• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farooq

Banned
Two thoughts. Swaim looks like he can hold the fort until Hanna gets back. I wonder if Okoye did enough to survive the first round of cuts.

Oh and uh fuck the Seahawks, ruining Romo's career since 2006.

Bitanator

Two thoughts. Swaim looks like he can hold the fort until Hanna gets back. I wonder if Okoye did enough to survive the first round of cuts.

Oh and uh fuck the Seahawks, ruining Romo's career since 2006.

Seahawks and Redskins. I'd throw Cardinals in there too but we just lose to them every time we play them

28uXb.jpg

Ian RapoportVerified account
‏@RapSheet
In a memo, @nflcommish formally created a prestigious Chairmen’s Committee of Clark Hunt, Robert Kraft, Bob McNair, John Mara, Art Rooney II

Apparently Thomas Brady, great American he is, managed to overcome the gruesome and calamitous laceration of his preaxial digit in a heinous and distressing incident and has made the long, treacherous trek upon a private plane from Nouveau England to the savage wildlands of North Carolina.

Zeke

Real talk for a minute. Doug Free struggled last night hope it was just a rough night. He is on year two of a three year deal. Chaz Green doesn't seem to be the solution either. I'd like see the team investment another pick on a stud linemen and take care of RT position next year.

MechDX

Heart Over Height:CHARLES JAMES II
CORNERBACK / HOUSTON TEXANS

Ill admit I teared up a little at the end. But this made me lol:

Early on, I really appreciated the little things about the NFL. I still do actually, but the difference between college ball and the pros really blew my mind.

Charleston Southern used to give us one pair of New Balance cleats at the beginning of each season that had to last us all year. So I was shocked when I walked into the Giants locker room for the first time and I saw I had two badass pairs of cleats, three pairs of gloves and all sorts of other stuff just waiting for me.

I turned to the equipment manager thinking there must be some mistake, “You know you have two pairs of cleats in my locker?”

He looked at me and said, “Yeah I know. They are yours.”

I was like, “For real?”

And he said, “Yeah, just tell me when you need a change and I’ll give you some more.”

My mouth jaw dropped, I couldn’t believe what he was telling me.

And he said, “Where’d you go to school?” And I tell him Charleston Southern. And he just laughed.

At Charleston, asking for another pair of cleats would have been like asking for another scholarship. I sure as hell wasn’t in Charleston anymore.

As corny as it sounds you cant measure heart. I rewatched that scene from Hard Knocks last year where James was the final cut. You can tell OB didnt want to do it but Smith convinced him to because he was short. James is the heart and soul on special teams and actually had a few good plays at CB in nickel and dime. He had a couple good pass break ups in the MNF game vs. the then unbeaten Bengals last season

Heart Over Height:CHARLES JAMES II
CORNERBACK / HOUSTON TEXANS

Ill admit I teared up a little at the end. But this made me lol:

As corny as it sounds you cant measure heart. I rewatched that scene from Hard Knocks last year where James was the final cut. You can tell OB didnt want to do it but Smith convinced him to because he was short. James is the heart and soul on special teams and actually had a few good plays at CB in nickel and dime. He had a couple good pass break ups in the MNF game vs. the then unbeaten Bengals last season
That was a good read, hard not to root for guys like that. It's amazing how determined some people are. Wouldn't it be nice if you could take his personality and combine it with the body of some athletic freak who is too lazy to give a shit?

MechDX

That was a good read, hard not to root for guys like that. It's amazing how determined some people are. Wouldn't it be nice if you could take his personality and combine it with the body of some athletic freak who is too lazy to give a shit?

Yeah.....

One thing though: isnt it the physical limitations that help to make the man who he is?

Or I guess we could have this scenario:

Apparently Thomas Brady, great American he is, managed to overcome the gruesome and calamitous laceration of his preaxial digit in a heinous and distressing incident and has made the long, treacherous trek upon a private plane from Nouveau England to the savage wildlands of North Carolina.

Whoa....Grova did you think this would go unnoticed!??!

You're a brady fan!? smh you deserve more Ls than the browns have gotten in their entire existence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom