to being a Chelsea fan to being a Leicester fan.
I was a patriot fan before I moved to Florida

hmmm...

Fuck united tho

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
If you're actually getting 8 hours of sleep you aren't an old.

Most every old I know is in the 4-6 hour...maybe 7 range...maybe also an afternoon nap thrown in on the weekends.

Supposedly the elderly sleep a lot but if my 80 something year old dad was any indication, he slept in like 3 hour blocks periodically throughout the day and would be wide awake after. I hear restive sleep is hard when you're that old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom