• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.
CpSvwhMVYAEV3WX.jpg

An oldie but fuck Cleveland and Ohio.

Duxxy3

So are they going to reschedule the game or are the NFLs Golden Franchise, the Green Bay Packers, going to get one preseason game off?

Hopefully they get flown to a real stadium with a real field and we get to watch something soon.

The Real Cleve returns tonight.

No more Ws for BG

Life is about to snatch his wig.

The Winter of Ls begins for BG.

Suicide Squad being trash
Frank Not Dropping
Preseason games getting cancelled

Them Ls rolling back in for BlackGhost
tumblr_mvi17nKMw91sd9xuzo1_500.gif

"You can't take no L's off me" - Drake
drake-3.w529.h352.gif

So...I have beer and I'm about to pick up food...what the fuck do I watch now!? BG you owe is football!!!!!!
I've been watching the Syfy show The Magicians this weekend. You can stream season one on the website or app. Now you can watch too =]

BigAT

So are they going to reschedule the game or are the NFLs Golden Franchise, the Green Bay Packers, going to get one preseason game off?

Yeah, it's pretty fucked that Joe Callahan is going to get all that extra rest.

And I don't know why I'm telling you this since you definitely watch actual games and know football so well, but the NFL was forcing their golden franchise to play a full preseason game more than every other team in the league and cancelling this game will result with Green Bay still playing the same number of games as everyone else.

BigAT

Wow, they still haven't told the fans in attendance that the game is cancelled.

Are they even going to realize the game isn't being played? I don't think the people of Cleveland are used to seeing NFL football played on Sundays anyway.

I made a flippant "cancel the preseason" reply on ESPN's Twitter and someone got mad that I can do without a month of meaningless games

I was in this league last year wasn't I?

I believe so, as unknowndegenerate right? You want back in?

I've been watching the Syfy show The Magicians this weekend. You can stream season one on the website or app. Now you can watch too =]

Hmm I have been meaning to watch that...I won't forgive you that easily though!

You guys realize this means that football has been delayed until Thursday

On Disrespect Thursday, it's perfect really.

RBH

I hope they televise the announcement of them telling the fans that the game is cancelled, followed by them zooming in on fans to see their reaction.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
It's still a preseason game so lol rescheduling

also lol cleveland

No, "lol rescheduling"

Packers have to play 4 preseason games like the rest of the NFL.

An extra preseason game off gives them a huge advantage with all other teams having to deal with potential injuries.

No, "lol rescheduling"

Packers have to play 4 preseason games like the rest of the NFL.

An extra preseason game off gives them a huge advantage with all other teams having to deal with potential injuries.

Hof game is an extra game Kas.

They would have played 5 if they hadn't cancelled.

Source: Vikings did it last year.

RBH

It's only appropriate that football now gets started on Thursday with the Atlanta Falcons, baby!

ViKomES.gif

I actually like preseason because I'm a roster nerd. I like to see the talent below the surface.

Bit of a bummer.

Yeah, you gotta imagine it really hurts the fringe guys who have one less chance to show their worth to either their current team or the potential next team.

We largely DGAF about the preseason but some cats have their NFL careers on the line this month.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Hof game is an extra game Kas.

They would have played 5 if they hadn't cancelled.

Source: Vikings did it last year.

Ok, so I had it completely opposite. The HOF game adds an extra game which is stupid and adds injuries for the teams involved.

Essentially the NFL trying to milk players for an extra game to try to get to the 18 game season they want (which is insane).

Apologies Packers fans, the Lions are still taking the NFC North this year.

I'm actually glad they cancelled it. No team(s) should play an extra preseason game while the other 30 teams play 4 preseason games.

How do they not know the game is going to be cancelled before the night of the game?
Haha im pretty sure the NFL knew about the field problems. I think it might be their duty to keep up the field. Apprently NFL cancelled the local football teams home season that Usually plays on it. A friend just told me they cancelled his sons home season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom