• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter S.

If you're actually getting 8 hours of sleep you aren't an old.

Most every old I know is in the 4-6 hour...maybe 7 range...maybe also an afternoon nap thrown in on the weekends.

Supposedly the elderly sleep a lot but if my 80 something year old dad was any indication, he slept in like 3 hour blocks periodically throughout the day and would be wide awake after. I hear restive sleep is hard when you're that old.
Weinke it is scientific fact people sleep less as they age. Sleep is associated with learning in current theories. So the idea is people learn less as they age, so they need less sleep. Especially , REM sleep. Look it up, it is modern sleep psychology.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I think ez sleeps like 2-3 hours a night. He's living the dream because I wish my body could adjust to that without consequences.

Weinke it is scientific fact people sleep less as they age. Sleep is associated with learning in current theories. So the idea is people learn less as they age, so they need less sleep. Especially , REM sleep. Look it up, it is modern sleep psychology.

I wasn't being skeptic. It sounds like you're confirming what I said!

There's a cliche that the elderly go to bed early and take frequent naps but I think that has more to do with the fact that they don't sleep well period so they're not getting very good sleep to begin with. Like yeah my 80+ year old dad would go to bed between 7:30-8PM but he would always wake up and watch tv from like 1-4AM and then fall back asleep until like 6AM.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
8 hours after getting hammered? I wish!

I get alcohol insomnia really bad so it's like pass out for 3-4 hours and then stay awake until dawn followed by a Saturday/Sunday nap.

Hunter S.

I think ez sleeps like 2-3 hours a night. He's living the dream because I wish my body could adjust to that without consequences.

I wasn't being skeptic. It sounds like you're confirming what I said!

There's a cliche that the elderly go to bed early and take frequent naps but I think that has more to do with the fact that they don't sleep well period so they're not getting very good sleep to begin with. Like yeah my 80+ year old dad would go to bed between 7:30-8PM but he would always wake up and watch tv from like 1-4AM and then fall back asleep until like 6AM.
Coffee time

I used to live with my grandparents. My g-pa was similar.

Hell, it sounds good to me. Sleep when you're dead. It is football season, baby!

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah, I actually sleep less after drinking. It's weird. Was killing me last weekend when we went hard Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. That Sunday was brutal.

BigAT

I get alcohol insomnia really bad so it's like pass out for 3-4 hours and then stay awake until dawn followed by a Saturday/Sunday nap.

Yeah, I actually sleep less after drinking. It's weird. Was killing me last weekend when we went hard Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. That Sunday was brutal.

Same here, I can't sleep for shit after drinking. It's real annoying.

Tom Penny

Yeah I set my alarm at like 7am and hit snooze forever. I miss naps. I used to work 7-3 take a power nap then party all night for years when my body could handle it.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Brother! I'm the same way, have some drinks and my sleep is fucked.

Go to bed at 4am, wake up at 7am, can't go back to sleep rest of the day.

Crisco

Banned
After I stopped smoking weed it took a solid month or longer before I could sleep through the night again. Now I just drink a few ounces of bourbon before bed and sleep like a baby.

Damn, I've always been able to sleep 8+ hours without a problem.
There's been times when Ive went to sleep at 7pm and woke up at 7am. 12 hours :v

bionic77

Damn, I've always been able to sleep 8+ hours without a problem.
There's been times when Ive went to sleep at 7pm and woke up at 7am. 12 hours :v
I am the same.

Sleep was never a problem for me.

I am an old and I Iike to get at least 7 a night. I have kids so the weekend don't mean shit anymore. No more sleeping in.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Missi Matthews ‏@missi_matthews 11m11 minutes ago

Open locker room at the UPMC Rooney Sports Complex: Dustin Vaughan has a cast on his right hand. Says he fractured a bone in his thumb.

Wanted: Third sting quarterback. Skeletal system must not be made of glass or glassesque materials.

Sure. Can't be worse than shattered glass.

Ehhh...ummm

you could say that

3caf089859c45e5babdcf10021a3f9e5_large

Hindl

Yeah I'm the same way. I generally can't sleep past 9 anyway but even if I'm out till 3 I wake up at 7:30 and can't get back to sleep

BigAT

Suck it Dutch, our ladies are better than yours.

Although I think we might be able to find a green card for Laura Dijkema.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago

First shocking preseason cut: Buffalo Bills planning to release RB Karlos Williams, per league source.

Nowadays they might...
He's probably going to be mad that I'm slandering him like this.

Suck it Dutch, our ladies are better than yours.

Although I think we might be able to find a green card for Laura Dijkema.
Wienke will sponsor her.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago

First shocking preseason cut: Buffalo Bills planning to release RB Karlos Williams, per league source.
Hmm that's something

Crisco

Banned
Prediction: Brad Nortman will prove to be a bigger off season loss than Josh Norman for the Panthers. Our rookie corners are looking fairly competent, while there isn't a healthy starting punter on the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom