• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.
#49ers QB comparison
Blaine Gabbert 2 of 3, 14 yards; 2 rushes for 15 yards.
Colin Kaepernick 2 of 6, 14 yards; 4 rushes for 18 yards.

We won't know until the Vegas Raiders trade for him.

200.gif

Slo

So according to these NFLN announcers, part of Chip Kelly's alleged genius is that he wants players on his team to have a general idea of the overall concept of each play rather than just their individual assignment?

eeehh kap looked rough. im not a huge fan of gabbert because i just think he's going to be average at best (whereas kap could be explosive if his head was there.... and maybe it could get there with more time?) but you can't start kap with how he looks. he looks exactly like he did last year! happy feet, wont throw the ball with anticipation, doesn't trust himself or the call.

at least gabbert can make some decent throws (though he isn't consistent)

Slo

eeehh kap looked rough. im not a huge fan of gabbert because i just think he's going to be average at best (whereas kap could be explosive if his head was there.... and maybe it could get there with more time?) but you can't start kap with how he looks. he looks exactly like he did last year! happy feet, wont throw the ball with anticipation, doesn't trust himself or the call.

And Ponder?

kaiju

I'm okay with a Gabbert/Driskel/Ponder season.

Kurt Warner's Football Camp ended Kap's career.

kaiju

i feel we should go with gabbo/kap/ponder and put driskel on the PS. no one is going to take him and i just feel (probably foolishy) that the offense may click for kap as some point

Most likely scenario with Kap guaranteed $12 million.

They might also cut Ponder and put Driskel on PS.

bigosc2k

Banned
i feel we should go with gabbo/kap/ponder and put driskel on the PS. no one is going to take him and i just feel (probably foolishy) that the offense may click for kap as some point

I think Kaep not being cleared for any type of workout hurt progress of getting in sync with the offense.

Blaine is going to be the starter by default here, but by mid-season fans are going to screaming for him to be benched.

Doomsayer

Johnson had two good games last year and has been consistently 1 step late in coverage since. He is probably going to get cut.

That was atrocious defense.

Doomsayer

pretty much. i can't think of a WR on our roster that would make another team (let alone on of the starters) aside from MAYBE torrey smith

Torrey is good, but I can't understand why we let Boldin walk. There is nothing on the outside that makes you feel comfortable letting a 70+ catch a year guy go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom