• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are insane. Chip is such a great coach. He will be right around 500 at worst.

I think you need to head to Westgate for the prop bet. I heard there's one going on if niners go 0-16.

Also, how much are you disliking the Panda song since school started? I hear it all the time now..

I think you need to head to Westgate for the prop bet. I heard there's one going on if niners go 0-16.

Also, how much are you disliking the Panda song since school started? I hear it all the time now..

The Rams are notorious to beating teams they have no business beating and losing to teams they have no business losing to.

49ers are going 2-14.

Saying worst case scenario since Rams like to lose/win games where they have no business winning/losing.

perhaps worst case! best case... these are what i would call winnable games. not that we should or will be favored but if we won any of these games i wouldn't be shocked.

rams
bills
bucs
saints
dolphins
bears
jets
falcons

as for the rest of our schedule, doesn't look so hot but we are bound to get lucky a couple times! i now revise my season prediction to 12-4. good night

wait, one more thing. apparently kap didn't stand for the national anthem

Cq2OawpVYAAftth.jpg

he also says the coaching staff pulled him too quickly tonight. pretty sure he is trying to either get cut or traded

Duxxy3

wait, one more thing. apparently kap didn't stand for the national anthem

Cq2OawpVYAAftth.jpg

he also says the coaching staff pulled him too quickly tonight. pretty sure he is trying to either get cut or traded

Cut him. Don't want people like that on your team. They just become a cancer, even if they don't say a word.

brentech

Kap will get more heat and people outraged than Josh Brown did
Most people do when they act like children for the public to see. Doesn't mean what he did was worse, but it's out there for anyone watching -- not just a news blurb.

It's more surprising that the Internet justice league can't understand that.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Most people do when they act like children for the public to see. Doesn't mean what he did was worse, but it's out there for anyone watching -- not just a news blurb.

It's more surprising that the Internet justice league can't understand that.

Well he's black so we get to have the internet 'cism discussion about unnecessary hate from certain groups that aren't even that interested in football.

Even though it's more because he's one of the more famous quarterbacks who is now playing like garbage, "disrespecting the anthem", and acting like a child on national television whereas most casual fans haven't even heard of Josh Brown until he beat someone.

Line_HTX

Well he's black so we get to have the internet 'cism discussion about unnecessary hate from certain groups that aren't even that interested in football.

Even though it's more because he's one of the more famous quarterbacks who is now playing like garbage, "disrespecting the anthem", and acting like a child on national television whereas most casual fans haven't even heard of Josh Brown until he beat someone.

Supposedly he was comparing American and Confederate flags on Twitter a day earlier, I dunno...

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000691077/article/colin-kaepernick-explains-protest-of-national-anthem

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game against Green Bay. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

BigAT

Kaepernick:

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game against Green Bay. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

Hot take. He's apparently been doing it all preseason but no one noticed until now.

Hunter S.

The AFC and the NFC are trying to be make this boring for all. If I recall correctly, the Patriot League and the red headed step child league remain tied at .500 for the 2nd week in a row.

brentech

Kaepernick:

Hot take. He's apparently been doing it all preseason but no one noticed until now.

heh, I wrote out a big post and deleted it prior to this. Said, if this was his first time, it's the wrong way to make a stance - he's not proving anything to the team.....well, if this is right, he's not trying to and that's up to him.

It's a wash, I don't care now.

Beach

Kap will get more heat and people outraged than Josh Brown did
Well ones a former star QB who was a throw away from a superbowl win and the other is a kicker no one knows or cares about.

Kaep shouldn't get in trouble for what he did, doesn't mean people can't go after him for it.

Zeke

Don't really have problem with what kap did. Like it or not he has a right to protest. You can argue he shouldn't have done it at a game but that's about it. If he gets blacklisted over this thats bullshit.

RBH

y7ptexmhvubmtxilc43p.jpg

"If Joey Bosa ended his dispute tomorrow," said one NFC general manager, "he would barely get something from his rookie year. But it won't end tomorrow. It could be weeks. So effectively, the Chargers threw away the rookie year of their own high draft pick."

"His rookie season is over," said another NFC general manager, "and he may not be a Charger."

When league executives say his season is over, they mean effectively over, because he'd report to the team so late that it's unlikely he'd be able to make any significant contributions.

The second NFC general manager said there's a 20 to 30 percent chance that Bosa refuses to play for the Chargers and then re-enters the draft next year (the Chargers would own his rights until draft day). Bosa could then be picked in the draft by any team but the Chargers. The trading deadline has passed.

A member of the Bosa camp told me that that possibility "is slim but growing every day." The problem Bosa has is that a worse team than the Chargers could draft him, though now that seems hard to imagine. Even the Browns are laughing at the Chargers.

In speaking to people around the NFL, I've rarely seen such a unanimity on two fronts: 1) Bosa's rookie year is over, and 2) the Chargers are screwing this up.

I cannot stress this enough. Every team I speak to thinks the Chargers are ruining Bosa. They are laughing at the Chargers. Laughing at them.

"This is very Chargers," said one general manager.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...chargers-for-ruining-joey-bosas-rookie-season

Hmmm, raises an interesting question.

YH, Chip or Buddy Ryan?
This is a tough question. They are exact opposites of each other. Chip the offensive genius and buddy the defensive genius. Chip was a much better coach, but buddy was so good at building a team. I would pick chip but I loved buddy personality so much.

brentech

Don't really have problem with what kap did. Like it or not he has a right to protest. You can argue he shouldn't have done it at a game but that's about it. If he gets blacklisted over this thats bullshit.
Like I said. Thought he was protesting the team's treatment of him. No one said otherwise until ATs post.

His right to do that, but then again, helps when people can distinguish your reason for protesting with ease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom