• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

That's crazy. Has to be more to the story.

Sal Capaccio ‏@SalSports 12m12 minutes ago
Timing of Williams release leads me to believe there has to be another issue that has arisen. Not sure, but working to find out.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 8m8 minutes ago
Albert Breer Retweeted Buffalo Bills
This feels like a warning shot to the rest of the roster.
They have been dealing with a lot of suspensions for off field issues

Colasante

It is humorous how quickly the Football Gods punished the Bills after Rex Ryan proclaimed that they'd won the offseason. I still don't know what he thought saying that would accomplish.

Prediction: Brad Nortman will prove to be a bigger off season loss than Josh Norman for the Panthers. Our rookie corners are looking fairly competent, while there isn't a healthy starting punter on the roster.

No love for Swayze?

Related: Apparently it's raining fairly significantly now in Nashville. O/U 3 muffed punts on both sides

manfestival

Probably no good then man.

hmmm
cm-vi1.gif

Colasante

My understanding of Karlos Williams' cut: Was performance, not discipline. Thanks to his weight, he was behind McCoy, J. Williams, Bush, etc

Williams will definitely be claimed by a team with a higher waiver priority, but I'd love to see him on the Patriots. This is a unique case where the suspension will actually help for him, since it reduces how much the team has to pay him, gives him more time to get in shape and get motivated, doesn't affect the opening day 53-man roster, and, for a team like the Patriots, would let them see how well their running game works with Blount as the lead back in case they need a talent infusion mid-season.

BigAT

Bills' amazing offseason continues:

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
Marcell Dareus, via the Bills, announces he will enter a rehab facility.

jbug617

Banned
I don't know football doesn't feel right with me right now. Might because the Red Sox are having a good season or the Brady suspension still stings.

As soon as I get ready to post that the Panthers are making Mariota look like Steve Young, he throws a pick.

His best quality :)

As much as yall love to post Cam not diving for a football, Ginn letting a ball go through his hands turn into a pick is the turnover from the Super Bowl that by far makes me the saltiest.

Flash feet with stone hands

MechDX

CqT9h6_XgAI8Njr.jpg:large

Woohoo! We suck! #SaveusLarryIzzo!!!

Giants are impressive. Giants GAF do you feel Izzo had ANYTHING to do with your success on special teams in comparison to spending?

As much as yall love to post Cam not diving for a football, Ginn letting a ball go through his hands turn into a pick is the turnover from the Super Bowl that by far makes me the saltiest.

Flash feet with stone hands

Now that I think about it, I don't think either Cam strip-sack is in my top 5 worst plays from that game

1) Ginn drop turned pick
2) Fair Catch that wasn't actually a fair catch
3) Gano missing the field goal
4) Cotchery dropping balls (just combining all his drops into one)
5) Tolbert's second fumble

Crisco

Banned
Now that I think about it, I don't think either Cam strip-sack is in my top 5 worst plays from that game

1) Ginn drop turned pick
2) Fair Catch that wasn't actually a fair catch
3) Gano missing the field goal
4) Cotchery dropping balls (just combining all his drops into one)
5) Tolbert's second fumble

Especially when you consider no one bothered so much as stand in Von's way on both strip sacks. A literal turnstile would have been more effective.

Cagey

Banned
CqT9h6_XgAI8Njr.jpg:large

Woohoo! We suck! #SaveusLarryIzzo!!!

Giants are impressive. Giants GAF do you feel Izzo had ANYTHING to do with your success on special teams in comparison to spending?

The Giants ST last year (edit: beyond FGs, that is) was good for the first time in ages and the coach (Quinn) has remained the same throughout. Don't read too much into that one result.

This preseason is so long and Boring.

Daryl Richardson. Eli Rogers. Those are the only two guys that feature prominently in preseason that figure to make the team. Everyone else is applying for the practice squad (Or secretly wishing the guy above them on the depth chart gets injured).

Have a bday party to go to but I can catch the first quarter or two of the game.

Ready to see more of the 1st team D and Sterling Shephard.

Justin Pugh and Eli Apple not playing today. Pugh with a bruised shoulde and Apple still has the knee from last week.

Derp. Nevermind me.

It wa so expected that we would draft him, I can't blame you. Apple had an excellent ga,e last week before he was injured though. The athleticism was there though he still needs work in coverage as expected.

Cruz is not playing. Already confirmed. He's set to practice this coming week and play in week 3. If he gets injured again...and doesn't play, I'd be shocked if he makes the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom