• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

Aikman threw 20 tds once. He shouldn't have sniffed the hall of fame.
Do you remember how he handled that "situation" when he came home to find his hot tub invaded by several naked women who were looking for disgusting sexual favors? No one in this thread could have handled it better than he did when he called the police and with the possible exception of AC Green no other pro athlete would have handled it as well as Troy did.

He deserved to make the HOF on that alone.

Spinluck

Do you remember how he handled that "situation" when he came home to find his hot tub invaded by several naked women who were looking for disgusting sexual favors? No one in this thread could have handled it better than he did when he called the police and with the possible exception of AC Green no other pro athlete would have handled it as well as Troy did.

Magic would've handled it just as well imo.

Syrinx

I'm curious what Wussle would do in this situation.

I am so conflicted right now.

Part of me wants him to retire, part of me wants to see him give it one more go.

Not getting injured is a skill. The way Romo scrambles, moves in the pocket, he just leaves himself open to awkward hits. That's why Eli Manning should be a shoe-in for the Hall of Fame.

If you saw the play where he got hurt, it wasn't even a big hit. The defender tried to strip the ball from behind. The reason he broke the bone in his back is the way he positioned his body in anticipation of getting hit. That's a mental thing, that seems to get worse the more times you get hurt.

And if you've got a bad back, I don't care how tough you are. You're going to be scared and timid of injuring it again. And in the NFL, that fear just makes it more likely that you will get injured again.

If Romo never plays another snap again for the Cowboys, he'll forever remain in my heart as a legend. A guy that just never got the breaks to go his way. A guy that by all rights never should have even been a QB in the NFL. An underdog who never complained...jeez I'm getting into some sort of eulogy right now. That's a little dramatic at this point in time.

I just don't know if my heart can take seeing him writhing on the field in pain again.

bender

What time is it?
Romo is the best Dallas QB of all time it's a shame he won't get the respect he deserves. Oddly enough from his own fanbase. Certain parts of the Cowboy fanbase have seemingly been wanting to run him out of town for the last 5 years, which is just strange.

Calling him the best Dallas QB is pretty silly but you are on point about the rest. His muffed hold in Seattle and a trip to Cancún really marred his public perception. Considering his background, he should be pointed to as a success story but instead he gets to be everyone's punchline. I hope he retires but know he will not. His body just can't take the punishment anymore.

Not getting injured is a skill. The way Romo scrambles, moves in the pocket, he just leaves himself open to awkward hits. That's why Eli Manning should be a shoe-in for the Hall of Fame.

Romo has always been really bad about not giving up on a play and living for another day. I bet if they keep track of throw aways that he'd be consistently at the bottom of the list for starting QBs.

He's for real a rookie QB that needs a lot of work mechanically, especially on his throws.

Granted it is pre-season but he's shown more poise than any other non-Romo QB the team has trotted out in years. Romo was fairly broken mechanically too in his early years.

Farooq

Banned
He's for real a rookie QB that needs a lot of work mechanically, especially on his throws.

This is going to be our offense now.

3o7TKrgkNhMPOWQB3O.gif

A lot of run/pass options. Hopefully Dez, Zeke and the line can stay healthy.

Btw, regarding your post about Romo, I agree with you. Romo will always be a Cowboys legend, dude wanted to come back in a friggin preseason game with what we know now to be a fracture in his back. I fucking love the guy.

It would be so fucking sweet to see him raise the Lombardi after all the shit he has been through. Have to come to terms with the realization that we probably won't see it.

This is going to be our offense now.

3o7TKrgkNhMPOWQB3O.gif

A lot of run/pass options. Hopefully Dez, Zeke and the line can stay healthy.

Btw, regarding your post about Romo, I agree with you. Romo will always be a Cowboys legend, dude wanted to come back in a friggin preseason game with what we know now to be a fracture in his back. I fucking love the guy.

It would be so fucking sweet to see him raise the Lombardi after all the shit he has been through. Have to come to terms with the realization that we probably won't see it.

If Dak has success this season, a lot of it will still be because of Romo. Guy has a sharp mind and can coach the hell out of Prescott. Few rookie QBs have ever had a better situation to walk into. Great OL, great RB (that can block), an all-time receiver, and the best mentor you could ask for.

Ultratech

Fuck, just read about the Romo news. >_<

I can only hope Dak learns quick on his feet...along with Showers, they're all the Cowboys have right now.

squicken

God the Rams are such a shit franchise. Tavon is a gadget player. He is not a RB or WR. He does neither well in a featured role. This is simply Fisher/Snead paying a guy they drafted high to make it look like they didn't fuck up that pick

Duxxy3

Cowboys to win the east by 2 games, assuming Romo never comes back. Dak will manage the game and Zeke will rush for 1600.

JABEE

God the Rams are such a shit franchise. Tavon is a gadget player. He is not a RB or WR. He does neither well in a featured role. This is simply Fisher/Snead paying a guy they drafted high to make it look like they didn't fuck up that pick
I thought of you the moment I saw the news.

Adam Schefter said:
Rams and WR Tavon Austin reach agreement on 4-year, $42 million extension including $30M gtd, per source. Incentives can take deal to $52M.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/769657530041536512

cdyhybrid

Fox318

couldn't have said it any better.

Zeke

Just saw the Romo news :( Dak is going to need to work his ass off this year. I feel so bad for Tony. Broke his collar bone twice last season finally gets healthy and now breaks his back. Going to have to go after a vet qb for sure now.

Bitanator

Just saw the Romo news :( Dak is going to need to work his ass off this year. I feel so bad for Tony. Broke his collar bone twice last season finally gets healthy and now breaks his back. Going to have to go after a vet qb for sure now.

If we can surprise win the first two games, I see either 49ers or Bears as wins even with Dak. The 49ers are my pick to embarrass us since hey it is the cowboys, we are due each season for a head shaker. 3-3 going into the bye week with romo taking all snaps leading up to the Eagles game week 8.

During the first snap, Elliot sees his a mirage of his ex girlfriend in the Eagles sidelines and fails to pick up a blitz, Romo cracks his clavicle on his throwing arm this time

FTF

Romo really needs to think about retiring. He probably won't before the season is over (unless he comes back in a couple months and gets hurt again), but could totally see him retiring after this year.

And that Tavon contract is fucking ridiculous.

gutshot

Chip basically wasted 2 of the 3 first round picks he was given. And the best pick isn't going to be able to play until week 11. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom